U23s - Manchester United vs Norwich City

bdecuc

So according to Twitter Bernard's red card from last game has been rescinded and he can play in this game. So presumably that's a recognition that the ref messed up and incorrectly applied the rules of the game in giving a penalty and a red card for the one incident. So given that decision had a large bearing on the result of the match do we now get given an extra point or two as compensation? Mmmm.. probably not...

mattsville

Garner is such an effortless, confident and talented player, we are light in midfield, think we are going to see more of him this season in the 1st team.

Irrational.

Garner is such an effortless, confident and talented player, we are light in midfield, think we are going to see more of him this season in the 1st team.
How the feck we didn't see him against Rochdale simply blows my mind. Instead we risked a half-fit Pogba and he picked up a knock.

mattsville

How the feck we didn't see him against Rochdale simply blows my mind. Instead we risked a half-fit Pogba and he picked up a knock.
Just get him involved, throw in him, Greenwood and Gomes more regular and commit more players forward in attack, you seen on the tour there was a lot of cohesive football because they know each other's game, something might click, at least these extremely talented players are blooded and you can galvanize it with the Summer transfer window.

Madzik_92

If we can get Erik Ten Hag, then let him coach all these talented players that we have surely we can be a force again.

Thiagoal

Elanga is a far more dangerous player than Chong; would rather he got minutes in the cups!

BTW when did Traore get so good! Looks decent tonight

OohAahMartial

Elanga is a far more dangerous player than Chong; would rather he got minutes in the cups!

BTW when did Traore get so good! Looks decent tonight
Personally I've been very disappointed in Traore and Puigmal since they joined, they've looked no better than our local boys, not really sure why we bought them.

Mark Pawelek

So far this year, Chong played one U-23 match and scored 2 goals in it. Elanga played 3 full U-21 matches, plus a sub appearance, but scored no goals in them. Yet cafetards declare Elanga the better player! Elanga is 2 years younger than Chong. He may develop into a better player one day. Right now Chong is clearly the better player.

Mickson

Elanga isn't better than Chong. Personally, I've been a little bit disappointed with Elanga. No points so far in the U23, very wasteful at times. He has a lot of potential though and have been running our U18 team!

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
You think Chong has produced better for the U23’s than Elanga? Or you’ve never watched either play? I presume it’s the latter
Yeah, Chong was class for the U23s. Not to say Elanga isn’t a very good player in his own right. And the Limerick guy watches all the youth matches to be fair to him.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
With all the injuries currently wouldn't be surprised to see Elanga get a place on the bench for the 1st team on Monday.
Wouldn’t shock me considering how short we are, he’s had a very, very good start to the season.

Thiagoal

Nor is there a need to make stupid posts and yet this place is full of them. Maybe idiots will stop being idiots when they are called on their bullshit.
It’s a chat room for expressing opinions! If you can’t cope with people having different opinions to you then maybe you should give them a wide berth! No need being so rude and arrogant! I based my view on Elanga actually being able to dribble with the ball and always looking dangerous where as Chong looks like a rabbit in the headlights for the first team!

I hope they both progress in to top players but Chong really needs the spotlight taking off him for a while imo

freeurmind

weak willed
I think it's fair at this point to ask exactly what Jimmy Garner has to do to get Ole to give him a chance. I'd understand if those currently playing in midfield were doing superbly but that's far from the case. He's wasted in the U23s, he needs to be playing at a higher level. Either give him a chance in the first team or loan him out in January.

freeurmind

weak willed
It’s a chat room for expressing opinions! If you can’t cope with people having different opinions to you then maybe you should give them a wide berth! No need being so rude and arrogant! I based my view on Elanga actually being able to dribble with the ball and always looking dangerous where as Chong looks like a rabbit in the headlights for the first team!

I hope they both progress in to top players but Chong really needs the spotlight taking off him for a while imo
Massive gap between Division 2 of the U23s and Premier League football. As shown by Chong's struggles who dominated for the reserves last year. Ideally Chong should have gotten a loan somewhere in the Premiership or Championship to get some regular football but due to lack of options, he's needed as a backup for the first team. Elanga is miles away.

edcunited1878

I think it's fair at this point to ask exactly what Jimmy Garner has to do to get Ole to give him a chance. I'd understand if those currently playing in midfield were doing superbly but that's far from the case. He's wasted in the U23s, he needs to be playing at a higher level. Either give him a chance in the first team or loan him out in January.
He's not wasted in the 23s. He's been involved in the senior team and getting acclimated. He's a kid, still a teenager, 18 ffs. United only play two central midfielders. You really want to see a Garner and McTominay central midfield pairing in the Premier League? He may have been involved against Rochdale if Pogba didn't have to get some match fitness or if Jones didn't get subbed due to injury.

Garner will feature for the first team this year for sure. Probably during Europa League considering the league cup is away to Chelsea and United might be out of that competition rather quick

freeurmind

weak willed
He's not wasted in the 23s. He's been involved in the senior team and getting acclimated. He's a kid, still a teenager, 18 ffs. United only play two central midfielders. You really want to see a Garner and McTominay central midfield pairing in the Premier League? He may have been involved against Rochdale if Pogba didn't have to get some match fitness or if Jones didn't get subbed due to injury.

Garner will feature for the first team this year for sure. Probably during Europa League considering the league cup is away to Chelsea and United might be out of that competition rather quick
Yes Id rather see Garner than Matic or Fred or even Pereira. What happened to if you're good enough, you're old enough? He's miles better than everyone else on the pitch everytime I see him for the reserves, I think he's ready for the next step.

edcunited1878

Yes Id rather see Garner than Matic or Fred or even Pereira. What happened to if you're good enough, you're old enough? He's miles better than everyone else on the pitch everytime I see him for the reserves, I think he's ready for the next step.
He's ready for the next step, but throwing him into the deep end isn't going to work. Look how Mason and Angel have been integrated. Garner is next.

Also, Pereira and Garner don't play the same position. Matic hasn't been an issue. United converting chances into a goal and more than one goal is the biggest issue.