U 18s: Leeds v Man United

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Wow. They invested in either a TV boom or have some elevated platform to film the match. What luxury for MUTV.

Mickson

Where is Hansen-Aaroen?
There always seem to be at least 10 players missing for various reasons, and it's seldom the same players. Are all our players injury prone? I think it's only McNeill and Savage/Svidersky who hasn't been out for at least some weeks.

I think United has been shaky at the back. Playing some good stuff in attack but the final ball is missing.

sglowrider

There always seem to be at least 10 players missing for various reasons, and it's seldom the same players. Are all our players injury prone? I think it's only McNeill and Savage/Svidersky who hasn't been out for at least some weeks.

I think United has been shaky at the back. Playing some good stuff in attack but the final ball is missing.
They have been too open. Very ol' Skool footie where teams just attack.

Bertie Wooster

Where is Hansen-Aaroen?
I'm not sure - presumably he picked up a knock in / since the last game - but he's a big loss today.

It's been an open game so we've had plenty of opportunities to run at the Leeds defence, but the final ball / cross has often been poor and we've lacked a quality playmaker like Hansen.

Very frustrating at the moment. We keep missing out on trophies to bloody City and Liverpool at every level. Hopefully we'll put in a better 2nd half performance to keep our hopes alive.

lysglimt

Scout
McNeill is amazing. 0-1 to 3-1 in 12 minutes - 2 goals and 1 assist for McNeill

Will be easy to decide who gets the award for best player this season

lysglimt

Scout
To sum up for those not watching:

1-1 (48) O'Neill turns in the box and picks out Hoogewerf who heads it into the top corner from 6-7 yards out

1-2 (54) Savage with a long free-kick into the box. Fish heads it down and everyone is watching, apart from McNeill who darts through and hits the ball between the keepers legs from 5 yards out.

1-3 (57) McNeill gets the ball from a tight angle but hammers it into the net. Not sure who got the assist on that one.

lysglimt

Scout
Wellens has improved a lot since moving to right-back. He actually looks like a quite decent right-back

sglowrider

Hoogewerf has found his position -- attacking midfielder. I think he was getting too small for playing a no. 9 when he first got here and struggled.

Pearson

Hoogewerf has found his position -- attacking midfielder. I think he was getting too small for playing a no. 9 when he first got here and struggled.
Center forward is definitely not his position. I can see him play in wide positions or a false nine.

Fanta Stick

To sum up for those not watching:

1-1 (48) O'Neill turns in the box and picks out Hoogewerf who heads it into the top corner from 6-7 yards out

1-2 (54) Savage with a long free-kick into the box. Fish heads it down and everyone is watching, apart from McNeill who darts through and hits the ball between the keepers legs from 5 yards out.

1-3 (57) McNeill gets the ball from a tight angle but hammers it into the net. Not sure who got the assist on that one.
Hoogewerf assisted McNeill's second.

I wish this commentator would stop apologizing for the foul language. It's Leeds, what do you expect?

sglowrider

Hoogewerf assisted McNeill's second.

I wish this commentator would stop apologizing for the foul language. It's Leeds, what do you expect?
Yeap. Its fecking annoying. I would have fecking noticed if he had not brought it up. Silly cnut.

lysglimt

Scout
Leeds pull a goal back on a freekick. Awful wall from us - seems to go straight through. 8 minutes left to play....and 2-3 in a game where we should be 5 goals up

lysglimt

Scout
Yeap. Its fecking annoying. I would have fecking noticed if he had not brought it up. Silly cnut.
I am more annoyed by that guy in the studio - the one sitting with David Jones. One thing is that he has an awful voice, but he can't keep his head still one second. It's like he is thinking - should I look at Jones or stare into the camera ? So he switches every 2 seconds.

lysglimt

Scout
Ran with the ball from his own half - played the ball to Forson - got it back, and alone with the keeper he scored

lysglimt

Scout
Finished 2-4

The goalscorers our best players - the spaniards and Iqbal average

Mickson

I didn't even hear, so thanks for MUTV for enlightening me and all the other kids of the language! Speaking of commentators, what's the point of the expert?

Hoogewerf takes a shot over the bar. The commentator: "HOOOOOOOGEWEERF. Over."
The expert: "Yeah, he took a shot and he shot high over the bar"

News: We. Are. Watching. The. Game. Too.

Decent win for United. I think City has three of the four remaining games away from home, and one of them is Everton away. They just need to drop points one time...

sglowrider

I am worried about people who are epileptic when watching him
I think they went to the same presenter's school as the other gimp Stewart Gardner. He swills his head a lot too. In fact, I had not noticed the presenter and had assumed you were talking about Stewart.

sglowrider

I didn't even hear, so thanks for MUTV for enlightening me and all the other kids of the language! Speaking of commentators, what's the point of the expert?

Hoogewerf takes a shot over the bar. The commentator: "HOOOOOOOGEWEERF. Over."
The expert: "Yeah, he took a shot and he shot high over the bar"

News: We. Are. Watching. The. Game. Too.

Decent win for United. I think City has three of the four remaining games away from home, and one of them is Everton away. They just need to drop points one time...
We have been unlucky. He could have mentioned that we were playing in red.