U23: Derby - Man Utd

Bigsid

And btw - to call our U18 pathetic shows that you have very little knowledge of what you are talking about. After an awful start to the season where they looked really bad - they have really improved a lot and before todays game they have something like 4 wins and 2 draws in the last 6 league games. And they are 1-0 up at half-time against Burnley
It's fair to say our academy sides appear to be less talented each year. This isn't helped by the fact that there is no definitive way of playing from the First team downwards with poor coaching hiding behind the odd decent individual here and there. In the games I've watched in the u18s the coaching from the sidelines seems lower league in its approach and given the limited experience of those involved it's hardly surprising. We seem to mainly buy talent in now and I'm led to believe in the younger ages this is getting worse with no clear vision around development or philosophy. The club needs a complete overhaul from top to bottom. However, with our wonderful owners clearly intent on sacrificing performance for profits I cant say I'm hopeful.

mat85

It's fair to say our academy sides appear to be less talented each year. This isn't helped by the fact that there is no definitive way of playing from the First team downwards with poor coaching hiding behind the odd decent individual here and there. In the games I've watched in the u18s the coaching from the sidelines seems lower league in its approach and given the limited experience of those involved it's hardly surprising. We seem to mainly buy talent in now and I'm led to believe in the younger ages this is getting worse with no clear vision around development or philosophy. The club needs a complete overhaul from top to bottom. However, with our wonderful owners clearly intent on sacrificing performance for profits I cant say I'm hopeful.
They came second in the league last year by 1 point?

Bigsid

They came second in the league last year by 1 point?
Yeah in a northern league where City played a full u17 side. We are Manchester United. We should be winning titles and youth cups. We haven't for some time. Having watched 23a and 18s we seem some way off the top level sides when I've watched. Look at Citys conveyor belt of local boys coming through with an established philosophy. We have become a buying club of individuals with no defined way of playing.

Last edited:

dutchred

winning becomes a habit and we need to develop it at all levels ( at least under 18 and beyond)