Tyrone Mings stamp on Zlatan | He’s at it again

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
The Impact was clearly to Arter's head and he was caught full force by a large man in Pogba, I'd say that would put most people to the ground to be honest at which point the ref is supposed to stop the game.

I still think former players and referees are better qualified than you or me to decide on tackles like that, even former refs who are slow to criticise former colleagues said Friend got it wrong which is quite telling.

I'm not sure what else they could have given Zlatan, he can't say he was grapping for position for an incoming ball as it was in the other half, G Nev said straight red if they'd seen it and I have to agree. Even if it was somehow a yellow you can't really say that's equal to Surman putting a hand on Zlatans chest later. Even if he got a yellow and things continued as happened he couldn't keep his mouth shut over their penalty and got a yellow, he just had no discipline all game and I hope the rest does him well.
Quote me those said referees. Former players aren't at all better at judging what's a foul and what's not. I've played football for a long a time and I've worked on football pundit shows for almost 10 years and more often than not do former professional football players not know the rules. They just go by what they feel is right. Even pundits like Neville go with their feelings on this matter rather than looking at the actual rulebook. Throwing someone to the ground is not violent conduct. It's exactly the same as the Surman push.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
If he's out for 3 matches I hope we don't play him against FC Rostov on Thursday. We should give Rooney and Rashford a chance and try to determine who we should while Zlatan is out.
Eh? Europa is important competition for us for possible CL qualification. It is not practice/off-season friendly to try different things.
How to cope in Zlatan's absence, as in formation and player, will be worked on regardless. I am assuming Rooney will be playing Chelsea match as forward given he hasn't traveled to Russia. Against Boro or West Brom, it can be worked on later depending on tactics.

ManUchosenbosslvg

Supports
Manchester reds
Quote me those said referees. Former players aren't at all better at judging what's a foul and what's not. I've played football for a long a time and I've worked on football pundit shows for almost 10 years and more often than not do former professional football players not know the rules. They just go by what they feel is right. Even pundits like Neville go with their feelings on this matter rather than looking at the actual rulebook. Throwing someone to the ground is not violent conduct. It's exactly the same as the Surman push.
I said former referees. Obviously wasn't worth keeping the papers after that sh*tshow but I believe it was former ref Jeff Winter in a column I read, and former head of referees Keith Hackett. They're the only trained referees that I have seen have any input and both said it was a clean tackle that Friend got all wrong. Is there anyone saying Friend got it right?

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Mings ban confirmed
Zlatan got three for his elbow.

Mings’ stamp was deemed to be more serious he gets five.

AFC Bournemouth’s Tyrone Mings will serve a five-match suspension, following an Independent Regulatory Commission hearing today.

— The FA (@FA) March 8, 2017
16:16

Bury Red

Backs Fergie, Yells Giggs!
It's irrelevant as he did his knee shortly afterwards anyway and looks likely to miss more than the 5 match suspension, I suspect the fact that Bournemouth have held off publishing any details of the injury thus far was so that it was not taken into account in his punishment but don't reckon he'll be back for a couple of months regardless especially as he'd only just come back from an injury on the other knee.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
5 doesn't seem anywhere near enough if they think he meant it.
I guess it's about precedent and proportion. It leads you room for bigger bans for worse crimes.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I guess it's about precedent and proportion. It leads you room for bigger bans for worse crimes.
What could be much worse than intentionally stamping on someones head? If deemed intentional that's worse than spitting, racial slurs and arguably biting.

Seanus

Think he only appealed to save afce-otherwise he is openly admitting to being a thug. Surprised club statement says he apologied twice on the pitch to Zlatan-must have been quick cos only a minute or two later whan Zlatan tw*tted him-bet Mings was sh*tting himself when he realised what he had done. :)

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
:wenger: This is real, posted by ESPN and BBC.

Bournemouth are fecking idiots, they shouldn't support an incident as dangerous as what Mings did.

Fair enough, stay quiet on it, but FFS just be grateful it's not longer, and don't try and justify it.

Zlatan was at least looking at the ball, and didn't actually move toward Mings when he elbowed him, Mings clearly looked down at another human's head and then viciously stamped down with great force.

I've got a bad temper myself, and I've lost it many times (especially when younger, like Mings) but that was disgusting to see and he and Zlatan are both lucky that he didn't seriously injure him.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Mings ban confirmed
Zlatan got three for his elbow.

Mings’ stamp was deemed to be more serious he gets five.

AFC Bournemouth’s Tyrone Mings will serve a five-match suspension, following an Independent Regulatory Commission hearing today.

— The FA (@FA) March 8, 2017
16:16
Good! Serves him right. Hope Bournemouth fail miserably with their crybaby appeal.

BIGbadBOO4

I know it's been already mentioned but what bugs me about this especially the media supporting Mings is why did he not apologise straight away? If I was playing a game and accidently stamped on some head I would be apologetic immediately. Fair enough he was still going for the ball but even in a game I would have stopped.

Fridge chutney

I liked Bournemouth before the match this weekend. Now I'd be quite satisfied if they were relegated.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I still don't think he meant it and I think the FA has this one wrong. It appears to be indicating that intent or not does not matter but that sets a very bad precedent. A lot of the nastiest incidents in football are completely accidental.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I still don't think he meant it and I think the FA has this one wrong. It appears to be indicating that intent or not does not matter but that sets a very bad precedent. A lot of the nastiest incidents in football are completely accidental.
You sure, sinch? He very clearly looked at Zlatan while in the air and raked the front of his boot on his head, after which, he continued on as if nothing happened. To me, and it seems, the FA review panel, this suggests he knew exactly what he was doing and tried very hard to disguise it.

Remember, that stamps are really spur of the moment decisions.

RedCurry

:wenger: This is real, posted by ESPN and BBC reporters.

Serves that fecker right. But even though I feel Zlatan was hard done by with his 3 game ban, I am glad the club didn't stoop to this level of nonsense - no t-shirts or OTT statements. These are grown men, they don't need 'public show of support' from clubs.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
You sure, sinch? He very clearly looked at Zlatan while in the air and raked the front of his boot on his head, after which, he continued on as if nothing happened. To me, and it seems, the FA review panel, this suggests he knew exactly what he was doing and tried very hard to disguise it.

Remember, that stamps are really spur of the moment decisions.
No I am not sure, but even without being sure I don't see why it is 5 games instead of 3, all the more so as there is doubt over intent.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Should we negotiate for 3 draws instead?

jackofalltrades

He certainly didn't try to pull out of it and he had looked at Ibra before moving forward so he can't say he hadn't realised he was there. He also had alternatives, he could have put his foot further to the left or right. Can't prove it was malicious but it's clear it was done knowingly.

Full bodied red

I'd like to think that the injury will keep the arsehole out for a lot longer than five matches - fifty matches, with a bit of luck.

After all, God moves in mysterious ways....

Irrational.

Do we know what injury Mings suffered?

Regarding the ban: Ha! Feck you Tyrone! Small time retort from Bournemouth. But then again, they are a small club so as expected really.