U18's: Sunderland (A) Tuesday 1pm

Bertie Wooster

The U18's play tomorrow (Tuesday 27th) away to Sunderland at 1pm.

I'm posting the thread early for people to see in time, while it's an unusual day and kick off time for the academy.

lenny_1248

I will ask for the 100th time - does anyone know when Willy Kambwala comes back?
It's been 6 months now...

Fanta Stick

I will ask for the 100th time - does anyone know when Willy Kambwala comes back?
It's been 6 months now...
Willy came up in the commentary during the last u18 game. :nono:

Mentioned that he injured his ankle during the behind closed doors game against Salford and is making a push to play before the end of the season, but with so few games left it's very doubtful.

Sorry for the double entendre. I'm very childish you see.

lysglimt

Scout
Line up:

Mee - Fernandes, Fish, Bennett, Wellens -Svidersky, Savage, Hansen Aarøen - Forson, McNeill, Hoogewerd

Garnacho, Guadagno, Iqbal, Jackson Subs

lysglimt

Scout
0-1 McNeill (14) - hammers the ball into the roof of the net from short range after Hoogewerfs low cross falls to him. Excellent play from Hansen Aarøen prior to the goal. He ran half the pitch with the ball before setting up Hoogewerf

lysglimt

Scout
Really poor game this - both teams have looked awful. We have been slightly less awful

lysglimt

Scout
Only 25 minutes left - thank GOD!

Iqbal on for Forson

mancsarered

Sunderland equalizes with 20 minutes to play.

Headed goal off a corner

lysglimt

Scout
1-1 header from a corner.

Baggs bags himself a goal there

lysglimt

Scout
1-2 Fernandes - after a lot of bounces following a corner. Slightly better from United after Sunderland scored and we are back in front

lysglimt

Scout
1-3 Hoogewerf header from close range after a brilliant cross from Fernandes. United finally playing football

lysglimt

Scout
McNeill, Garnacho and Hoogewerf all missing great chances now...:Sunderland have given up and we have stepped up a bit

lysglimt

Scout
1-4 Hansen Aarøen ..dribbles past a few players and hammers the ball home. 5-6 players celebrating the goal - McNeill walks towards the halfway-line looking more irritated than the opponents. Think he is still mad at a miss he had 2 minutes earlier

Full time.

Bertie Wooster

Good result in the end.

Poor performance from us really until Sunderland's equaliser, then we stepped it up a notch and, after our quick 2nd and 3rd Sunderland seemed to lose heart and we could have ended up with more.

Hansen showed his quality and Fernandez attacked well from full back. Hoogewerf and McNeill threatened at times as well.

NYAS

Despite what everyone says, most of us are actually not arrogant. Nor do we assume that the next 10 titles are guaranteed. Humility in victory is a thing, and football is very cyclic. Once we run out of coaches (we tend to burn through them at 2-3 years per coach on average), we'll drop down again. And a big part of the dominance is a lack of opposition. So RBL loses a defender, what's the big deal? We lost Thiago and Coutinho and somehow we managed to deal with that. If a football club can't handle losing players, what are they even doing?

What ticks Bayern fans off is people like you trying to rile them up with these arguments. Also, it's pretty disrespectful to the hard work of the other clubs in the BL and at Bayern, you know a club that doesn't get owned by American billionaires and has millions from an outrageously lucrative TV deal blown up their arse on the back of fans that can't afford to watch the games anymore. Mock all you want, I still prefer our system.
Check out JB's twitter (@jb8521) thats where I get all of my United youth vids and info.
Ah yeah completely forgot about that, thanks.

Thanks mate.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
what on earth was that about?

It was like if we'd conceded a last minute equaliser :lol:
I think McNeil had a bit of a Ronaldo-esque selfish ego about him and likely wanted the pass to get another goal. Could be wrong of course.

Great player though, and his obvious hunger for goals is why I think he’ll have a very good PL career.

Loopy

what on earth was that about?

It was like if we'd conceded a last minute equaliser :lol:
I noticed that about him in another game, seemed gutted another player scored, do they get goal bonus?
Something about it seemed odd!