U23s - Manchester United vs West Brom

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Are we starting to mould him into a cm now?
Think that’s his position originally. A versatile player who can also play as a fullback as well as in the more attacking positions. Think CM is his best position though.

lysglimt

Scout
Never thought I would say this - but Bernard might actually be MOTM

top1whoisman

Scout
An important win coming back from 0-1 against a decent side. Kovar, Bernard, Ramazani and Puigmal the standout players for me.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I was in and out of the game, so I may be wrong here, but, to me, it seems Puigmal coming on was a game changer.

bushyzor

I thought Galbraith was fantastic in the second half. Our midfield really dominated their more experienced players. Also thought Taylor and Chong played well. Overall the fluidity of both our front line and midfield was excellent. A really good watch!

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Good win after conceding so early in the game.

mu4c_20le

Chong has nothing else to learn at that level. Needs a loan, or more first team minutes.

Yagami

Good post resistant
He really brought some tempo in our game, a convincing cameo.
I do like him. As I've said before, I unfortunately don't think he'll make it here, but I'd love to see him on Thursday. I'm pretty sure he'll be on the bench (w/ Galbraith) behind Levitt and Garner, though.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I know this is going to ruffle a few feathers, but how did Gomes do?
He was decent, kept on trying to open the defense but West Brom defended deep and compact. Brunt left his mark on him couple of times and he was bullied physically but he was everywhere, helped the defense, linked the attack. Misplaced many passes as the space wasn't there and also he had couple of decent chances to score.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Think both Gomes and Chong will sign new contracts shortly, then go out on loan for the 2nd half of the season. Based on absolutely nothing.

And I don't think the contract situation is affecting Gomes that much, more he's playing in a far better side and the onus isn't on him so much to be the creative spark as it had been for the previous 18 months or so, now it's shared between 4 or 5, he's still doing some tidy stuff but he's more likely to pass the ball off and make himself available to receive it again, than try and take everybody on, basically more a team-player.

So that's Gomes off to Bury for £25,000 in January then!

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Chong has nothing else to learn at that level. Needs a loan, or more first team minutes.
He’s not shone at 1st team level and looks overawed by playing there. A loan to another PL side( Norwich or Southampton ) or the Championship will either see him develop or regress

In Rainbows

Gomes unfortunately looks far away from the level required which is bad news for a contract extension. Think there is a bigger chance Chong will sign
I definitely think it is, he’s been a bit underwhelming this season.
What are you basing this on? It feels like you're using the last match and extrapolating that to the entire season. He's generally bossed the matches at u21-u23 level.

Bernard has been really good tonight, once again.
He's done well, but he doesn't have as much quality as his peers. If I think back to how Thorpe or Tuanzebe did at the same level, I struggle to see a path for him.

top1whoisman

Scout
What are you basing this on? It feels like you're using the last match and extrapolating that to the entire season. He's generally bossed the matches at u21-u23 level.

He's done well, but he doesn't have as much quality as his peers. If I think back to how Thorpe or Tuanzebe did at the same level, I struggle to see a path for him.
Nah I’ve watched more or less every U23 match, don’t think he has been on the same level as last season, bar a game or two. He should be doing better and better at that level if he wants to get more chances in the first team. Everyone has of course right to their opinion, that’s mine.

I agree, he’ll do well to have a career in Championship/League One.

In Rainbows

Nah I’ve watched more or less every U23 match, don’t think he has been on the same level as last season, bar a game or two. He should be doing better and better at that level if he wants to get more chances in the first team. Everyone has of course right to their opinion, that’s mine.

I agree, he’ll do well to have a career in Championship/League One.
He hasn't even played for the u23s all that much, and when he has he's done well. So you're basing this on his 4 starts this season when we're in December. My guess is you're being clouded by the first team performances.

top1whoisman

Scout
He hasn't even played for the u23s all that much, and when he has he's done well. So you're basing this on his 4 starts this season when we're in December. My guess is you're being clouded by the first team performances.
Basing it on all the 8 appearances this season. Fair enough he’s come back from being injured, but I still he hasn’t been as good as we know he can be.