U18s - Manchester United vs West Brom

Bola

Not familiar with a lot of those lads, any standout players?

Mickson

Not familiar with a lot of those lads, any standout players?
I like Odubeko, as well as Bejger who I think have been great every time he has played. I also like Reece Devine at left back. Obviously, Shoretire is the one we all want to see.

Drainy: Shoretire is 15 yes, born in February 2004.

Russell_eire

Nice to see Hughes make the bench, I liked what I saw of him from the various tournament highlights last summer, seems he has a wand of a right foot.

Bola

I like Odubeko, as well as Bejger who I think have been great every time he has played. I also like Reece Devine at left back. Obviously, Shoretire is the one we all want to see.

Drainy: Shoretire is 15 yes, born in February 2004.
Thanks. Nice to keep track of the next batch/ gen of academy prospects, now that the likes of Gomes and Garner are starting their breakthrough

lysglimt

Scout
1-0 by McGhee just Before the break (44 min). Superb chip from Galbraith and McGhee puts it past the keeper

lysglimt

Scout
Lukas Bejger does a "Henning Berg" and saves on the line in injury time

lysglimt

Scout
1-0 at half time. 2 big chances in the entire half….we scored, WBA didn't.

Galbraith our best player. Bejger has also looked solid

lysglimt

Scout
Cairney with a great save to deny Gilbert. Got his fingertips on a curled effort from just outside the box

lysglimt

Scout
Great chances for both sides - Odubeko with poor ballcontrol when United almost are through on goal, and then WBA counter and come three against Mengi and Bejger but the shot goes just wide.

lysglimt

Scout
Goal WBA - Gilbert gets the ball at the far post, Neville can't stop him and he scores.

lysglimt

Scout
WBA by far the better side in the second half. But United looking better after the subs

lysglimt

Scout
Bizarre Owngoal….Mengis shot is going wide but Zach Brown turns it into his own goal. A freekick from McGhee reached Mengi at the far post and his shot was going nowhere near goal when Brown scored the owngoal

lysglimt

Scout
10 minutes left to go - Mengi down with an injury. Had a very good game, and him and Bejger looks like a good partnership. Mengi hobbles off the pitch - Hockenhull takes his place

lysglimt

Scout
2-2 Gilbert equalizes with 4 minutes to play. United can't clear a freekick and he is left unmarked

lysglimt

Scout
Shoretire look a bit too agressive...almost gives WBA a penalty, and then jumps into a stupid challenge 25 yards from goal. Gets a yellow card and gives WBA a Dangerous freekick, but for once Gilbert does really poorly and completely miskicks the freekick

khoazany

Not a dull game but also not a very interesting game. Helm and Stanley still concern me, will need to do a lot more than that if they are going to be starter next season. Harvey Neville doesn't show much. If that's his level he'll be benched by Hughes next season. Bejger did well, looks ready to take a big role next season as we might look to move Mengi up. Galbraith also did quite well especially the assist but almost cost us a goal. Not sure what to think of McCann, always have a feeling that he didn't do enough.