Tyrone Mings stamp on Zlatan | He’s at it again

Nucks

RT History Department
The stamp isn't intentional, not in a million years. Reckless, yes, intentional? He glances down to see what is in front of him, and then looks to the ball as he tries to jump over Rooney and Zlatan.

Was it stupid? Yes. Reckless? Yes. Worth of a ban? Yes. Was it intentional? Have any of you saying this actually competed in sports in your entire lives?

People saying he put extra force into it. His foot literally doesn't accelerate any faster during the entire motion. If he was doing it intentionally, his eyes wouldn't have left his target the entire time. In a slow motion replay, he glances in the direction of Rooney and Zlatan for an instant, IN SLOW MOTION. People seeing what they want to see.

rotherham_red

The stamp isn't intentional, not in a million years. Reckless, yes, intentional? He glances down to see what is in front of him, and then looks to the ball as he tries to jump over Rooney and Zlatan.

Was it stupid? Yes. Reckless? Yes. Worth of a ban? Yes. Was it intentional? Have any of you saying this actually competed in sports in your entire lives?

People saying he put extra force into it. His foot literally doesn't accelerate any faster during the entire motion. If he was doing it intentionally, his eyes wouldn't have left his target the entire time. In a slow motion replay, he glances in the direction of Rooney and Zlatan for an instant, IN SLOW MOTION. People seeing what they want to see.
WTF, he deliberately shortens his stride to get to Zlatan's head. He looks at Zlatan and then looks again as his foot is thrust down towards him. It's about as deliberate as you can get.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22

Then why the lack of reaction? If you've stood on someone's head, you tend to know you've stood on someone's head. You would instinctively look down to see why the ground feels so lumpy, not just carry on as if that squishy landing was exactly what you were expecting.

Unless you were expecting that because you meant to do it in the first place.

Last edited:

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I can't believe anyone is still arguing about this
It's Bournemouth's fault for coming out with a statement which essentially read, "oh no, not our Tyrone."

It's like when the parents of some bully just refuse to accept their kid is a little shit, even when the evidence is staring them in the face and on some level they know it themselves.

Jsquared

I was expecting more like 6-10 games. Five is still better than three, I guess the lack of previous incidents was a mitigating factor.

We don't really need to debate an analogy but being shot and being shot at are two wholly different crimes.
Incorrect. The sentencing might be different based on the judge, but they are the same crime. It's either attempted murder, or assault with a deadly weapon, in both cases. Plenty of cases and precedent about this.

Life threatening? Am I missing something here? I saw him deliberately (imo) catch Ibrahimovic but you make it sound like he was jumping up and down on his head
A heel stomp on someone's head can easily be life-threatening, especially if the stomper is airborne and using his descending weight and momentum. Learn some martial arts. Cranial fracture with concussion or hemmorage, basal skull fracture, vertebral fracture, etc. Obviously in this case it was a glancing blow so most of the force was deflected, but if the foot had connected squarely with the side of Zlatan's head, it could have been ugly.

SqueakyWeasel

Life threatening? Am I missing something here? I saw him deliberately (imo) catch Ibrahimovic but you make it sound like he was jumping up and down on his head
I see what you're saying, but by admitting that you think the contact with Zlatan's head was "deliberate" leaves the outcome open for a blade taking one of the Swede's eyes out, or an even more serious permanent head injury. Am I missing something here? If he really meant that as retaliation (feck the consequences) his own club should disown him IMHO!

Nucks

RT History Department
Yes, football, and I'm willing to bet at a much higher level than you @Nucks.

It was intentional as feck.
You must have been rubbish with virtually no situational awareness or body control.

Mings isn't even looking at Zlatan, or Rooney when he jumps. He glances down, and that is a glance in slow motion, in real time he barely even looked. He guaged he could leap over them, and tried to, while moving to continue defending. He misjudged it, and spiked Zlatan in the side of the head. Is it worthy of a ban? Yep. However, if you actually think he deliberately did it, you're delusional, adorable, and incredibly blinded by your own bias.

As to playing at a higher level. I'm sure you did. I quit soccer at age 16 to concentrate on basketball and football, where I continued on at a college level. In football, we made actual efforts to inflict as much legal damage on each other as possible, stomping on each others legs, backs, hands, arms, helmets even. So yes, I have some experience with the actual practical application of standing on someone in full motion.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Cant quite figure out whether he meant to do it or not. That said, he has done it before so it wouldnt surprise me.
It could easily have been avoided, and he didn't do enough to avoid contact.

Holocene

If it was accidental, he would've realised straight away and apologised. In the video, you can see him walking away. Definitely intentional.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Cant quite figure out whether he meant to do it or not. That said, he has done it before so it wouldnt surprise me.
He clearly knows where he's falling and makes no effort to avoid that area. Even giving him the benefit of the doubt, he possibly didn't mean to stand on his face or do that much damage, but he must have known he'd stand on him.

Sterling Archer

Bit grainy that video. But it does look like he glances down a bit. And yeah, given the history....

Glad the other player didn't get his eye trodded on. That's so so nasty.

Sterling Archer

He clearly knows where he's falling and makes no effort to avoid that area. Even giving him the benefit of the doubt, he possibly didn't mean to stand on his face or do that much damage, but he must have known he'd stand on him.
You see this kind of collision almost every game. And yet how many times does a player come off looking like this poor chap? Almost never. Fecking disgraceful this guy.

Welbeckham

Disgusting. Looking at the movement of his right foot, I think he clearly puts extra-weight there, so definitely seems intentional. Should get a huge ban, but sadly probably won’t.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Looks deliberately. He plants his left leg and then jumps straight on top of him. I think a more natural reaction would be fall sideways if he's trying to avoid contact.

Last edited:

FujiVice

Remember at the height of Anyone But Mourinho's United, when pundits were like "I think Zlatan deserved a red for that elbow." Completely ignoring Mings stamp.

Mings is a scumbag. There's no doubt this is on purpose, because he's got previous. He's a shitbag.

Skills

Snitch
Someone should make sure he never makes it on a football pitch again.