U23s - Manchester United vs Newcastle

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Will Greenwood be back with the u18s now we have a game this weekend?

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
anyone with a working stream, usual ones dont work for me:(

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
VIP box is kind of working for me. Keeps stopping but I'm using phone on shitty train wifi. Might be better on a computer.
cant even start the stream there, some sort of manifest load error:nervous:

In Rainbows

Gomes and Barlow have been our best players. Kind of just running the game. Chong and Greenwood haven't been all that involved compared to usual.

buchansleftleg

I left at 3-1. First time I've ever left a game early. Sbragia needs to go

Gomez gets swamped in Midfield and either runs into cul de sacs or gives his team mates hospital passes. I'm not having a go at Gomez as such, just the Manager who keeps playing him there.

The defence get's caught in transition almost every time, again not going off at the players, they look disorganised.

We can't let Sbragia squander the talent now coming through from the u18's.

Last edited:

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
I know we joke about it, but he's coaching our best collective group in some time.
The only joke is how we managed to hire this bafoon. We have some massive talents and an incredibly strong side and he makes them look shit. I wonder with some backlash from fans would they actually do something.

If I was in Manchester then I'd bring the signs myself but unfortunately not. I tried to yell at him at Fulham but couldn't get close enough to him.

Fitchett

Went to the match tonight. We were like watching a Van Gaal team, plenty of possession, but mainly sideways and backwards passes, with very few attempts on goal. We had plenty of corners, but squandered every one. Newcastle didn't attack that much either, but when they did, it was with purpose and they breached our defence on four occasions. Regan Poole gave the ball away several times to put us under pressure, although credit to him for carrying on after taking a heavy knock and hitting the post late on with a 20 yards shot. This u-23 team would definitely benefit from a coach of McKenna's quality.

Based Adnan

How is it so painfully obvious that Sbragia is garbage yet he still has a job?

Jojo <3 Mou

The difference between how this U23 team and the UEFA Youth league team play is astounding. And weirdly enough they are made up of essentially the same players.

I'm not sure if this coach is getting the best from the players or preparing them for the first team.

deafepl

The difference between how this U23 team and the UEFA Youth league team play is astounding. And weirdly enough they are made up of essentially the same players.

I'm not sure if this coach is getting the best from the players or preparing them for the first team.
Nicky Butt and the academy said U23 league is not really important, they prefer to focus on the development of U19 and U18, their plan to develop a player , not just to win, that's why Gomes, Chong and Greenwood got promoted to U23 because they need to become more developed before they can be ready for the first team squad, If players are not in or around the first team by 20, 21, they won’t make it here.

Last edited:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The coach needs binning. Who the feck thought it was a good idea bringing him back?

Jojo <3 Mou

Nicky Butt and the academy said U23 league is not really important, they prefer to focus on the development of U19 and U18, their plan to develop a player , not just to win, that's why Gomes, Chong and Greenwood got promoted to U23 because they need to become more developed before they can be ready for the first team squad, If players are not in or around the first team by 20, 21, they won’t make it here.
I hope that his way works and I understand his reasoning. But personally, I think winning is an excellent way to build character and since our U19 are playing in the U23 teach them how to play well and how to win.

Bola

The goal has to be development, but the is certainly no harm in teaching players how to win.

For our u-23s winning is important this season to enable development. We need to win and get back in the top league for the development benefits of higher competition