U18s - Manchester United vs Blackburn

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I've been looking forward to seeing Emeran and thus far I've been impressed with what I've seen. Hardley also looks good but I'd like to see him tested abit more which I'm sure we'll see soon enough.

Hansen has been quiet but his touches on the ball have been good so I'm looking forward to seeing more from him.

Joe Hugill took his goal well and looks a interesting prospect too.
Indeed. Seems Emeran has gone out to the right second half with Hansen on the left so hopefully it involves them even more.

lysglimt

Scout
I like Hugill - a kind of striker we rarely see at our first-team level. A bit Jamie Vardy-like, in that creates a lot of chances due to his energy and closing down defenders

lysglimt

Scout
It's one of those games where we could have been 5-0 up if we hadn't been so sloppy in the final pass

Ekeke

Hugs for all! He's another two footed player right? Watching his highlights he seemed to favour his left foot but he's scoring crackers with his right too?

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Wouldn't complain if we manage to get yet another forward through to the first team! Great finishes there.

SteveW

Hugill looks clumsy but he's actually been great. Worked his arse off, provide a great target, ran the channels non stop and scored two fantastic goals.

Hoogewerf someone I never rated as a striker has come on in midfield and is running things. Did not see that coming.

Utdstar01

Whoever does the scouting for our Goalkeepers does a brilliant job.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I think Vitek has huge potential. A huge presence too which is what I like.

lysglimt

Scout
Hoogewerf ball-looking at the goal - but then makes up for it by winning an important header 1 minute later

Utdstar01

I think Vitek has huge potential. A huge presence too which is what I like.
Oblak-like presence! Looks adept with the ball at his feet too. We have some ridiculous talent within our goalkeeper ranks at the moment.

Red_toad

Whoever does the scouting for our Goalkeepers does a brilliant job.
Yeah Kovar looks to be the pick of them, I’d say he’s the best United youth keeper I’ve ever seen. Incredible potential, hopefully gets a loan and a chance to shine.

ariel

Not bad the game.

Maybe it was the camera angle, but at times it looked that there were good shooting opportunities and for some reason the players went for an extra pass.

Was impressed by Savage and Wellens. Pye also looks a promising prospect

Mark Pawelek

Hugs for all! He's another two footed player right? Watching his highlights he seemed to favour his left foot but he's scoring crackers with his right too?
Left-footer? Hugill mostly scores with his right. He has me fooled. I'd guess he was right footed on the evidence.

lenny_1248

Hardley and Svidersky are the standouts for me.
Superb finishes from Hugill. Nice cameo from Hoogewerf.

Bigsid

Vitek looks huge. What's height difference between him and Kovar?

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Impressed with Charlie Savage today, he's got three things his Dad a game trier never had, a decent haircut, a left-foot, and ability.

Vitek 7.5
Hughes 6
Bennett 7
Hardley 7.5
Pye 6
Svidersky 7
Hansen-Aaroen 6.5
Savage 8
Wellens 7.5
Hugill 9
Emeran 7.5

Hoogewerf 7
Forson 6.5
Mejia 7

Guadagno and Fernandez.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Oblak-like presence! Looks adept with the ball at his feet too. We have some ridiculous talent within our goalkeeper ranks at the moment.
I think he could be the best keeper from the bunch potentially. Seems to have all the tools to become a complete goalkeeper.

jb8521

Was very impressed with Svidersky today, his fitness levels looked very good & he brought a bit of steel & authority to the midfield which I thought we could lack in the u18s this season. Great to see him making up for time he lost with the injury & being trusted with the captain's armband which doesn't happen very often with foreign players in our underage setup

Sea-Cow

Hoping for better luck on injuries with some of these lads. Hope they can stay fit and get loads of minutes under their belt

lysglimt

Scout
Impressed with Charlie Savage today, he's got three things his Dad a game trier never had, a decent haircut, a left-foot, and ability.

Vitek 7.5
Hughes 6
Bennett 7
Hardley 7.5
Pye 6
Svidersky 7
Hansen-Aaroen 6.5
Savage 8
Wellens 7.5
Hugill 9
Emeran 7.5

Hoogewerf 7
Forson 6.5
Mejia 7

Guadagno and Fernandez.
I think the ratings were generally a bit high - we weren't that impressive. But in terms of our best and weakest players - I would say you got it close to spot-on

Hugill was in a league of his own, Hardley by far the best defender. Hardley a few times positioned himself incorrectly but corrected his own mistake every time. He is deceivingly quick