U18s - Derby vs Manchester United

bdecuc

Nice. Looking forward to seeing Mejbri. Presumably Gallagher-Alisson is from the u16s?

OohAahMartial

TEAM:
1.MASTNY
2.BEJGER 5.HOCKENHULL 4.HARDLEY 3.GALLAGHER-ALLISON
6.MCGANN
8.MEJBRI 10.HELM
7.WELLENS 9.HOOGEWERF 11.SHORETIRE

Subs: 12.NEVILLE 13.MEE 14.SOTONA 15.HUGHES 16.MEJIA

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Great lineup, plenty to look forward to. Mejbri cost more money than many a PL player.

lysglimt

Scout
Horrible defending from us and Derby are 2-0 up after 15 minuters.

lysglimt

Scout
First we leave a giant alone 12-13 yards from goal to give him a free header. Then we do one worse and managed to let a low corner go through everyone for a simple tap-in at the far post.

lysglimt

Scout
Cybulski again - this could easily be the worst defending I have seen from a United-side in years....they run straight through us

mav_9me

Simple good cross on the ground from left wing in the 6 yd box, no. 3 gets to it but instead of clearing it sidefoots /passes it to their striker right in front of goal for a simple finish.

lysglimt

Scout
Great goal from Helm. Gets the ball 25 yards from goal - gets past one guy and hammers it into the bottom corner

lysglimt

Scout
The good thing about going 3-0 down in 20 minutes is that it tells a lot about the mentality of the players

lysglimt

Scout
3-1 at half-time. A very poor first 20 minutes from us where Derby scored every time they were close to our goal.

Mickson

Disjointed team, as expected. They looked a lot better at the end of the half. Don't think United have that many goals in them without Elanga but scoring two more isnät impossible. The problem is that Derby looks like scoring every time they attack. Extremely weak at set-pieces again. Looking forward to the second half!

Alemar

How is Hannibal doing? Ready for senior squad already or not?

lysglimt

Scout
Disjointed team, as expected. They looked a lot better at the end of the half. Don't think United have that many goals in them without Elanga but scoring two more isnät impossible. The problem is that Derby looks like scoring every time they attack. Extremely weak at set-pieces again. Looking forward to the second half!
In fairness we look really poor both going forward and in defense.

lysglimt

Scout
This could easily be 6-7 goals for Derby...they run straight past us….

Vissy

A few of the boys seem a bit young compared to the Derby players. They don't look like they've adapted to the pace of the U18s quite yet. I can't say I'm surprised, there are a lot of newcomers in this lineup.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Plus we're down to 10 men after Hannibal ate Shola Shoretire.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
A few of the boys seem a bit young compared to the Derby players. They don't look like they've adapted to the pace of the U18s quite yet. I can't say I'm surprised, there are a lot of newcomers in this lineup.
With so much talent moving up to the U23s, it's no surprise. Give them time

lysglimt

Scout
I don't Think we can defend worse from set-pieces even if we try :)

OohAahMartial

Why are we so terrible at set-pieces at every level? It's something we really need to address. I do wonder if its a weakness in the club philosophy itself, that it focuses too much on attack and they simply don't train to defend set-pieces.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Hannibal looked talented - very hard to get the ball off him when he was on it - but he looked very lazy, strolling around. Pogba used to look lazy at times but not even near as much as this kid did today.