u18s v Stoke

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Live on MUTV, United 1-0 up within 2 minutes, Garnacho the scorer.

AltiUn

2-0, Hansen with a very well worked goal.

AJ VII

2-0 by Hansen.

Think we have played really well for the first 23 minutes, totally bossing Stoke. Suprised by how good Savage's long passing have been.

AltiUn

Garnacho's goal:

Hansen's goal:

AltiUn

Savage booked for a tackle in which he won the ball.

Stoke get 1 back after putting 10 men behind the ball and hit us on the counter.

lysglimt

Scout
Strange refereeing - Stoke player avoided the red card after pulling down a United-player through on goal - and then Savage got the yellow for a fair tackle 1 minute later. Savage been our best player - and I still struggle to see why we got Hoogewerf from Ajax - with all the talents they have got there, we ended up with a thoroughly average player

AltiUn

Strange refereeing - Stoke player avoided the red card after pulling down a United-player through on goal - and then Savage got the yellow for a fair tackle 1 minute later. Savage been our best player - and I still struggle to see why we got Hoogewerf from Ajax - with all the talents they have got there, we ended up with a thoroughly average player
I think Hoogewerf has talent, but his demeanour reminds me so much of Aliou Traore's, just looks like he has no interest in being here.

AltiUn

Absolutely superb goal by Omari Forson, the U18s getting a taste of a low block today and so far are passing the test well.

NYAS

Anyone got a screenshot of the line-up and subs?

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Second assist from McNeil. Nice to see he's developed into a much more allround player.

AltiUn

Second assist from McNeil. Nice to see he's developed into a much more allround player.
Seems to almost be playing as a shadow striker today.

lysglimt

Scout
I think Hoogewerf has talent, but his demeanour reminds me so much of Aliou Traore's, just looks like he has no interest in being here.
of course he has talent - he is just not extremely talented which he should be if we pick up a player from Ajax. He is nowhere near the level of Garnacho, Hannibal, Fernandes etc. Garnacho and Hansen are both 16 and they look better players than Hoogewerf who is 18

AltiUn

of course he has talent - he is just not extremely talented which he should be if we pick up a player from Ajax. He is nowhere near the level of Garnacho, Hannibal, Fernandes etc. Garnacho and Hansen are both 16 and they look better players than Hoogewerf who is 18
Yeah, no disagreements there. When we initially signed him the Ajax fans were devastated about losing him, at one stage he was considered a high tier talent. Not sure what's gone wrong for him since then.

Drainy

I think he also strikes me as a bit too full of himself too. Obviously having confidence is important to a player's development but he has an air of arrogance and he doesn't seem to gel well with his teammates which infers he might not be the most popular personality in the squad.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Have to say, I've seen better keepers than than the Stoke guy! Not exactly a new Banks or Shilton...

Pericles

I like Hansen in CM. He is able to control tempo quite well and understands how use space in tight positions.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Yeah, no disagreements there. When we initially signed him the Ajax fans were devastated about losing him, at one stage he was considered a high tier talent. Not sure what's gone wrong for him since then.
Think he is not a 10, at Ajax he was a striker. He was usually at the end of the attacks, finishing with both feet. Quick, strong, hard shot. But his physique, the current level and his position doesnt really suit him.

AltiUn

Svidersky read the game so well. Bit weird that the challenge on him didn't warrant a yellow whereas Savage's earlier one did.

And somehow Forson didn't get booked for that :lol:

AltiUn

Charlie McNeill with the miss of the season.

Scores this time 5-1.

AltiUn

McNeill's goal:

Garnacho hits the bar with a fantastic turn and Hansen can't turn in the rebound.

AltiUn

Don't know what the psychology of it is, but clubs at the end of a pasting always seem to find their pride in the last 5 minutes of a match.

Bertie Wooster

Great performance. Really enjoyed that and it made up for last night's disappointment with the U23's (made doubly annoying by my reception keep freezing in the 2nd half and I missed all the goals except their 94th minute winner :mad:).

Very impressive all round performance and especially pleased for Garnacho getting his hat trick.

And I agree with the comments about Forson - he really seems to have grown during the season. He looks a bigger unit now. Hopefully it won't effect his quick feet and dribbling ability - it certainly didn't today with his goal!

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
This team can really win the competition, a lot of exciting talents. United and the staff deserve credit for the amount of top talents in the academy.

lysglimt

Scout
Savage was outstanding today - his long passes are exceptional for someone so young. And even if I am not convinced he will make it here, I really like Svidersky - he seems to have a superb footballing brain. He is the kind of player who seems smart enough to fill in at many positions

Fitchett

Don't know what the psychology of it is, but clubs at the end of a pasting always seem to find their pride in the last 5 minutes of a match.
Probably to lessen the bollocking they know that they will get from their manager, when back in the dressing room.