Tyrone Mings stamp on Zlatan | He’s at it again

Zoo

He’s rubbish and Southgate picking him is laughable just because he happens to be left-footed. Nowhere near international standard.

Pickle85

It's staggering how frequently he gets away with shithousery of the very highest order. It's like referees have some kind of collective blindness when it comes to him, but it's ok because he 'wears his heart on his sleeve', 'isn't afraid to put his head in' and 'let's his opposite number know he's there'.

Jack-C20

On the few occasions I’ve seen him in the league he’s looked ok at best. Looked completely out of his depth when I last watched him for England though. Must admit I only really watch opposition players when we’re playing against them but I can’t believe he was the best of the rest after Maguire and Stones.

No Love

But being nicely groomed for a media career after football. The media talk about him a lot as if he’s better than what he is.
Totally agree. One of the most overrated players I’ve seen.

Brophs

The One and Only
It's staggering how frequently he gets away with shithousery of the very highest order. It's like referees have some kind of collective blindness when it comes to him, but it's ok because he 'wears his heart on his sleeve', 'isn't afraid to put his head in' and 'let's his opposite number know he's there'.
Shithousery is Dennis Wise twisting players' pubes. This is just violence.

Godfather

Absolutely battered one of our biggest talents in a friendly... We hacked more than enough too though

Pickle85

Shithousery is Dennis Wise twisting players' pubes. This is just violence.
True. You'd love to see him come up against a Duncan Ferguson style CF. Or even a Shearer. Watch his tough guy act falter.

TrustInOle

True. You'd love to see him come up against a Duncan Ferguson style CF. Or even a Shearer. Watch his tough guy act falter.
Didnt he also give Zlatan a kick whilst he played for us or something? I just remember an incident where he came of looking sly!

diarm

Didnt he also give Zlatan a kick whilst he played for us or something? I just remember an incident where he came of looking sly!
He stamped on his head, deliberately, then tried to say it was an accident.

Then a year later he "accidentally" stamped on a Reading players face and left him in the hospital. Elbowed Pogba in the face 4 feet away from the ball while defending a corner last year too.

Pickle85

He did didn't he. Was it another head stamp? Or kick in the head. I remember Zlatan fuming about it and think he exacted a measure of revenge and getting booked.

Anustart89

Hmm, if only there was a clue somewhere in this thread with regards to this incident!

Nogbadthebad

Guaranteed red card in a tournament setting.

If there was any one player that displays southgate's shortcomings in assessing players, its mings being anywhere near an international squad.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Tarkowski and Dunk are better than him. Godfrey, White and probably Coady aren't better though. So of the ones that are there, choosing him is not ridiculous.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

This guy should be nowhere near the Euros. He’s a liability.

Brophs

The One and Only
Biggest influences on my career? Ben Thatcher, the black plague and one of those killer robots from Robot Wars.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Like when pundits/commentators like the player/team in question, they talk about the “dark arts of defending”.

It just means being a cnut.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
He's made for the "he's not that type of player" comment once (more) in his career.

Brophs

The One and Only
Like when pundits/commentators like the player/team in question, they talk about the “dark arts of defending”.

I always understood the dark arts to be shirt pulling, standing on the forward's achilles etc. Not forearm smashing someone in the face because they dared go into your no fly zone.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus

This guy should be nowhere near the Euros. He’s a liability.
Haven't read the article but if he means the screaming and rolling around element of dark arts, he's probably right. The European refs respond to that hugely.

If he means "going in 'aaaard" then that's just a red card in waiting.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri

Stamping on heads is not exactly dark arts. It's just violence. Also, he's bang average, so no glow over the "dark arts", whereas a Ramos, a Keane, can wear that as a feather in their cap.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Stamping on heads is not exactly dark arts. It's just violence. Also, he's bang average, so no glow over the "dark arts", whereas a Ramos, a Keane, can wear that as a feather in their cap.
I had thought my point had been obvious in just calling him a cnut but just to make sure…

Mings is a talentless cnut.

redshaw

He's probably talking about himself being more streetwise as he knows the european refs won't let him off so he'll have to be more sneaky with it.

I bet he's practicing the Ramos shoulder pull right now.

He's probably talking about himself being more streetwise as he knows the european refs won't let him off so he'll have to be more sneaky with it.

I bet he's practicing the Ramos shoulder pull right now.
why do we even let a player like Tyrone Mings talk to the press? I saw him on some advert the other day as one of 4 England players.Seriously, let’s stop giving credence to the idea that this dinosaur is a key player for us.