U23s - Manchester United vs Aston Villa

kundalini

Kovar; Tanner, Poole, R. Williams, O’Connor; Hamilton, Barlow, Buffonge, Chong, Bohui, Gomes. Substitutes: Fojticek, Warren, Sang, Whelan, Burkart.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Mitchell going out on loan? Gribbin and Greenwood trained with the first team, so bit surprised they're not with u23s.

kundalini

Mitchell going out on loan? Gribbin and Greenwood trained with the first team, so bit surprised they're not with u23s.
If you look at the pics of U23/U18 training from earlier this week on Getty Images, Gribbin was training with the U23s, while Greenwood was training with the U18s. Gribbin played the first pre-season game (and possibly the 2nd) then missed the rest, so is probably working his way back to full fitness, hence training with the first team since he can't train with the U23s today.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Playing it around the back for 2 mins then that pass :lol: Where's the midfield..

KM

If you look at the pics of U23/U18 training from earlier this week on Getty Images, Gribbin was training with the U23s, while Greenwood was training with the U18s. Gribbin played the first pre-season game (and possibly the 2nd) then missed the rest, so is probably working his way back to full fitness, hence training with the first team since he can't train with the U23s today.
Yeah probably but still bodes nicely for Greenwood that he's training with the first team.

48 hours

Well played by Chong and DJ Buffonge for the goal.....and slack by Tanner in defence for the Villa equaliser

kundalini

Yeah probably but still bodes nicely for Greenwood that he's training with the first team.
If you count the number of mins the various players got in pre-season, Chong is ahead of the others by some distance, but more interestingly, Garner and Greenwood were taken seriously, while Ro-Shaun Williams, Bohui and Hamilton were not.

KM

DJ Buffonge is such a glorious footballer to watch.

Irrational.

Villa cnut who deserved a red card for a wild lunge at RoShaun Williams dislocates his shoulder in the process, yellow carded as he's stretchered off. Karma. Genuinely could have been very nasty. Feck off.

skimminstones

United 2-1 up after a penalty. Looking forward to see if Gomes can kick on this year.

NickyT

They are moving the ball really well out there, some good linking up along that right side.

RedfromIreland

Some lovely play second half. Didn't see the first half so can't make any comparisons.
Would have been nice if Chong had netted that chance.
Good three points.

Classical Mechanic

First half wasn’t great but some nice stuff played in patches. Chong showed his quality. O’Conner did at times too. Gomes came to life for 15 in the second and nearly scored a beauty and then nearly created one for Chong.

I do wonder about Williams though. Is he going to be that guy plays in the reserves for far too long?

Nick7

First half wasn’t great but some nice stuff played in patches. Chong showed his quality. O’Conner did at times too. Gomes came to life for 15 in the second and nearly scored a beauty and then nearly created one for Chong.

I do wonder about Williams though. Is he going to be that guy plays in the reserves for far too long?
He's need to go on loan. Not good enough for the first team, won't grow in the reserves.

Nick7

Has he ever been on loan?

He’s still young but he was looking great in the reserves when he was 16 playing with Ax and TFM.
I messed up that post immensely haha. I've fixed it now.

Think he's good but I don't know if he'll make it. Would love to see him on loan, don't know if he'd get enough game time in the Championship this year.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Has he ever been on loan?

He’s still young but he was looking great in the reserves when he was 16 playing with Ax and TFM.
Never been on loan due to being injured for about a year around the time teams might have been looking at him. He’s also been nothing special since returning from injury tbh.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Van Persie-esque finishing there from Burkart. Good to see DJ Buffunge on the pitch again

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Can understand the clubs reluctance to, but with relegation not an issue this season why not select the expected squad for the u19 Champions League and get them playing together regularly now in the u23 League, and not throw out a mishmash of u18 and u23 as is normally the case when the Tournament starts and then wonder why they play like a group of relative strangers after only a few sessions(if they're lucky)together.

Players like Hamilton, Poole, RS Williams, Bohui, Warren, Sang, Gribbin and DJ Buff aren't going to make it at United, so either give them free transfers, or loan them out and let the younger players(those eligible for the u19 side)play together so they can work on tactics/teamwork

It will weaken the u18 side but those selected will learn more from playing 30 minutes in one Youth Champions League match than playing 5 or 6 full matches in the u18 league

Kostov

DJ Buffonge is such a glorious footballer to watch.
What happened to this guy? I remember him forming a decent partnership with Chong and Gomes in the u18 some time back, he looked very promising, but I barely noticed him playing for the reserves last year.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
What happened to this guy? I remember him forming a decent partnership with Chong and Gomes in the u18 some time back, he looked very promising, but I barely noticed him playing for the reserves last year.
He didn't play much, Sbragia doesn't seem to rate him...it's a mystery.