U18s v. Wolves

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
This is such a talented group. I really think Hansen-Aarøen has a very high chance of making it here. Everything is effortless to him.

Mylock

Hansen-Aarøen
Hansen-Aarøen looks like a serious talent. I love what the coaches are doing with him by playing him deeper, which will improve his defensive game. He has a very high ceiling; his weight of pass is up there with the best I've seen at this age. A lot can go wrong for a player coming through the system, but I can see him getting to train with the 1st team at the 2nd half of next season.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
I think Greenwood played less than McNeill did - correct me if I am wrong, but I have a feeling Greenwood had something like 22-23 goals 9-10 assists in less than 20 matches in all competitions.
I don't know about assists as I don't keep that sort of data but here are the records to date:

2018/19 - Mason Greenwood scored 22 goals in 18 games across all competitions

U/18 League - 15
Premier League Cup - 4
FA Youth Cup - 3

2020/21 - Charlie McNeill has scored 19 goals in 19 games to date

U/18 League - 18
FA Youth Cup - 1

So in summary, McNeill has the record for the most goals at U/18 Academy League level but Greenwood still has the record in one season when you add in Cup matches. Of course if McNeill manages to score another 4 goals...

Reactions: lysglimt

trevor newnham

Supports
Vigo RFC, Charlton
Hanson-Aaron looks the real deal but he will probably need to grow a bit and add some muscle to improve his chances of making the senior squad, buyt will that diminish his ability to glide round tackles?

Sea-Cow

This is such a talented group. I really think Hansen-Aarøen has a very high chance of making it here. Everything is effortless to him.
I think it will be difficult. Not a mark on him or his ability, but I see it as an Angel Gomes situation. Obviously a talented footballer, but what position can they play apart from a number 10? They won't be quick enough to play out on the wings, they lack physicality to play as a box to box number 8, and they aren't big enough or fast enough to play as a striker.

But, top level teams can only carry one or two pure number 10s! If Bruno sticks around for a few more years I see it as very difficult for us to bring in someone in this Angel Gomes mold. Bruno plays every game!

mav_9me

I think it will be difficult. Not a mark on him or his ability, but I see it as an Angel Gomes situation. Obviously a talented footballer, but what position can they play apart from a number 10? They won't be quick enough to play out on the wings, they lack physicality to play as a box to box number 8, and they aren't big enough or fast enough to play as a striker.

But, top level teams can only carry one or two pure number 10s! If Bruno sticks around for a few more years I see it as very difficult for us to bring in someone in this Angel Gomes mold. Bruno plays every game!
Their best bet imo is to become like modric, Scholes or xavi. Controlling CM. Would still need work rate and getting stuck in with the defensive work ethic.

Sea-Cow

Their best bet imo is to become like modric, Scholes or xavi. Controlling CM. Would still need work rate and getting stuck in with the defensive work ethic.
Yeah that is a good point and one that I failed to consider.

Anyway, he appears to be a good player and I hope he has a great career, either with United or somewhere else!