U18s - Manchester United vs Everton

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
This isn’t uncommon. I think our U18s have been our best team to watch for years, since Pogba was there. It’s the next step we have struggled with. The U23s have been shit for a long time, and much of the talent seems to get lost in that age group.

I personally believe the best route to the first team is direct from the 18s. Maybe the odd appearance in the 23s, but not seasons there.
Not really, this is the best team since the Pogba years. The past three four years were quite shit.

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
Sounds like we have a very exciting crop of youngsters coming through.
A good bunch from this age group and more to come like Shoretire, Teden Mengi and Elanga who all showed glimpses of what they're capable of at the U15 Super Cup

khoazany

We did well last year didn't we? Played some great stuff at times and made the mini league for the best teams at the end of the season IIRC.
We literally only have O'Connor, Tanner and Barlow left from the U18s regulars last year. The rest has moved to U23s and yet people keep looking for nonsense like "poor squad" etc.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
We literally only have O'Connor, Tanner and Barlow left from the U18s regulars last year. The rest has moved to U23s and yet people keep looking for nonsense like "poor squad" etc.
The players that moved up are not the problem. It’s those who have been there for longer and will never make it here.

To be fair, McTominay was one of that lot not too long ago.

jb8521

Number 9 role? it's just kit number and he's midfielders. Burkart is a striker.
No Greenwood played as the number 9 as he has in his past couple of games with Burkart on the right wing

POF

Very impressive performance, especially considering Everton are 2nd. They completely controlled the game and 4-1 flattered Everton in the end.

The midfield 3 have great balance and Greenwood leading the line works really well when you have goal scoring threat and pace out wide with Burkart and Ramazani. Greenwood looks a class act in full flight.

The defence still looks shaky. O'Connor and Garner prevent it from being completely shambolic.

Although O'Connor at centre back is good for the team I still think it is very damaging for his career. Modern full backs need a potent attacking game like Williams showed yesterday. O'Connor clearly has that in his locker but is not getting an opportunity to develop it. Even when he was promoted to the u23s he was at centre back. It's bizarre.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I like the swagger of how this U18 team plays. Plays like a well-coached team. You can be aggressive going forward and yet keep a majority of possession.

deafepl

I like the swagger of how this U18 team plays. Plays like a well-coached team. You can be aggressive going forward and yet keep a majority of possession.
This reminds me of how United play under Fergie in the 90s and the 2000s. Kieran McKenna is United fans and he plays very attractive football and scored more than rest of the club in the north league.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
This reminds me of how United play under Fergie in the 90s and the 2000s. Kieran McKenna is United fans and he plays very attractive football and scored more than rest of the club in the north league.
Exactly. The most eye-pleasing team within the club.

And McKenna does it despite having to chop & change the team constantly.

deafepl

Exactly. The most eye-pleasing team within the club.

And McKenna does it despite having to chop & change the team constantly.
Yeah, that's impressive.

If Real Madrid can do it with Zidane, Barca does it with Pep Guardiola. Why not Mckenna? I reckon that Mckenna fell in love with United the way as much as most of our fanbase does, at least he can get us playing attractive football and give a debut to youth academy players. It is important to keep United tradition.

Of course, that's not going to happen but as soon as we get stability, I'd love to see Mckenna proving himself a success in the championship or any league before he can manage our club. Mckenna could be the next SAF cos of him supporting the club who knows? I'll have to wait for next decade to see what happen.