U18: Man City - Man Utd 12.00

Mickson

First game of the season for our U18, away to City. A very difficult game. KO 12.00, so not on MUTV. However, City+ is showing the game if you want to pay the noisy neighbor a small fee.

Mickson

Not a great performance so far. My gut feeling says that some of these first years scholars aren't all that. City winning without breaking a sweat. Vitek good so far.

Mickson

No one really stood out for me. Garnacho had a great chance, and United huffed and puffed a little, but it was closer to 4-0 than 3-1 IMO. United looks really weak if this is the squad they are going to use.

lenny_1248

United looks really weak if this is the squad they are going to use.
As long as players are getting better, who cares...
No need to put Iqbal's and Forson's in U-18's just to be more competetive and show results.

themightyreds1983

As long as players are getting better, who cares...
No need to put Iqbal's and Forson's in U-18's just to be more competetive and show results.
you can say that about any club haha it’s like saying city could of played their top second years then it could of been 6-0

lenny_1248

you can say that about any club haha it’s like saying city could of played their top second years then it could of been 6-0
I was just talking in general.
I know nothing about City squad to be honest. Whether they were older or not.

Drainy

Not seen enough of the first years to judge, but we always have a poor game early in the season when a few step up at once.

I'm sure city have a great and well balanced team too so it will be a tough game.

khoazany

Our line-up was quite literally like trying to round peg everyone that is fit and available into a line-up (Mainoo as a 8 and Mather as a 10, Sharpe starts whilst he doesn't look ready to play at this level against a top side) and City is always a tough opponent to play so I weren't really surprised. Guess we decided to move Forson and Hansen to the 23s full-time and our failure to convince Anderson to join means that we'll have some hole to fill on midfield when Gore and Oyedele are out like yesterday.

Quite disappointed with the defence tbh even though missing Bennetts (and Kwambala) means that it can be better.

Mickson

Our line-up was quite literally like trying to round peg everyone that is fit and available into a line-up (Mainoo as a 8 and Mather as a 10, Sharpe starts whilst he doesn't look ready to play at this level against a top side) and City is always a tough opponent to play so I weren't really surprised. Guess we decided to move Forson and Hansen to the 23s full-time and our failure to convince Anderson to join means that we'll have some hole to fill on midfield when Gore and Oyedele are out like yesterday.

Quite disappointed with the defence tbh even though missing Bennetts (and Kwambala) means that it can be better.
How can Kambwala still be out? Yes, it seems like we're missing CMs at U18 level.

Beaucoup

Hansen is injured, I’m sure he will feature for the U18s this season, add Ennis, Gore, Oyedele and Bennett and we will be much stronger. The U16s should be used as backup, I thought both McAllister and Sharpe struggled yesterday.

Bertie Wooster

I didn't pay to see the game so thanks for the reports from those who did.

It looks a very young team and sounds like, once again, City were just better than us.

As others have pointed out, there's some more experienced players that could come in at some point - Forson, Hansen, Bennett, Kambwala (if he's ever fit) - and, also, the opposition won't be as strong as City most weeks so hopefully the younger players will get to show more against those.

It'll be interesting to see Jurado, Hansen and Garnacho as key players, and to see Ennis (and eventually, Kambwala) for the first time. None of the promoted group excite me so far in the glimpses I've seen, or seem to come up with much hype. But hopefully one or two will kick on and start making names for themselves.

Mickson

Hansen is injured, I’m sure he will feature for the U18s this season, add Ennis, Gore, Oyedele and Bennett and we will be much stronger. The U16s should be used as backup, I thought both McAllister and Sharpe struggled yesterday.
Yeah, I thought Murray and Mainoo would step up a little but neither has impressed me and I've watched them about 15 times now. Gore looked decent on a couple of occasions last season, and I'm excited to see Ennis too.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
I’m just curious of how everyone has seen all these players perform week in week out.

As far as I know, their only televised appearances have been a under aged players in the U/18’s…we can’t go and watch them live…there are no match reports or results…

Serious question.