U21 vs Chelsea

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Honestly don't even know why I bothered with MUTV this year. They don't even seem to do the 90 in 20 match highlights anymore.
Cnuts. I don't understand why this season has been exceptionally poor in terms of live streams for the Academy and to a degree the women's.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Who scored? Mainoo I guess

lysglimt

Scout
Probably just as well that its not live on tv - they are now 2-1 down. I can't understand how this team is completely unable to win a single football match against other u21 teams. Yes they are playing against older teams - but surely they should be able to beat someone ?

Fanta Stick

Probably just as well that its not live on tv - they are now 2-1 down. I can't understand how this team is completely unable to win a single football match against other u21 teams. Yes they are playing against older teams - but surely they should be able to beat someone ?
Although they have won both Football League Trophy fixtures. It's the same squad basically?

lysglimt

Scout
Although they have won both Football League Trophy fixtures. It's the same squad basically?
It is - but seriously we cant have our reserve/U21 get relegated twice in the space of 4 years ? Unless the results improve - use a couple of the first-team squad to make sure we dont go down again - playing against lower league opposition wont help their development

lysglimt

Scout
It apparently was an even game before the break - but in the second half they have played us off the park from what I understand. Something like 6 or 7-1 in goal attempts in 30 minutes in the second half.

lysglimt

Scout
Not sure if the match is finished - but United scored in the 95th and 96th minute - both goals by Shoretire - and salvaged yet another draw.

Casadei who got the second goal for Chelsea was sent off in the 90 th minute

lysglimt

Scout
Yes finished 3-3 - Jurado with assist for both goals

10-4 in goal attempts for Chelsea in the second half

lysglimt

Scout
And our next 5 games in the league: Wolves, Spurs, City, Fulham and Liverpool :)

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Different manager, Travis Binnion takes the EFL Trophy matches. Garnacho also drops down which makes a huge difference as the side used in the league simply has no pace or any physicality for that matter.

There are no wingers in the side, no striker sometimes (and with how weak McNeill is, basically no striker ever), Hardley is really a CB and Jurado is somehow even worse in attack than him. There is very little about the side that is threatening, clever touches from a bunch of small attacking midfielders only gets you so far. Mainoo was the fastest and strongest player on the pitch today and he absolutely dominated, as soon as he came off the whole side collapsed because he was the only one capable of holding off a defender and fast enough to run the channels. Isak Hansen-Aaroen was great linking up with Mainoo but once he was gone he had no one to play off and he's too slow to burst in behind himself. It ends up with a bunch of great possession and passing deep and in midfield but with no final third. Garnacho's pace offers that outlet when he plays, Mainoo did today. It is too one dimensional without it. It is just Forson or Hansen-Aaroen creating space and then the defender just catching back up and pushing them off the ball because they can't exploit the space and McNeill has the presence up top of a small child.

Demaw

Different manager, Travis Binnion takes the EFL Trophy matches. Garnacho also drops down which makes a huge difference as the side used in the league simply has no pace or any physicality for that matter.

There are no wingers in the side, no striker sometimes (and with how weak McNeill is, basically no striker ever), Hardley is really a CB and Jurado is somehow even worse in attack than him. There is very little about the side that is threatening, clever touches from a bunch of small attacking midfielders only gets you so far. Mainoo was the fastest and strongest player on the pitch today and he absolutely dominated, as soon as he came off the whole side collapsed because he was the only one capable of holding off a defender and fast enough to run the channels. Isak Hansen-Aaroen was great linking up with Mainoo but once he was gone he had no one to play off and he's too slow to burst in behind himself. It ends up with a bunch of great possession and passing deep and in midfield but with no final third. Garnacho's pace offers that outlet when he plays, Mainoo did today. It is too one dimensional without it. It is just Forson or Hansen-Aaroen creating space and then the defender just catching back up and pushing them off the ball because they can't exploit the space and McNeill has the presence up top of a small child.
Great write up Limerick!! It's how I feel about most of the players. In the mids Forson, Hansen, Zidane all have good skills but are all weak and slow. Jurado even with the assists has never shown any movement and nous. McNeill and the lanky kid from Sunderland scored easily in 18's but went missing in the older leagues. Interesting that Elanga, Garnacho, and Mainoo are all moving ahead quickly as its their speed that really helps.

Demaw

Honestly don't even know why I bothered with MUTV this year. They don't even seem to do the 90 in 20 match highlights anymore.
I have wrote several times to them as I'm overseas and opposite time zones. I said could you keep the 18's and 21's on the link for a week so overseas fans could watch them at a more convenient time, or a second time. We get a 3 minute highlights package as you know. 18's games start at midnight for me. No, it was too hard to seems and impossible. How about all of us on here all write in the next few days to MUTV asking the same thing? It can't hurt!!

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
I have wrote several times to them as I'm overseas and opposite time zones. I said could you keep the 18's and 21's on the link for a week so overseas fans could watch them at a more convenient time, or a second time. We get a 3 minute highlights package as you know. 18's games start at midnight for me. No, it was too hard to seems and impossible. How about all of us on here all write in the next few days to MUTV asking the same thing? It can't hurt!!
I'll write to them. I doubt it'll get noticed but may as well. The 3 minute highlights is nonsense. Last season they used to do a '90 in 20' which was a 20 minute highlight for all youth games, but they don't seem to really be doing it this season. There is literally no point in having MUTV if I can't watch the youth games. Everything else on the channel is rubbish.

Demaw

I'll write to them. I doubt it'll get noticed but may as well. The 3 minute highlights is nonsense. Last season they used to do a '90 in 20' which was a 20 minute highlight for all youth games, but they don't seem to really be doing it this season. There is literally no point in having MUTV if I can't watch the youth games. Everything else on the channel is rubbish.
Thanks mate, if all of us write something it may a least make them think. They did write back to me 12 months ago when I asked. I'll send it again tonight. Can't hurt. Also, 3 minutes of 1sts clips at training playing keepy up or kicking in a circle, or running to the cones is getting boring. The host and forums with Maysie etc put you to sleep.

Mickson

Pretty much this. It's a weak squad in balance and that has been our problem for years. Today, we played without a natural LB and striker, but both Murray and McNeill were on the bench. However, Murray is a really poor player so I understand why he's not playing. McNeill has been poor this season too and offers nothing except a goal once in a while (a bit like Ronaldo). We also seem to be really poor in moments, and when we have a poor period we always let in 1-2 goals, which is obviously not sustainable.

Sea-Cow

I would happily pay for MUTV if they could guarantee coverage for the youths. Its bizarre.

How are the other clubs at streaming their youth? Just wondering if this is another symptom of a poorly run club.

Bigsid

Playing wolves here. Hugill just equalised off bench.