U18s vs Liverpool

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Not saying he'll definitely make it or something but I can't remember any youth acquisition making this quick of an impact as Hugill in the first three months.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Great result to go top of the league.

Getting Savage in there over McNeil was key, made a huge difference.

Emeran was fantastic, Hugill is just so smart with his play and I think Wellens was very good too.

lysglimt

Scout
Great result to go top of the league.

Getting Savage in there over McNeil was key, made a huge difference.

Emeran was fantastic, Hugill is just so smart with his play and I think Wellens was very good too.
Would add Hardley to the list - by far our best defender and without him we would not have been 2-0 up at halftime

always_hoping

Good character shown by the lads. Another side falling 3-2 behind after 2-0 ahead would have lost nevermind coming back to win.

Bigsid

Maybe some are now realising why city were happy to let mcneil go.

Prodigal7

Maybe some are now realising why city were happy to let mcneil go.
No not at all, why are you still so bitter about this? I’m sure you still have other prospects coming through that could replace him if he’s really as average as you like to suggest.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Wow that was a interesting and emotional match with luckily the better end for us :D

Still a long way to go but we have so much attacking quality (especially with Hugill) therefore it would be disappointed if we wouldn't reach the final.

lysglimt

Scout
No not at all, why are you still so bitter about this? I’m sure you still have other prospects coming through that could replace him if he’s really as average as you like to suggest.
I am not going to judge him yet - that is of course too soon. But his work-rate and all-round play is nowhere near what Hugill has shown. But when it comes to scoring goals - he looks lethal of course.

lysglimt

Scout
Considering how impressive both Pye and Hugill have been here - I can't understand why Sunderlands u18 were so horribly bad. Makes you wonder how bad the majority of the other players were

Mickson

Considering how impressive both Pye and Hugill have been here - I can't understand why Sunderlands u18 were so horribly bad. Makes you wonder how bad the majority of the other players were
Hugill barely played for the U18 and played a few U23 games too. Still had a pretty solid goal-scoring record with 4 goals in a total of 8 games for U18 and U23.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Sunderland are pillaged basically every season at every level if I remember rightly, so they've probably lost the majority of their good players over the last few years before many even reach U18 level.