Tyrone Mings stamp on Zlatan | He’s at it again

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
You couldn't really blame Zlatan if he smashed Mings front teeth down his throat. Cowardly cnut who shouldn't be allowed near a pitch.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
It's worse than any physical act that Suarez did for me. Has to be 10+ games. It's totally intentional.

Carragher called it disgraceful and said he deserved the smack Zlatan gave him back fwiw.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Seriously though, wasn't Zlatan on a yellow before that elbow? He's very lucky to be on the pitch still if so.

Bebe

Come on, it was clearly intentional and was retaliation for the stamp. I totally understand why he's done it, but you can't deny that he's done it.
Absolutely. Ibra only out for revenge there. Which, imo, is entirely justified

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
So the BBC finally mention the stamp in between a barrage of posts saying Zlatan should be off. What the actual feck?

AlecHDR

Angry, incoherent heterosexual slob
Should Zlatan have stayed on the ground and flopped around like a fish out of water?

Being a lion here didn't help him!

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Absolutely. Ibra only out for revenge there. Which, imo, is entirely justified
Justified, yes, but also deserved a sending off.
Zlatan should keep in mind that he is more important than any of their players. We need him to keep his cool, even if they act like idiots.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Anyone would want payback if they got stamped on but still, both should be off.

There won't be any retrospective punishment for Zlatan because it was seen. That's why he spoke to him.
Exactly. The retrospective ban only applies to incidents that the ref completely missed.

6 gamer for Mings, 0 for Ibra.

Let's go and win this game.

leontas

Absolutely disgusting. You can clearly see from the replay that he's looking down at Zlatan before he jumps in the air and then stamps on his head. Could've been much worse.

Shocking that the referee did not see that.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Should be a season long ban, that's one of the worst things I've seen in the PL.

Zlatan's elbow is by the by, you see elbows like that every other week, whether he gets banned or not the discussion must only be about Mings.
Mings should rightly be banned but Zlatan's while understandable and I'd sayings has a broken jaw(deserved).

It was not by the by. That was a cold pre-planned and in terms of execution 100 percent perfectly executed. When you consider the reaction to aguero vs West ham, this was far more planned and landed much cleaner.

Mister_Stubbs

Looks like Jose has seen the incident and has had words with Mings (who by the way towers over Jose lol)

Ainu

The more I look at that stamp the worse it gets. I've changed my mind about a 10 game ban, this deserves a 20 or 30 game ban. He stamps down on his head with force ffs. There's no precedent for a foul like this.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Mourinho having a go at Mings?

NK86

Absolutely sickening but you'd also get jail for doing what Zlatan did.
In fairness to Ibrahimović I'd probably have reacted too.
Should be 3 games for Zlatan and 10+ for mings. could have fractured his skull.
Agree with it.

Ainu

Mings should rightly be banned but Zlatan's while understandable and I'd sayings has a broken jaw(deserved).

It was not by the by. That was a cold pre-planned and in terms of execution 100 percent perfectly executed. When you consider the reaction to aguero vs West ham, this was far more planned and landed much cleaner.
"Cold pre-planned" moments after getting intentionally stamped on the head. :lol: Have a word with yourself.

Dobbs

Looks to me like he's trying to jump over Zlatan and just catches him.

As his foot comes down the guy is looking at the ball. Don't know the player but that's seems more realistic than him trying to stamp somebody's head.

Dinghy

Zlatan stamped on Mings first. Looked intentional as well.

Phil

Looks to me like he's trying to jump over Zlatan and just catches him.

As his foot comes down the guy is looking at the ball. Don't know the player but that's seems more realistic than him trying to stamp somebody's head.
I don't mean to question your sanity but it's hard.

The look down and the amount of force are obvious signs.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Jesus fecking Christ that was the vilest thing I've seen on a football pitch. Completely sympathize with Zlatan for the elbow, and would have if he'd just knocked the cnut out with a punch instead.

Ibra will get 3 games for that, and despite what happened it'll probably be the right call. The other cnut should be banned for at least 12 months though. Absolutely unforgivable act.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Don't know the player but that's seems more realistic than him trying to stamp somebody's head.
You'd think so, yes. Or hope so.

If it's intentional it's so ugly I can't think of many precedents. Sometimes these things are, let's say, semi-intentional: You make contact in a reckless manner, not caring whether the other guy gets hurt - but putting your boot to someone's head can't fall into that category. It's pretty much murderous. Fergie's old RVP outburst is actually appropriate here.

So, no - I can't believe he intended to do that.

Red1968

Its definitely an intentional stamp and because its aimed at Ibra's head, a hugely dangerous play. He could have blinded him or seriously hurt him. Ibra's elbow was payback but nowhere near as potentially severe as the stamp could have been.

Dobbs

I don't mean to question your sanity but it's hard.

The look down and the amount of force are obvious signs.
If somebody is on the floor and you have to jump over them do you not look down at where they are?

I didn't see any force either.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Nor sure he meant it. Zlatan meant the elbow though.