U18s - Liverpool vs Manchester United

Nicklas

So Puigmal continues as a right back, seems a bit strange but I trust the staff here. It’s fun to see a swede in this talented team as well!

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Interesting to see Puigmal at right back, didn't do Steven Gerrard (or Keane I think?) any harm getting experience in that position as young players. He'll certainly have to impose himself more playing there.

khoazany

Well he's simply not gonna play ahead of anyone in that midfield 3 so better to play RB than stay on the bench isn't it

lysglimt

Scout
Interesting to see Puigmal at right back, didn't do Steven Gerrard (or Keane I think?) any harm getting experience in that position as young players. He'll certainly have to impose himself more playing there.
Keane was a bit special because he played at least half of the 92/93 season as a central defender, so he knew a bit about the defensive role when he played right back for us.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Well he's simply not gonna play ahead of anyone in that midfield 3 so better to play RB than stay on the bench isn't it
None of those 3 have done anything special so far...in fact Garner is getting beaten for fun...

lysglimt

Scout
A bit passive from us - expect more from Garner after his last season. We need a bit of Greenwood-magic in the second half

Nero

It's a joke some of the tackles that are let go at youth level. It's just downright dangerous at times.
That little shit from Everton that put Chong out for a year even went in for a second helping about 5 minutes later.

lysglimt

Scout
Liverpool-players seem frustrated now - a couple of nasty tackles here

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
That little shit from Everton that put Chong out for a year even went in for a second helping about 5 minutes later.
I don't get why shit like that is so consistently allowed, especially at youth level where one serious injury is enough to completely derail someone's career.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Exactly or even the Villa lad last night who looked like he even dislocated his shoulder putting in a ridiculously late and high challenge on RoShaun.

I don't see the logic in it. I understand not wanting to send kids off. But being lenient and keeping your cards in your pocket isn't the same as just allowing late high two footed challenges. It's dangerous and the kids are getting terrible injuries because of it. It's a big issue imo.

lysglimt

Scout
Great play -Greenwood rolling the ball into an empty net. Wonderful football

Litch

Love watching the 18's last year, and this season won't be any different.....why can't the first team play with the same freedom...

lysglimt

Scout
Worth noticing that Liverpool got a player sent off in the last 3 matches against United at U18 level. They look well on the way to make that 4 in a row.

AltiUn

Excellent pass from Garner, easy goal for Greenwood in the end.

lysglimt

Scout
Sharif second yellow and sent off. Barged into Levitt I think.

AltiUn

Worth noticing that Liverpool got a player sent off in the last 3 matches against United at U18 level. They look well on the way to make that 4 in a row.
It was coming :lol:

AltiUn

Liverpool just miss a sitter :nervous:

lysglimt

Scout
Brandon Williams sent off - no complaints about that one

AltiUn

Think Williams has been saving that all game.