U18s PL Cup - Manchester United vs Chelsea

RedMachine03

Poster of Articles
At Aon Training Complex
Kick off at 11am (Saturday)
Live on MUTV

Last edited:

deafepl

If we manage to pull off by beating Chelsea who has won 5 youth FA in a row, we are going to win the youth FA, simply better than everyone.

fitzmertz

It is the first time I have seen Garner play in central defence. He looks very good there as well.

Muhammad Fauzi

Nice counter attacking goal from United. Easy 3-0. This really feels like the true United side. Shame our first team are not playing this way.

Last edited by a moderator:

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Damn had to go to post office so missed first half. Who's scored? Damn how are we winning 3-0, get in. Wish one of these games was down in London so I could go.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Damn had to go to post office so missed first half. Who's scored? Damn how are we winning 3-0, get in. Wish one of these games was down in London so I could go.
Mellor, Bernard and Brandon williams. Maybe wrong with spellings here.

Ashish Negi

Brilliant performance by the lads. This u18 squad is like sun light comparing to the current dark days of United.

Greenwood is to good for this level. Traore seems like Pogba type midfielder.

In Rainbows

Brandon Williams and Garner are both promising. Greenwood will be given some minutes with the first team around the end of the season.
I'm not really all that impressed with Williams, but today he's been brilliant.

limerickcitykid

Williams is good pretty much every game and is really good going forward. He's a great youth player but isn't on the level of the likes of O'Connor and Laird who should get chamces in the first team at some point.

In Rainbows

Williams is good pretty much every game and is really good going forward. He's a great youth player but isn't on the level of the likes of O'Connor and Laird who should get chamces in the first team at some point.
Pretty much how I feel.

Probably Greenwood's worst performance of the season (by his standards) and he still had a lot of quality moments which is great. One moment he dribbled past like 4 players for example and he also had the assist. In general I felt it wasn't the cleanest of wins, but it was comfortable from United. Great team effort and performance. Felt like the team's defensive effort led them to victory this time. Lot of effective pressing to win the ball back.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Very impressed. First 2 goals were pretty poor but still needed taking, but regardless they were all over Chelsea from start to finish. Particularly impressed with Garner filling in at CB, has he played there before? Mellor was also excellent up front, very composed, and Greenwood has a terrific work ethic to go with his natural ability. Great counter attacks from Garner up to the pair of them. I also really like the way McCann uses his body, he bullies much larger players and has good technique too. The whole team has an impressive commitment to playing out from the back and mostly did it well, and Brandon Williams is a very clever player whose goal was well taken.

khoazany

Very impressed. First 2 goals were pretty poor but still needed taking, but regardless they were all over Chelsea from start to finish. Particularly impressed with Garner filling in at CB, has he played there before? Mellor was also excellent up front, very composed, and Greenwood has a terrific work ethic to go with his natural ability. Great counter attacks from Garner up to the pair of them. I also really like the way McCann uses his body, he bullies much larger players and has good technique too. The whole team has an impressive commitment to playing out from the back and mostly did it well, and Brandon Williams is a very clever player whose goal was well taken.
Garner and Williams were the CB pairing when they were U14s.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Garner and Williams were the CB pairing when they were U14s.
I think he looked even better there than in midfield tbh so was sure he must have spent some time in the position. Makes sense now.

deafepl

I think he looked even better there than in midfield tbh so was sure he must have spent some time in the position. Makes sense now.
I think Garner is more of sweeper player with impressive passing abilities, he play as CB when wingback pushes higher and overlapping allowing United to play at 3 back.

Classical Mechanic

Chelsea are able to drop a lot of very good players in to their FA Cup side I think. Hudson Odoi, Lamptey, Anjorin, Mceachran, Gilmour, Geuhi, Redan, Castillo and Gallagher!

limerickcitykid

Chelsea are able to drop a lot of very good players in to their FA Cup side I think. Hudson Odoi, Lamptey, Anjorin, Mceachran, Gilmour, Geuhi, Redan, Castillo and Gallagher!
McEachran, Guehi, Castillo and Gallagher are all too old but yea quite a few good players to drop in. Gilmour always impresses me and I'm surprised CHO is still u18, he's been around ages and thought he was same group as Angel.

Classical Mechanic

McEachran, Guehi, Castillo and Gallagher are all too old but yea quite a few good players to drop in. Gilmour always impresses me and I'm surprised CHO is still u18, he's been around ages and thought he was same group as Angel.
Thought you have to be 15-18 at the end of August in the current season so that would be players that were 18 on August 31st just gone?

limerickcitykid

Thought you have to be 15-18 at the end of August in the current season so that would be players that were 18 on August 31st just gone?
Fairly sure it is the same as the league. You can't be 18 before midnight on August 31st, so September 1st. Therefore, McEachran and Angel Gomes miss out by 2 days and 1 day respectively.