U23's: Derby (H) Monday 7pm

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Well, this is ridiculous (and typical of what we see from refs in the U23 level against United). Hannibal just got his 2nd yellow for dissent. I think this is the first time I've seen a player get sent off for 2 yellows, both for dissent, in a long time.

Nero

Truly incredible.

Hannibal gets his legs snapped every single week with no punishment. Yet he gets sent off for dissent.

Officiating at this level is dead.

lysglimt

Scout
Oh give it a break - he stands there for 10 seconds indicating a yellow card.

lysglimt

Scout
He gets kicked off the park every game and you are complaining about his antics.
He has been fouled twice in the game - and when he is held and gets a freekick he indicates to the referee yellow card - which is a clear yellow card to him. So yes - this is all Hannibal.

Drainy

Oh give it a break - he stands there for 10 seconds indicating a yellow card.
yah lets give a straight red to a player who has been fouled 60 times this season with very few yellows given for them, for complaining about someone chopping him down and not getting a yellow.

Shows the cnuty priorities of these refs. Player safety, who gives a feck. Offend my ego, get off the pitch.

Fanta Stick

He got a 2nd yellow - and that was 100% correct. So he must have got a yellow in the first half
I don't recall a yellow in the first half unless he got one after the first half whistle. There was a skirmish after the whistle for half time when Shoretire whacked the ball in the direction of the Derby player who had just fouled Hannibal.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Hannibal was at fault there but let's not forget there has been probably 100 challenge on him this season that deserved straight red. Must be frustrating for him that he gets absolutely no protection at this level and it's basically opposition players kicking him all around the park

Fanta Stick

I don't recall a yellow in the first half unless he got one after the first half whistle. There was a skirmish after the whistle for half time when Shoretire whacked the ball in the direction of the Derby player who had just fouled Hannibal.
I need to pay more attention. The commentator didn't realize he was booked in the first half either!

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
He has been fouled twice in the game - and when he is held and gets a freekick he indicates to the referee yellow card - which is a clear yellow card to him. So yes - this is all Hannibal.
On the other hand, he was getting pulled and kicked more and more towards the end of the first half. To top it all off, he was down because of a head injury (after Cresswell's shoulder accidentally hit his jaw), and the ref let that go.

Nero

The rules for this level are you are allowed to try and end players' careers on a weekly basis, but don't you dare wave an imaginary card about.

lysglimt

Scout
On the other hand, he was getting pulled and kicked more and more towards the end of the first half. To top it all off, he was down because of a head injury (after Cresswell's shoulder accidentally hit his jaw), and the ref let that go.
That was nothing. He was bundled fairly off the ball and collided with Cresswell - it was an accident.

lysglimt

Scout
The rules for this level are you are allowed to try and end players' careers on a weekly basis, but don't you dare wave an imaginary card about.
The rules at any level is that waving an imaginery card is a yellow - even for Hannibal

Drainy

Yeah these refs literally don't give a feck about his wellbeing and he's not allowed to be frustrated. feck these refs.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Yeah, he was booked in the first half after fouling a Derby player and complaining afterwards to the ref.
There you go. He needs to learn to wind his neck in. He seemed to have a misplaced sense of injustice after losing the ball carelessly in the lead up to their opener, then accidentally running into a Derby player. Considering the genuinely nasty treatment he’s had in the past it’s disappointing to see how thin skinned he’s being today.

Nero

The rules at any level is that waving an imaginery card is a yellow - even for Hannibal
But normal rules are not applied to U23 football, hence why assaults are a legal move (or at least only warrant a free-kick)

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Ridiculous, isn't it? Then again, you see what Ronaldo, Messi, and Neymar have to deal with, and you sort of see why refs and other people put less importance on the constant pulls, trips, and kicks.

lysglimt

Scout
There you go. He needs to learn to wind his neck in. He seemed to have a misplaced sense of injustice after losing the ball carelessly in the lead up to their opener, then accidentally running into a Derby player. Considering the genuinely nasty treatment he’s had in the past it’s disappointing to see how thin skinned he’s being today.
This. There have been many games where he has been entitled to being frustrated. Today he has not had a single nasty tackle towards him - just 2-3 fairly harmless fouls. No need for him to lose his temper like that

Davie Moyes

I think Utd need to do something about the treatment Hannibal continues to receive by the opposition (and the refs!).

Edit: says me who is not watching the game today and therefore making wrong assumptions it seems.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
That was nothing. He was bundled fairly off the ball and collided with Cresswell - it was an accident.
It wasn’t a foul but it was a clear head injury. Referee’s should have a lower thresholds for stopping play at this level, where results don’t matter. So that was a shitty piece of refereeing, even though the sending off was fair.