U18s - Manchester City vs Manchester United

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Ten minutes to kick off and there's no hint of team news on the Official twitter account.

KM

KM

Very, very strong team.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
How come the teams have so different amounts of matches played?

TheOrgazoid

If we rate our U18s so much then how good must City's players be?
It's scary to think about.

KM

Based on this match, they're equal. We've a penalty saved and two of our players have missed gilt edged chances/ or have got blocked from six yards. 3-1 isn't a fair reflection.

In Rainbows

I feel like a good part of the 2nd part of the 1st half had us having trouble building out from the back so our attackers didn't get to do their stuff.

TheOrgazoid

Based on this match, they're equal. We've a penalty saved and two of our players have missed gilt edged chances/ or have got blocked from six yards. 3-1 isn't a fair reflection.
You have soothed me, kind sir.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Agree 100%.

JASR

Official Redcafe Union Rep for City Posters Rights
Supports
City
Afaik the city u18’s are (beginning this season) generally playing with what would traditionally be u17 or more like u16 or lower.
The U18’s are generally playing in the U23 PL2, and the traditional U23’s are generally out on loan/sold.

This was a decision taken after the past few years of the teams below u18 not getting decent games to improve them - scoring X goals every game wasn’t helping development - mentally, defensively or in overall skills.

Eg Doyle was captain of the u15’s as recently as May 2017.

I presume imo that the youth CL is treated differently.

Last edited:

TheOrgazoid

Afaik the city u18’s are (beginning this season) generally playing with what would traditionally be u17 or more like u16 or lower.
The U18’s are generally playing in the U23 PL2, and the traditional U23’s are generally out on loan/sold.

This was a decision taken after the past few years of the teams below u18 not getting decent games to improve them - scoring X goals every game wasn’t helping development - mentally, defensively or in overall skills.

Eg Doyle was captain of the u15’s as recently as May 2017.

I presume imo that the youth CL is treated differently.
So you lot just beat us 4-1 using U16/17 players? I'm back to being a bit terrified.

The only thing I can take solace in is that there is like a 1% chance that any of these young players will ever actually get to play in your first team.

Ben Foden is a nice little luxury that Pep can afford to show off with because you had already qualified to the knock-out stages in that competition.

City and Chelsea will keep on churning out these talented youngsters while the money from the owners seeps through those clubs into Developmental - but of course with all of that money available, the owners will be expecting trophies, causing managers like Pep and whoever is managing Chelsea this week to use the best players they can buy rather than the most talented players they can develop.

Ironic, isn't it.