Scout
Arsenal actually had a worse start to the season than us

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

KM

Wow. We lead 1-0. Puigmal

kundalini

Puigmal converts after the initial penalty is saved, according to Arsenal Academy twitter

They mentioned several good chances for Arsenal in the first half after Reiss Nelson's free kick made it 1-1.

KM

Quite unbelievable that we are beating this team.

Prodigal7

That arsenal team is packed full of men’s team experience. If we do get a result the lads should take huge confidence from it.

RashyForPM

Edit:
I mean, having a core of Cedric, Saliba, Willock and Nelson against a bunch of unknown kids and celebrating a draw like that is a bit small time :lol:

Typical Arse.

lysglimt

Scout
So :
Hein 18, Cedric 29, Saliba 19, Dinzei 20, Kirk 17, Alebiosu 18, Cottrell 18, Wilock 21, Nelson 20, Smith Rowe 20, Balogun 19
Average age: 19,9

Mastny 18, Mengi 18, Fish 17, Ercolani 20, Fernandes 17, Galbraith 19, Puigmal 19, Mejbri 17, Shiretire 16, Elanga 18, Hugill 16 (ok 17 on monday)
Average age: 17.7

That makes a huge difference - well played by our lads

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Yea I’d seen that earlier. That’s honestly even more ridiculous. It’s premier league clubs with people paying for subscriptions solely to watch these matches. They should all be filmed and broadcast. It’s a joke one club can just say no to filming a professional match which people are paying for.

Mark Pawelek

Quite unbelievable that we are beating this team.
Average age of Arsenal's starting line-up = 20 years 6 months. They had 5 defenders 3 CB and 2 FB.

Average birthday of United 11 = 26 May 2002. Making the Arsenal 11 just over 2 years older on average.

PS: Calculated average age by calculating their average birthday which was 16 April 2000 (Arsenal)

Last edited:

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
A draw is a fantastic result on the paper......but if you lead 3-1 and the other team plays for 15 minutes with 10 players then it is surely disappointed.

Hugill's record so far is really special.

Good to see Puigmal is back from his injury and hopefully he will be a key player in the next few weeks.

Laird is again injured? :rolleyes:

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
A draw is a fantastic result on the paper......but if you lead 3-1 and the other team plays for 15 minutes with 10 players then it is surely disappointed.

Good to see Puigmal is back from his injury and hopefully he will be a key player in the next few weeks.

There was a Hugill who scored for Rotherham( I think). Any relation?

lysglimt

Scout
There was a Hugill who scored for Rotherham( I think). Any relation?
He scored for Norwich against Rotherham - and they are not related. Jordan is from Middlesboro - Joe from Sunderland.

Found this online from a few months back:
"Unlike his namesake Jordan Hugill, who plays for QPR but bears no relation, Joe is a 16-year-old youth prospect who has spent his entire footballing career with his boyhood club Sunderland. "

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
He scored for Norwich against Rotherham - and they are not related. Jordan is from Middlesboro - Joe from Sunderland.

Found this online from a few months back:
"Unlike his namesake Jordan Hugill, who plays for QPR but bears no relation, Joe is a 16-year-old youth prospect who has spent his entire footballing career with his boyhood club Sunderland. "
Cheers

Must be name associated with the north east, like the Charlton family

Grande

I is still fantastic when we play a good youth team two years older than us. Of course, it also depends a bit on how the game was actually played, which nobody here seems to know. As with Laird’s absence.