U18s - Manchester United vs Derby

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
9 goals and this is the game my MUTV decides to act up.

POF

Ok. Now I know why O’Connor plays so much at centre back. The defence was shambolic when he and Garner went off.

Stojan Stamenic

Really shame that Greenwood doesn't play on the right, in his favorite and best position. He is beast from the right wing. But probably playing as a striker now is good for his physical development...

Prodigal7

Really shame that Greenwood doesn't play on the right, in his favorite and best position. He is beast from the right wing. But probably playing as a striker now is good for his physical development...
I think he's so two footed though that he can beat players on either side. Put him in a central position to drive forward and he's much more dangerous for it.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Does anybody know how the 16s got on ? Noticed United celebrating two goals in the first half, and Derby getting a penalty in the 2nd.

It was hard to tell but the United side looked bigger than they have over previous seasons, or maybe the Derby side were just small

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
That last finish by Burkart :drool:

khoazany

Does anybody know how the 16s got on ? Noticed United celebrating two goals in the first half, and Derby getting a penalty in the 2nd.

It was hard to tell but the United side looked bigger than they have over previous seasons, or maybe the Derby side were just small
Maybe because you only saw mainly the defence and both Mengi and Hockerhull are big lads.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Who are the promising players from this age group, as in very promising player like Gomes.

Looked very good going forward, #9 looked very good.

Classical Mechanic

He was the number 9 yesterday, plays as a 10 and a wide forward as well. Best player for England U17s this season so far too. Laird and Garner are also fixtures in the England squad. Nice to have 3 players in there for a change after some years of not having many academy players featuring.

roonster09

Scout
He was the number 9 yesterday, plays as a 10 and a wide forward as well. Best player for England U17s this season so far too. Laird and Garner are also fixtures in the England squad. Nice to have 3 players in there for a change after some years of not having many academy players featuring.
Good to hear that, always very surprising how rarely ManUtd players are involved in England under age like you said.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Maybe because you only saw mainly the defence and both Mengi and Hockerhull are big lads.
Quite possibly, I love watching the 18s but always find myself desperately trying to follow whats going on on the adjacent pitch when the MUTV cameras allow it.

I'd noticed Ben is very tall playing at various youth tournaments, do you know if he's playing CH, or left-back for the 16s ?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Who are the promising players from this age group, as in very promising player like Gomes.

Looked very good going forward, #9 looked very good.
Greenwood looks class, and we have bought some from abroad who we are still assessing like Puigmal and Traore, so they could also be stars. Aidan Barlow has a lot of talent too, although I’m not sure if we’re talking potential world class yet.

roonster09

Scout
Greenwood looks class, and we have bought some from abroad who we are still assessing like Puigmal and Traore, so they could also be stars. Aidan Barlow has a lot of talent too, although I’m not sure if we’re talking potential world class yet.
Thanks. Interesting that few have said about Greenwood. Hopefully will be able to catch few games.

Prodigal7

Greenwood has been a top prospect for a long time. He won player of the tournament as an u12 in a competition (MIC u12s) that included teams like Barca and Real.

khoazany

Greenwood has been a top prospect for a long time. He won player of the tournament as an u12 in a competition (MIC u12s) that included teams like Barca and Real.
Yeah topscorer ahead of Pablo Moreno who's very highly rated at Barca.

NickyT

Puigmal looked really good. Greenwood continuing to develop nicely. Ramazani looks about 12 :lol:
Ricky Sbragia applauding the 5th goal, had an eagle eye on Greenwood in the celebrations, U23 chance on the cards soon hopefully ;)

spenzo

Ricky Sbragia applauding the 5th goal, had an eagle eye on Greenwood in the celebrations, U23 chance on the cards soon hopefully ;)
That wasn't Sbragia. Not sure who it is exactly but looks like an U16 coach.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
That wasn't Sbragia. Not sure who it is exactly but looks like an U16 coach.
I'm not sure about the specific incident he is referencing as I haven't looked but wasn't Sbragia on the bench? I was sure it was him when I was watching the game. And weren't the u16s on the opposite pitch so wouldn't there coaches be over there?