U/23 v West Ham United

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
Team: Vitek, Jurado, Fernandez, Mengi, Hardley, Svidersky, Forson, Wellens, Hugill, Mather, Elanga

Subs: Hoogewerf, Polakowski, Norkett

Looks like only three subs taken down and Daniel Polakowski back from his loan spell with Oldham.

15 mins gone and we are 0-1 down after conceding a penalty after five minutes.

Remember the geese

Strange not to see Iqbal or Shoretire. Iqbal did take a knock against Atalanta, so I assume that's the reason. No idea about Shoretire though.

El Zoido

4-0 after 47 minutes now, hat-trick for Oko-Flex, including two penalties.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
Full Time at West Ham and Radek Vitek's debut in goal was one to forget as the score finished 0-6!

That's our biggest defeat since losing 4-7 to Newcastle United just after Munich in March 1958 and our largest margin defeat since the 0-8 reverse versus Aston Villa in November 1945.

Have to remember it's a young team and they will learn.

Last edited:

mav_9me

Unusual to lose by that much unless there was a card early. Wonder what happened.

lysglimt

Scout
Unusual to lose by that much unless there was a card early. Wonder what happened.
I haven't seen the game naturally - but when you see Fernandez, Mengi, Hardley and Jurado as the back-4 - you aren't exactly filled with confidence defensively.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
3-0 at half time but I’d say the match was a lot closer than that suggests. A penalty, a corner, and a deflected shot which Vitek tipped in off the post.

Wellens hit the post and Hugill skied on from 5 yards out. Fernandez and Elanga had some moments going forward. But we always look so open through the middle. Vitek is also a great shot stopper but dreadful with his kicking.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
3-0 at half time but I’d say the match was a lot closer than that suggests. A penalty, a corner, and a deflected shot which Vitek tipped in off the post.

Wellens hit the post and Hugill skied on from 5 yards out. Fernandez and Elanga had some moments going forward. But we always look so open through the middle. Vitek is also a great shot stopper but dreadful with his kicking.
At least they’re training to fit right in with the first team then!