U18s - Manchester United vs Blackburn

Hansa

For those of you who watch the youngsters regularly, and have done so for years: Will we ever get another Norman Whiteside, making their debut at 16 and being pretty much regulars at 17-18? Was he a genetic freak, or has football become too complex, too physical, too "elite" for youngsters to make their mark in the first team?

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
He's the same age as Johnny Evans, do you know if Kieran ever traveled over for trials at United as a youngster, or attended one of Bob Bishop's training camps ??
Not that i remember. Think Bob Bishop would have focussed more in around Belfast which would have helped Evans. Where McKenna is from is the other end of the country. I only recall the spurs interest but that’s a long time ago so might be wrong

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Not that i remember. Think Bob Bishop would have focussed more in around Belfast which would have helped Evans. Where McKenna is from is the other end of the country. I only recall the spurs interest but that’s a long time ago so might be wrong
Remember reading somewhere years ago that Bob Bishop ran the Summer Schools for United in and around Belfast but think they branched out over the years and had various centres across Ireland(maybe even into the South) offering after School training for the best prospects, with the best recommended for the Summer camp, i'm sure Eddie Coulter(another United scout) was involved in some capacity along the way, maybe Johnny's and Corry's Dad as well.

It wasn't unusually for 2, 3 or even 4 lads to be sent over for trials to Old Trafford together, just thought it Kieran was rated so highly, and i'd heard he was he may have been invited over - mind you you'd think he'd have mentioned it by now if he had

deafepl

Remember reading somewhere years ago that Bob Bishop ran the Summer Schools for United in and around Belfast but think they branched out over the years and had various centres across Ireland(maybe even into the South) offering after School training for the best prospects, with the best recommended for the Summer camp, i'm sure Eddie Coulter(another United scout) was involved in some capacity along the way, maybe Johnny's and Corry's Dad as well.

It wasn't unusually for 2, 3 or even 4 lads to be sent over for trials to Old Trafford together, just thought it Kieran was rated so highly, and i'd heard he was he may have been invited over - mind you you'd think he'd have mentioned it by now if he had
I'm sure he would have signed for United if he's invited for trial cos that he's a United fans?

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Should we appoint this McKenna guy as our first team coach?:D Can't do any worse than what we're being subjected to at the moment.

mattunited1978

doommonger
Such a pity we crashed out of the youth cup early. Will many of this side still be U-18 next season?
Think most of the regulars are still available for the next season, gomes and chong have already moved to the 23's for the most part, from the others who'l be too old for the 18's next season theres only o'conner who will be a big miss imo.

Not taking into account any signings that we might make, next seasons 18's strongest lineup could look somthing like:

Gk. Thompson (16's)

Fb. Laird
Cb. Bernard
Cb. Mengi (16's)
Fb. Williams

Cm. Garner
Cm. Puigmal
Cm. Traore

Wg. Ramazani
St. Greenwood
Wg. Elanga (16's)

Add to that, Levitt,Galbraith,Mellor who will all still be eligible, other talented 16's moving up, aswel as some new signings we'l most likely make, it looks another very strong group.