U18s Youth Cup - Manchester United vs Chelsea

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Standing off them quite a bit now. Greenwood though, what a player.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
5 minutes, ugh, this isn't going to be fun to sit through. And we hit the post, this is almost cruel.

AltiUn

Officiating has been a joke. If Chelsea get decisions like this every game it's no wonder they've won it 5 years in a row.

AltiUn

Superb. We earned that, feck off Chelsea bunch of thugs. Referee can do one too. Down to ten men, 1 defender on the pitch, we can be proud of that result. Mason Greenwood is a diamond, what a player.

FromTheBench

Greenwood is ridiculous.

So clinical. He knows all the angles to goal so we'll.

Thiagoal

What a match! I need a beer! Greenwood has got everything in his locker to be a first teamer now!!

Utdstar01

Very well played. Thought Puigmal and Galbraith had really good games as well as the obvious choice Greenwood. Mellor always makes a nuisance of himself too, makes good runs. Thought Traore was sloppy for his standards. Referee basically let Chelsea back into the game with a penalty that should've been a FK and a blatant handball before Chelsea's 3rd and their officiating team ignoring obvious fouls for most of the second half.

AltiUn

Mellor and Puigmal are both quietly having very good seasons, Mellor in particular has really come into his own these last few months.

SteveW

Twice Greenwood got the ball 30 yards out with players to beat and both times I immediately relaxed and thought "goal"

That's how good he is. He is so quick and two footed that defenders don't have a clue how to stop him. They can't predict which side he'll go on and he strikes it perfectly with both feet. He's Bobby Charlton levels of 2 footed. There's no difference in power or accuracy on either side.

Goals aside, his touch, passing and hold up play were just stunning all night in a game where Chelsea had most of the ball and he was feeding of scraps for the most part. Didn't do a thing wrong all night

Thiagoal

Twice Greenwood got the ball 30 yards out with players to beat and both times I immediately relaxed and thought "goal"

That's how good he is. He is so quick and two footed that defenders don't have a clue how to stop him. They can't predict which side he'll go on and he strikes it perfectly with both feet. He's Bobby Charlton levels of 2 footed. There's no difference in power or accuracy on either side.

Goals aside, his touch, passing and hold up play were just stunning all night in a game where Chelsea had most of the ball and he was feeding of scraps for the most part. Didn't do a thing wrong all night
Great summary! Genuinely can't think of a professional currently playing that is so two footed! Can play anywhere across the front three!

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Great game. Great win. Glad I went even after Sunday I didn't feel like it. Greenwood is a star.

FromTheBench

Basically down to how two-footed he is. The most natural finisher we've had through the academy since Rossi I'd say.
I guess Wilson was a clinical finisher during his youth days as well but like Rossi more one footed. And Wilson's other attributed were still iffy plus injury and physique issues.

Greenwood is just so well rounded as well.

Litch

U18's have been a good watch for a couple of years now. Would be nice to see some lads get a few cameo's for the first team given the PL season is as good as over....

Utdstar01

I guess Wilson was a clinical finisher during his youth days as well but like Rossi more one footed. And Wilson's other attributed were still iffy plus injury and physique issues.

Greenwood is just so well rounded as well.
I think Rossi was technically more sound than Wilson. Was a brilliant little player for us at those age groups. Shame about all his injuries. Like you say though Greenwood is the complete package. He's a pure match winner.