U21s Final: Chelsea vs. United

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Well deserved that. Chelsea looked class. They'll hopefully go onto have great careers on loan at mid-tier European clubs.
That's the problem as I think Duffer said, until they get a manager long term, these kids won't get a chance. Everytime they get a new manager he just buys players in.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Andreas been disappointing tonight. That said, I have no idea why he has played left wing tonight. Him and Lawrence should have switched I reckon.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Most of our guys have been here since they were kids. I wonder how many of Chelsea were bought.
Don't be folled by the exotic names, a lot of those starting tonight have been at the club since they were 11. There's a few who were "signed" from other clubs but I'd bet no more than in your starting XI.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Jesus Christ, has Pereira been drinking or something? No idea how he's stayed on the pitch.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Pereira was pretty bad. I always thought he was a bit of a set piece expert.

Count Orduck

Well deserved Chelsea, they were much better on the night. It'll be good to see them all playing for crappy European clubs in three or four years when Chelsea let them go without giving them a chance.

El-Manos

Charley Mousonda is very highly rated, I've not seen an awful lot of him to be honest. We've had him and his two brothers in the youth setup for a couple of years now.
I think you sold one of the brothers recently or am I mistaken? Certainly looks talented, read an article on him before, was a revelation at Anderlecht. They seem to have quite a talented youth set-up.

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
Most of our guys have been here since they were kids. I wonder how many of Chelsea were bought.
Charni, Pereira, Janko and Varela were bought, that's more than 1/3 of our team.

Redo91

Well deserved that. Chelsea looked class. They'll hopefully go onto have great careers on loan at mid-tier European clubs.
:lol:

Have we actually put in a decent delivery from a corner or free kick all game? Pereira and Lawrence have been terrible over the dead ball.

Ringo 07

Was a good game..
Micheal Keane and Tom Lawrence seemed like the players that could make our first team squad next season...definitely a few out there though that simply were off the pace
Perreira didn't impact the game at all
Pearson looks a bit lightweight even though he has a lovely touch
What an awful howler from our right back for their second goal
Chelsea had a much more powerful team

Trizy

Surely with no time left and 2 corners given we have at least one person on the pitch who can take a better bloody corner? Amos no doubt. Chelsea were the better team but still a pack of chav cnuts.

Ekeke

:lol:

Have we actually put in a decent delivery from a corner or free kick all game? Pereira and Lawrence have been terrible over the dead ball.
Pereira had a nightmare. He had one good run in the first half, thats your lot. It doesn't help playing him on the left where he's clearly not suited but you'd expect a lot more from him

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I'm gutted, absolutely gutted. I know Chelsea were favourites for this, but I'm still gutted.

Joyce didn't react properly to the problems we faced. He kept Lawrence in as the #10 when he struggled to do well, there. He didn't free up Pearson when it was obvious we weren't able to keep the ball in the middle.

Wilson and Lawrence both going off did hurt us as we didn't have a proper forward for the last few minutes.

Credit to Chelsea, though. They played some great football, and they controlled the majority of this match. I'll give credit to our youngsters, though. Not much was expected of them, and they made it to the final. Well done to them.

This defeat will be good for our players. It will make them more hungry and determined for success and show them where they are weak.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Don't be folled by the exotic names, a lot of those starting tonight have been at the club since they were 11. There's a few who were "signed" from other clubs but I'd bet no more than in your starting XI.
I was fooled by the exotic names. I just looked in to it. I never expected Feruz to be Scottish :lol:

Boycott

Pereira in general was a bit slow in his decision making. He's capable of pulling of moments of class but from what I've seen in build up play - particularly on the counter he hasn't got the composure on picking the right decision at the right moment. It's all a bit rushed.

Redo91

Pereira had a nightmare. He had one good run in the first half, thats your lot. It doesn't help playing him on the left where he's clearly not suited but you'd expect a lot more from him
Ya he had a shocker tonight especially by his standards. He was excellent in the second half at Anfield and although he had a quiet first half he did chip in with the brilliant winner. Hoped he could build on that tonight but he was terrible. He would be much more effective playing deeper and centrally where he can dictate play more. Doesn't tend to influence games as much when he plays out wide.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Cheeks is beyond any player in this reserve level. He should be playing first team football already.

United players showed a lot of enthusiasm, but we were not penetrative enough in the attack. Chelsea deserved this win.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Do you think he has what it takes to make it for the first team?
Not sure. It is only the first time I have seen him play. He looks like he could be a better version of Valencia.

eddiebb

gobshite
I know people have been ******* on about how good we've been this season, but for me that followed the same pattern of most games this season for us. Midfield mostly solid defensively but forwards always isolated and we've mostly scored from moments of indivídual brilliance. I appreciate that the players need to learn how to attack and defend, but it's not really good preparation for coming into the United first team, sitting deep and hoping that one of Wilson or Lawrence can conjure something out of nothing.

Ekeke

I think the game largely reflected the first team sides.

Chelsea were clearly superior in midfield in terms of personnel and the organization so its hard to get free of a player and not overrun the ball into someone else's space. They troubled us time and again with runners from midfield getting into position for a chance ala Lampard

We on the other hand relied almost completely on Janko's powerful runs down the right and some runs from Lawrence towards the left while centrally we produced very very little.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
Andreas been disappointing tonight. That said, I have no idea why he has played left wing tonight. Him and Lawrence should have switched I reckon.
He was poor no question but he just isn't a winger whilst Lawrence is. He is wasted out there. It was odd to play them in each others positions.

How many English or British players did Chelsea have out there, 3 or something?

It was a disappointing approach. The negative tactics worked at first but then they became us and we started playing rudimentary awful stuff. Chelsea were good though. Slick and patient.