U18s - Manchester City vs Manchester United

Drainy

I am guessing that Man City dont have their own TV station or broadcast academy matches? Fecking car sick watching it from this level.
There looks to be a camera crew at the other side.

Knowing City it will be intentional that MUTV have a crappy angle

Yagami

Good post resistant
Helm's our one in the number 10 shirt, right?

Litch

City technically are really good but given the blueprint, no surprise there

Drainy

What do people think is Shoretire's best position long term?

His transition to u18s is reminding me a bit of Rashford's first year. Great feet and attitude, as well as glimpses of quality passing but not really influencing games and showing other attributes as mush as other hyped players have done previously (though obviously Shoretire is still only 15)

In Rainbows

His transition to u18s is reminding me a bit of Rashford's first year. Great feet and attitude, as well as glimpses of quality passing but not really influencing games and showing other attributes as mush as other hyped players have done previously (though obviously Shoretire is still only 15)
Shoretire is incredibly young. Only 15 right now.

Yagami

Good post resistant
We've been all over them this half. Deservedly 2-0 up!

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
How's James Mcatee been for City?

I remember Ducker hyping him a lot when City signed three years ago from us.

Yagami

Good post resistant
There's no escaping our terrible throw-ins regardless of the level :lol:

Nice finish from the City kid anyway

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Full-time: United win 2-1 and inflict City's first defeat of the season. City had won 9 of their last 10 games with only Blackburn avoiding defeat against them this season.

bdecuc

Good result. Really positive and brave in the second half. Devine done well again. We've some good players in that team.

Drainy

Then why are you concerned over this? He's 15. It's not like a lot of our former star prospects dominated the u18s at age 15.
I'm not. I was asking what people think will be his best position as he is not fully showing what he is as a player at this level yet.
I was simply adding that his transition to u18s reminds me of Rashford who at 15 was being moved around a lot and not really influencing games.

That said he was great today with his feet, passing and defensive work. He seems a little wasted out wide from what I've seen of him so far this season, but understandable given his age/experience and Mejbri being by far the best player in the team that he is being bedded in out wide.

Classical Mechanic

How's James Mcatee been for City?

I remember Ducker hyping him a lot when City signed three years ago from us.
6 goals and 5 assists in 8 games for their 18s this season. Don’t recall him getting a call up for England though, unlike his teammate Cole Palmer.

lysglimt

Scout
Anyone know anything about Fulhams U18-team ?

In the South division they have 8 wins 2 draw and + 24 gd - insane really when they are up against Chelsea, Leicester, Tottenham, Arsenal, Southampton, Villa, Brighton and West Ham to name some.

They have a player signed in the summer from Exeter named Jay Stansfield who probably has the best goalscoring stats I have ever seen at this level.

Arsenal 2-2 (1 goal)
Norwich 5-3 (4 goals inc 1 pen)
Swansea 5-1 (3 goals inc 1 pen)
West Ham 5-1 (4 goals)
Villa 3-0 (1 goal)
Spurs 4-0 (1 goal)
Norwich 3-3 (1 goal)
Reading 2-0 (1 goal)
Leicester 2-1 (2 goals)

And there was a win against Southampton by 5-1 where he didn't score.

So 10 games - 18 goals. I have never seen him play - but surely we have to try to sign that guy :) That is just insane!

Oh and I just found out that he is 16 years old - turns 17 in 2 weeks

jb8521

I think he'll probably be at him best playing off a main striker but we don't really have that position in the team this season since we've mainly played with a 6 & 2 8's