U19: Midtjylland vs United

ArjenIsM3

How have Garner, Gomes, Chong and Laird performed so far? From what I've read Kovar has been garbage.

Giggs' right foot

6.013 supporters at the game. That's Superliga-numbers. Absurd the amount of people Man. United can attract.

lysglimt

Scout
Matches like these make me quite convinced that our youngsters are quite overrated

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The defence aren't good enough at this level. Way too easy.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Bah it's not the defense….Chong...just runs straight at people….Gomes have some nice turns and zero endproduct
Yeah, Chong isn't even proven at this level, somehow we have ManUtd fan who thinks he is better than Rashford.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
After what the referee’s let go for Midget Land, he actually has the fecking cheek to send off a United player, what a fecking joke :lol:

In Rainbows

Typical. United always disappoint in these competitions. Similar to the fa youth cup this season.

DocRockter

Had the chances early in the 2nd, otherwise it's been quite underwelming.. Gomes played quite deep all game and Garner wasn't getting much help.. Chong had his moments, didn't share the ball enough. Both goals were preventable from defensive POV.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Typical. United always disappoint in these competitions. Similar to the fa youth cup this season.
I can forgive the Youth Cup to an extent, Brighton were insanely clinical and defended like their lives depended on it. These lot were there for the taking today and really offered nothing, we just let them win with little fight. Taking off Laird was a bizarre decision, it was the same when Ryan took him off against Blackburn the other week, we lose so much when he's not on the pitch.

Winger11

Very strang feelengs. We have "almost EPL level" midfield in Garner-Gomes but I haven't seen any penetrating pass through the middle. Chong was met by 3-4 opponents every time and all danger have come to nil when Laird came off.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Impressed with Laird, thought he looked really good today. Still not sure how good he is defensively as they never really pushed down his side. But he's such a handful going forward and had a very good partnership with Chong. Chong was my MoTM, all our best moments he was involved in.

The rest of our players (Gomes included for me) had a mixed bag, some decent moments but never really sustained over a period of time. Thought Garner in particular was a let down, first time i've seen him play live and he didn't really do much. Our goalkeeper today simply wasn't at the races, I wouldn't say he was responsible for the loss because that would be harsh. But he wasn't good.

Went out on a bit of a whimper too frankly. Didn't really trouble the opposition when we went 2-1 down.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Chong and Laird were very good in the game. So was Gomes to an extent. But no surprise that people who didn't watch the game have come to pass judgment after seeing the fulltime score.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Haven't seen this match, but some of these lads seem to freeze on the big occasion, but saying that, they were excellent (I believe) when beating Chelsea in the FA youth cup, but when they are expected to win, they seem to struggle. I wonder if Laird was brought off because he will be in the squad for the Wolves game on Saturday?

Verminator

Midget land were a horrible team to play against. A stronger ref would not allow their tactics of kicking every opponent near the ball.
United played well after the interval, but allowed them to turn it into head tennis, and get back into it. Ironically, their goals were classy, proper football.
Good lesson for the lads though.

lysglimt

Scout
The difference between Rashford and a few of these other players are mentally. There are 3-4 players who are every bit as talented as Rashford, but so far behind where he was at the same level.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Haven't seen this match, but some of these lads seem to freeze on the big occasion, but saying that, they were excellent (I believe) when beating Chelsea in the FA youth cup, but when they are expected to win, they seem to struggle. I wonder if Laird was brought off because he will be in the squad for the Wolves game on Saturday?
I think it was probably more to do with fatigue because Laird was running and overlapping so often.

lysglimt

Scout
Midget land were a horrible team to play against. A stronger ref would not allow their tactics of kicking every opponent near the ball.
United played well after the interval, but allowed them to turn it into head tennis, and get back into it. Ironically, their goals were classy, proper football.
Good lesson for the lads though.
A good lesson is when you learn something from it - one of the main problems with our youngsters is that they make the same mistakes over, and over, and over .… and over again.

When you destroy some of the best teams in Europe, and then lose to Midt-Jylland it says a lot about their mentality

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Laird has also been out injured for a long period so maybe he wasn't ready for a full 90 minutes.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
At least watch the game before you make yourself look silly next time.
I watched the game, maybe you should watch Rashford before making stupid posts.

I dont know how Chong was good in this game. He kept making same moves and lost the ball so many times. He probably succeed once which led to shot and half chance was created from rebound.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I watched the game, maybe you should watch Rashford before making stupid posts.

I dont know how Chong was good in this game. He kept making same moves and lost the ball so many times. He probably succeed once which led to shot and half chance was created from rebound.
I've been watching Rashford since he was in the youth teams. I've watched him play live since he was 16 because I live minutes away from Carrington.

In Rainbows

The difference between Rashford and a few of these other players are mentally. There are 3-4 players who are every bit as talented as Rashford, but so far behind where he was at the same level.
Rashford was in this same competition and he was bounced out in the group stages. This side is a little more talented, but it's not like Rashford carried United to victory or had some success that you can point to as some reminder of his superiority.