U18s - Manchester United vs Everton

Nero

Hope this Greenwood #9 experiment isn't permanent.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Seems we have near enough two whole teams for the U18s now.

Looking forward to seeing Traore play again at some point though, he really caught my eye on his debut.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Greenwood puts United ahead with a header from a Barlow cross...

Utdstar01

Seems we have near enough two whole teams for the U18s now.

Looking forward to seeing Traore play again at some point though, he really caught my eye on his debut.
I think he will be playing for u23s before long. He's there physically, and we have plenty of CMs at u18 level.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Half time 3-1 to United in a very dominant display. Puigmal and Williams have done well...

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He is doing what you want a fullback to do attacking wise. They are having problems with Barlow.
For a fullback he's shown qualities that could fool many into thinking he's a winger the way he beats a player one on one...

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
For a fullback he's shown qualities that could fool many into thinking he's a winger the way he beats a player one on one...
Not frightened of having a shot on goal either. Great save from the Barlow shot, the wind definitely caught that.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Nice that Carrick has been helping Garner. Think Michael will make a good coach, think he will get his point across and he has a calmness about him.

Classical Mechanic

Pugimal looking every inch the talented ball playing Spanish midfielder in that half.

Is Greenwood be groomed for the number 9 role or is he just be given some experience there?

deafepl

Pugimal looking every inch the talented ball playing Spanish midfielder in that half.

Is Greenwood be groomed for the number 9 role or is he just be given some experience there?
Number 9 role? it's just kit number and he's midfielders. Burkart is a striker.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I think he will be playing for u23s before long. He's there physically, and we have plenty of CMs at u18 level.
He needs some games for the 18s first. I think he’s been serving a suspension of late, but he’s hardly played at 23 level. Garner and Levitt seem to start most games in midfield too.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Full-time 4-1, job very well done against a Everton team that's been on our coat-tails...

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He needs some games for the 18s first. I think he’s been serving a suspension of late, but he’s hardly played at 23 level. Garner and Levitt seem to start most games in midfield too.
He served his suspension and returned afew weeks back and looked very good before he had to leave the field with a injury.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Keep on saying that James Garner is a very, very interesting prospect.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Sounds like we have a very exciting crop of youngsters coming through.
This isn’t uncommon. I think our U18s have been our best team to watch for years, since Pogba was there. It’s the next step we have struggled with. The U23s have been shit for a long time, and much of the talent seems to get lost in that age group.

I personally believe the best route to the first team is direct from the 18s. Maybe the odd appearance in the 23s, but not seasons there.

Utdstar01

That's the problem though, we have a lot of numbers in the U18s, some of which are already better than what we have at u23s. so I think for the sake of everyone getting the playing time it'd be worth promoting a couple more like we have with Chong/Gomes.

deafepl

This isn’t uncommon. I think our U18s have been our best team to watch for years, since Pogba was there. It’s the next step we have struggled with. The U23s have been shit for a long time, and much of the talent seems to get lost in that age group.

I personally believe the best route to the first team is direct from the 18s. Maybe the odd appearance in the 23s, but not seasons there.
United Youth has been repressed for many years until 2016 when Ed Woodward instigated a huge overhaul of the club’s scouting operation that was set up by Sir Alex Ferguson in the 90s and 50 staff new recruits have been brought. Now it is paid off, United the U18 is a lot stronger, much improved. Hopefully, the U23s would be improved with many kids from the U18s to play in the U23s but they are not ready for it and Kieran McKenna doesn't want to rush them to the U23s, they'll be ready in few years.

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
Brandon Williams looks a very interesting prospect..
Comfortably MOTM IMO. He's my favourite prospect at U18 level. I also felt he was the best player on the pitch by a country mile in the SuperCupNI final

Robbo*

Is there some sort of national final after the northern stage?