U18s vs Wolves

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Just turned over to see what you are all talking about. Is somebody filming it on their phone? What is the point if you cannot see how the play is building up?

lysglimt

Scout
Possibly one of the best matches at U18-level I have seen, if you only look at the defensive work. Both teams have looked really good at the back, which is strange at this level. A bit boring to look at though :)

lysglimt

Scout
1-0 McNeill

Jurado finds Wellens who puts in a low cross. McNeill controls it and scores it. Well played

lysglimt

Scout
Just wonder when we last had an U18-team that was better than this ?

lysglimt

Scout
McNeill with the misses of all misses. Savage hammers it against the post - McNeill miskicks the rebound. SO much for being lethal :)
He could have controlled the ball and rolled it home, but tried to strike it first time and missed the goal from 6-7 yards out

Drainy

Just wonder when we last had an U18-team that was better than this ?
Not close the the FA Youth Cup winning side but it's a really well rounded and balanced side with decent depth to be fair. Perhaps the best team since then but maybe not as much individual flair and brilliance as some teams since.

lysglimt

Scout
Not close the the FA Youth Cup winning side but it's a really well rounded and balanced side with decent depth to be fair. Perhaps the best team since then but maybe not as much individual flair and brilliance as some teams since.
We have had better players - but this is a team almost with no weaknesses, and it even has a strong squad. You take todays team and we could have added Shoretire, Fernandez, Fish, Hannibal and Hugill

Drainy

We have had better players - but this is a team almost with no weaknesses, and it even has a strong squad. You take todays team and we could have added Shoretire, Fernandez, Fish, Hannibal and Hugill
No doubt, though before today I'd have said right back and goalkeeper were question marks.

Hopefully Jurado can make the position his own.

lysglimt

Scout
Impressive how we control the game in the last minutes of the game. They are getting nowhere!

lysglimt

Scout
Full time. Impressive performance defensively. They hardly created a chance and some of our passing was impressive. Hard to pick a player or two - but Svidersky controlled the game really well.

Drainy

Full time. Impressive performance defensively. They hardly created a chance and some of our passing was impressive. Hard to pick a player or two - but Svidersky controlled the game really well.
I like Svidersky. Not sure what level he will end up at but he's a clever hard working midfielder.

mav_9me

Hats off to those who persisted in watching this. ( for this camera angle)

khoazany

Not to mention the injured Kambwala, Mejia, Forson and Pye who's not playing today.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Another win under a new different style (Our work in the defence was outstanding) was fantastic to see.......this squad has so many qualities or like @lysglimt has said "No weaknesses".

To wake up at 6.30 am for a match for the First Team would piss me off but i love to do it for our U18 team this season and i will do it against Leeds on Thursday again :)

lysglimt

Scout
Thanks for the update, missed the Sunderland-win :)

It's scary to see Leicester performing so horribly bad at this level. I almost only discuss reserves and U18 now - I think the tone has become so toxic that I can't be bothered to spend much time discussing the first-team.