U23s: Everton v United

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Elanga 1-0

Shoretire did well for it

dutchred

What is Elenga doing here. He should be in our squad for tomorrow

EngimaMK

Elanga needs much more first team bench time. Has to be given the chance to step up soon. We keep playing players who have no future when we could be playing players ready for a full opportunity.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
A question for you guys who watch the academy matches regularly. How good is Svidersky, he seems to play a lot of matches, but never really gets mentioned a lot, is it because he does the bits and pieces work in midfield, winning the ball then giving it to the creators in the team, or is he not that good?

Connor C

A question for you guys who watch the academy matches regularly. How good is Svidersky, he seems to play a lot of matches, but never really gets mentioned a lot, is it because he does the bits and pieces work in midfield, winning the ball then giving it to the creators in the team, or is he not that good?
Extremely underrated. Probably won’t make it at United but he’s easily got the potential to play for a mid table Prem team

lysglimt

Scout
That was a horribly boring first half - Everton to blame for that though.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Elanga needs much more first team bench time. Has to be given the chance to step up soon. We keep playing players who have no future when we could be playing players ready for a full opportunity.

Is he better than Cavani, Greenwood or Ronaldo? I rate Elanga but don't tell me he's not getting significantly better training playing a full game than sitting on the bench in the PL.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Extremely underrated. Probably won’t make it at United but he’s easily got the potential to play for a mid table Prem team
Cheers for that.
Always wondered if he could slot straight into the DM position that so many on here hanker for, but as far as I'm aware, he hasn't trained with the first team squad yet, and that would indicate that he was not ready for first team action, at this time.

bludsucker

Any rivers for this as my usual sources seem to be down. Would be grateful if someone pm’s it.

Robin

We have been very poor this second half, Everton been far better without getting past Kovar who has had a good game.

mav_9me

So who ended up getting red cards? Both Elanga and Hardley?

El Zoido

What happened for the reds? Not watching the game, just had 3 red cards alerts pop up at the same time on my phone.

lysglimt

Scout
What happened for the reds? Not watching the game, just had 3 red cards alerts pop up at the same time on my phone.
Elanga started pushing an Everton-player before a throw-in - completely unprovoked. The Everton-player got furious and threw a ball at him (and missed) - Elanga get even more furious and flew in his face. And after that it was complete mayhem.

Why Hardley was sent off I have no idea

Indnyc

Elanga deserved the red - he behaved incredibly stupid
Was there anything besides the pushing during the throw in? He pushed the Everton player who threw the ball at him.. Neither of those incidents deserved a red card..

After that it was handbags all around and no idea what the referee saw

Bertie Wooster

Good win - but at a cost with the two red cards. Is it one or three games for a straight red at U23 level?

It was one of the poorer U23 games I've seen in terms of technical quality. It was one of the few that suited the surroundings and felt like it could easily have been a lower league / non league game I was watching. I didn't really think anyone stood out technically tonight.

Arth_

Very harsh red cards, in my humble opinion. Personally thought there was nothing there deserving a single red, never mind three... Usually at this level it's the other way around, with the refs being way too lenient, but at the end there tonight referee felt very trigger-happy.

lysglimt

Scout
Was there anything besides the pushing during the throw in? He pushed the Everton player who threw the ball at him.. Neither of those incidents deserved a red card..

After that it was handbags all around and no idea what the referee saw
Don't agree with you - he instigated the fight by several time pushing the Everton-player and then when the ball was thrown in his direction - he flew straight at the player. Elanga was the player who most deserved the red.

Oh and the ball-throwing is a direct red. That is quite specifically written in the rules:

"
If a player throws an object, either on the pitch or bench, in an aggressive manner, the player will be shown a red card "

Mickson

Any rivers for this as my usual sources seem to be down. Would be grateful if someone pm’s it.
Too bad you didn't know that Everton streamed the game on their Youtube channel.

Good games from Kovar, Shoretire, and especially Savage who I think was the best player on the pitch. Our defense looks solid again too. A bit silly from Elanga and co, regarding the red card, but I understand them. The refs ignore so many blatant fouls that they create irritation amongst the players, and that's what you get when you are ignorant and ignore every single challenge.

Indnyc

Don't agree with you - he instigated the fight by several time pushing the Everton-player and then when the ball was thrown in his direction - he flew straight at the player. Elanga was the player who most deserved the red.

Oh and the ball-throwing is a direct red. That is quite specifically written in the rules:

"
If a player throws an object, either on the pitch or bench, in an aggressive manner, the player will be shown a red card "
Yeah fair enough on the throwing the ball… I just think it wasn’t as big a deal as the referee made it out to be..

We see shoving all the time in the PL and it shouldn’t be a red..

jb8521

Elanga started pushing an Everton-player before a throw-in - completely unprovoked. The Everton-player got furious and threw a ball at him (and missed) - Elanga get even more furious and flew in his face. And after that it was complete mayhem.

If you look at the replay the Everton lad tried to stamp him in the tackle

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
If you look at the replay the Everton lad tried to stamp him in the tackle
I’ve said it for years but the Scouse teams are absolutely vile at this level, them lot and Leicester are just violence personified.

GledTheRed

That didn't happen :lol:

GledTheRed

Too bad you didn't know that Everton streamed the game on their Youtube channel.

Good games from Kovar, Shoretire, and especially Savage who I think was the best player on the pitch. Our defense looks solid again too. A bit silly from Elanga and co, regarding the red card, but I understand them. The refs ignore so many blatant fouls that they create irritation amongst the players, and that's what you get when you are ignorant and ignore every single challenge.
Savage was decent.