U18s PL Cup - Liverpool vs Manchester United

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Brandon Williams is class.

AltiUn

Liverpool score from the rebound of the penalty after a tremendous stop by Thompson. Think that was a bit of a gift for Liverpool who've struggled to make any clear cut chances. Bernard is really unconvincing, I stand by my view on him from the start of the season, he's not good enough.

Bloody hell, Garner nearly takes the defender's head off with the overhead kick :lol:

AltiUn

2-0 to Liverpool, I think that might be game, we've looked out of sorts. We're taking our time to get back up to speed after the winter break, that's for sure.

AltiUn

Maybe going out of the Youth Cup has knocked them back a bit.
Yeah Brighton really took them by surprise, I don't think they expected that sort of style of football at youth level.

Wow, excellent free kick, Liverpool go down to 10 men. Maybe I should stop being so pessimistic :nervous:

AltiUn

2-2, Mengi with the header, from a Greenwood cross. Their CB could've done better tbh, who also might be the tallest u18 I've ever seen.

AltiUn

Levitt is a mint passer, this game could still very easily go either way. Our defence is always good for a dodgy pass/mistimed interception.

AltiUn

Greenwood's going through the gears now. The Liverpool striker's defensive contribution has been outstanding.

AltiUn

That was even better than the first, Greenwood with his second free kick of the game, 3-2 United!

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Greenwood scored 2 free kicks with his right and hes stronger with his left :nervous:

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Considering he takes penalties and freekicks with his right, it must be his strongest foot?!
I'm not sure - I've heard people say his left is strongest in play.

Either way what a talent it is to be so strong with both feet.

Gerald G

I'm not sure - I've heard people say his left is strongest in play.

Either way what a talent it is to be so strong with both feet.
He takes a lot of set-pieces with his right foot. He's predominantly left-footed (dribbles and shoots mostly with his left) but is clearly good with both feet.

AltiUn

Great win and good spirit to come back from 2 goals down. Hope Mellor's okay, head injuries are always very iffy.