U23's: Man United v Chelsea

Nero

Only in U23 football do you stay on the pitch for trying to break legs, and get sent off for accidentally handling the ball a few inches outside your area.

lenny_1248

Even when Shoretire is quite he does these little trick and flicks, and you can clearly see the talent.
The way he takes the pass, controls it and turns is outstanding. He does that quite often. His assist to Pellistri (if I'm not mistaken) comes to mind, it was a wonderful piece of skill. And today the same. He's also very accurate with the ball, rarely loses it.
What a wonderful talent he is.

lenny_1248

Amad did not look happy that Hannibal took the penalty off him hahah
The referee sent him off the pitch to get treatment, that's why he did not take it.
I saw it for the first time - the player could not take the penalty because referee ordered him off the pitch.
ps nevermind, you said Amad. I thought you were talking about Shola.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Shoretire has limped off, and Svidersky's come on to replace him. Hopefully he's not too badly hurt. He's done very well tonight, and it'd suck if he was out for a while due to his injury.

Alvaro Fernandez also comes on in place of Brandon Williams.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Game over. Mark Helm scores after some great work on the right flank between Amad, Elanga, and Svidersky. Svidersky's low cross goes to Helm, who's in tons of space and scores with relative ease.

This sort of makes up for the 6-1 loss earlier.

Drainy

Hannibal is a really stunningly talented player but he should try to learn from Amad and Shoretire about efficiency of ball usage. They are a cut above. Class acts.

GueRed

Full-Time. Entertaining game.

A well deserved win against a good albeit 10-man Chelsea.

4-2 (Shoretire 2, Amad, Helm)

Sea-Cow

Does anyone do player ratings for these youth matches? I am curious about how the individuals perform and would welcome any and all details, even from posters with terrible opinions!

Bondi77

Does anyone do player ratings for these youth matches? I am curious about how the individuals perform and would welcome any and all details, even from posters with terrible opinions!
It really does not matter about individual performances as it is about the overall development in becoming a team player. Nothing more frustrating in building up a player because he does well at this level but cannot make the transition to proper mens football.
Let us not start rating them til it really matters.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
It really does not matter about individual performances as it is about the overall development in becoming a team player. Nothing more frustrating in building up a player because he does well at this level but cannot make the transition to proper mens football.
Said no one ever

Bertie Wooster

Really enjoyed that game.

Shoretire and Mejbri are great talents, but we always look so much better when Amad is available as well. Those three together are great to watch, but Amad seems to make the difference as we've scored 4, 6 and 6 in the games he's played in and he looks a class above that level.

Last edited:

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Not what this forum is about. If you genuinely believe that, then this place isn’t for you.

Bondi77

Not what this forum is about. If you genuinely believe that, then this place isn’t for you.
If you want to get excited about a player that looks good at a level that is streets away from professional mens football then that is your prerogative; I prefer to see them blooded at the senior level before I make a judgement on if they have what it takes.
You can have your opinion about what this forum is about and I will continue to have mine.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
That front 4 are technically on a different level. Chelsea seemed to have like 2 attacks and scored from both though. Seems like this team will always leak goals.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
If you want to get excited about a player that looks good at a level that is streets away from professional mens football then that is your prerogative; I prefer to see them blooded at the senior level before I make a judgement on if they have what it takes.
You can have your opinion about what this forum is about and I will continue to have mine.
This forum is precisely that; a place where we can get get excited about prospects and also discuss their limitations without the hysteria often demonstrated in the mains. You’re entitled to make your assessment at senior level if you wish but telling other posters in this thread that they’re somehow’wrong’ to be optimistic is ridiculous.
If you wish to carry on posting negatively about youth prospects feel free, however I don’t think you’ll last long.
Best of luck whatever you do