U23s - Manchester United vs Fulham

RedMachine03

Poster of Articles
Under-23s: #MUFC v Fulham — Kovar; Warren, Poole (c), R. Williams, O'Connor; Whelan, Gomes; Chong, Barlow, Dearnley; Burkart.

Subs: Woolston, Ercolani, Levitt, Bohui, Mellor.

Bola

Under-23s: #MUFC v Fulham — Kovar; Warren, Poole (c), R. Williams, O'Connor; Whelan, Gomes; Chong, Barlow, Dearnley; Burkart.

Subs: Woolston, Ercolani, Levitt, Bohui, Mellor.
No Garner or Greenwood. I'll have to check the 1st team rumours

In Rainbows

Wonder if Gomes or Barlow will play the midfield role if it's a 4-2-3-1. I know Barlow has historically done it, but I would like to see Gomes play there at the u23 level.

Mickson

Am I the only one who can't use the full-screen version on MUTV Online Player? Wonder why Greenwood and Garner aren't playing.

lysglimt

Scout
Some gigantic misses from us - strange that we haven't scored so far.

In Rainbows

Thought Chong was having an inconsistent performance, and then he scores that amazing FK.

Mickson

Have to wonder if he is still carrying a knock. Maybe he was doing light training in Dubai but went to be around the first team. Extremely unlikely he'll be involved in any way on Sunday.
He was in the "winning team" at one training, so I suppose he's 100%.

Mickson

Another corner. Jesus.

Hard to see Poole and Williams in any future at Manchester United at this point though.

lysglimt

Scout
1-2 after a super through-ball from the 15 year old. Poor defending - but what a pass.

In Rainbows

love when O'Connor bombs forward

Defense struggles to play it forward until Lee decides to take it upon himself to do the job.

Irrational.

A Fulham player ends Barlow's game with a deliberate kick at his Achilles tendon. Not even a booking.

Feck the officials at every level.

lysglimt

Scout
We fell completely apart after taking the lead. Poor defensively, and sluggish going forward

Mickson

Why isn't the level that referees sets at youth level discussed in England, or is it? I'm thinking that teams like United should complain and have some kind of power when our players constantly are getting injured by bad tackles who aren't punished? The greatest example when Chong got injured against Everton...

In Rainbows

Why isn't the level that referees sets at youth level discussed in England, or is it? I'm thinking that teams like United should complain and have some kind of power when our players constantly are getting injured by bad tackles who aren't punished? The greatest example when Chong got injured against Everton...
Reason why there tend to be fewer cards is so the players get to play a full 11 side. A more competitive match is better for learning. Thing is, it can lead to horrible tackles and those players need to learn proper discipline. Some of the tackles in the u23s are horrible. Reading match was a good example of how crap the officiating was.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
A Fulham player ends Barlow's game with a deliberate kick at his Achilles tendon. Not even a booking.

Feck the officials at every level.
Becoming a joke, something needs doing and quick. U23 league is full of either very talented youth players or shite thugs who're only interested in hurting the other team's players.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
How’s Gomes looking? Will Greenwood/Garner be travelling to Spurs or are they being saved for an U18 game?

lysglimt

Scout
Chong is brilliant when taking players on - but is he a good enough passer of the ball to make it at the highes level ? I am not convinced!

lysglimt

Scout
How’s Gomes looking? Will Greenwood/Garner be travelling to Spurs or are they being saved for an U18 game?
Gomes had a few nice passes - but generally he has been anonymous. Not helped by the fact that there is very little movement by his team-mates

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Gomes had a few nice passes - but generally he has been anonymous. Not helped by the fact that there is very little movement by his team-mates
I feel he’s one that won’t really shine until he’s playing with better players. Needs to be given more time in the first team going forward. I know it’s difficult with the competition for places and it’s a big step up but if he’s good enough for us he’ll handle it.

In Rainbows

He's been great. I think he's been the best player. Created a chance. Been great in possession. Linked up play well.

Robin

They are a lot bigger and more physical than us, we are not creating much up front

Mickson

Reason why there tend to be fewer cards is so the players get to play a full 11 side. A more competitive match is better for learning. Thing is, it can lead to horrible tackles and those players need to learn proper discipline. Some of the tackles in the u23s are horrible. Reading match was a good example of how crap the officiating was.
I understand the thought about it. I just think it's counterproductive. It's part of a learning phase to play against 10 men as well, and young players need to learn that it's consequences to actions.