U18s Youth Cup - Manchester United vs Chelsea

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Would appreciate any highlights if available, cheers.

Steerpike

I was out for the evening, but recorded the Youth Cup game against Chelsea. I've just watched it - what a game! Great performance, and what a talent Mason Greenwood looks.

Perhaps the best part of it for me came in the interview with the United skipper, Brandon Williams, after the match. It included the comment "just walking out there with the badge on your chest, it's special" - perhaps some senior players should take note.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
We have beaten Chelsea twice in 10 days and scored 7 goals. Very good from our U18s. Greenwood is something else.

trevor newnham

Supports
Vigo RFC, Charlton
I guess Wilson was a clinical finisher during his youth days as well but like Rossi more one footed. And Wilson's other attributed were still iffy plus injury and physique issues.

Greenwood is just so well rounded as well.
Just what I was thinking. Before Wilson got injured he looked like he would go all the way. In fact, I think if I remember correctly Rashford was behind Wilson and Keane in the pecking order. Both got injured, Rashford took his chance. Pray to God, greenwood stays free of injury as he looks really special. Still think Jose should have thrown him on against Valencia. Wouldn't have lost anything, might have gained something

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Just what I was thinking. Before Wilson got injured he looked like he would go all the way. In fact, I think if I remember correctly Rashford was behind Wilson and Keane in the pecking order. Both got injured, Rashford took his chance. Pray to God, greenwood stays free of injury as he looks really special. Still think Jose should have thrown him on against Valencia. Wouldn't have lost anything, might have gained something
Rashford was behind because he was younger. Wilson had already played for the first team about 20 times by the time Rashford made his debut, and Keane was more about being the most senior striker in the reserves. He hadn’t looked impressive for a long time at that point though.

Cee90

Hopefully more than just one player looking good?
For the first time in a while we have a good crop of youngsters coming through the system IMO.

Exciting times. I hope our new manager, whoever that may be, gives them a chance.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
For the first time in a while we have a good crop of youngsters coming through the system IMO.

Exciting times. I hope our new manager, whoever that may be, gives them a chance.
Poch please:drool:

Cee90

Poch please:drool:
He's my number one choice for the full-time role, looks like it will be OGS in the interim period however.

I have faith that he will give some of the youngsters a chance for sure.

Mylock

Rest of the season wishes -
  1. Appoint either Ollie or Larry White until the end of the season.
  2. Start to play attractive football.
  3. Get rid of Darmian, Jones, Rojo, Valencia, Matic, in January, Young (in the summer)
  4. Put Pogba, Sanchez, Periera, Herrera, Mata, Fallani, Fred, Lukaku on trial until the end of the season.
  5. Send McTominay out on Loan.
  6. Promote Chong, Gomes, Greenwood, Garner, O Connor to the 1st team squad.

mav_9me

Rest of the season wishes -
  1. Appoint either Ollie or Larry White until the end of the season.
  2. Start to play attractive football.
  3. Get rid of Darmian, Jones, Rojo, Valencia, Matic, in January, Young (in the summer)
  4. Put Pogba, Sanchez, Periera, Herrera, Mata, Fallani, Fred, Lukaku on trial until the end of the season.
  5. Send McTominay out on Loan.
  6. Promote Chong, Gomes, Greenwood, Garner, O Connor to the 1st team squad.
I want you as interim manager/DOF. Dont agree with 4 but agree mostly.

Just realized this is not the thread for it, so will stop.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Alan Brazil stated on Talkshite that we won the FA Youth Cup.....he has no clue does he?

Very positive about the youngsters though