U23s PL International Cup - Manchester United vs PSV

RedMachine03

Poster of Articles
At Leigh Sports Village
Kick off at 7pm
Live on MUTV

“It will be difficult,” Sbragia told MUTV. “PSV beat PSG, but Derby beat them. They play the usual way - a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 formation - and are technically very good. They knock it about but we've got enough to go out there and win the game.

”Against Derby, I felt we should have won it as we had enough chances, we were through one on one a couple of times, but I always felt Derby were maybe stronger than the two European teams. Derby got off to a good start but every game is difficult and it depends as we'll see what PSV bring. We'll play nearly enough the same team and give them the experience they need in Europe.

“The referees are maybe a bit more strict in this competition and pull up a lot of things that don't get pulled up in the English matches, but it's all fair and the officials always do their best.”

United are in the process of changing the personnel in the younger age groups, with more players set to follow Ethan Hamilton out of the club on loan. It means individual development is always more important than success at the Under-23 level, particularly in the physical Premier League 2 Division 2.

“I think football-wise, it's been good,” added Sbragia. “We're playing in the right manner and try to play from the back. We've been punished when the defending has been a bit slack, we know that.

”In general, though, I'm pleased with them as the results are not doing any justice to how we've played. Most teams look at us and probably have a height advantage. We know, on the physical side, teams tend to be very big and we always mention don't concede at corner-kicks but we missed Ethan. He fills that space and we lost another six-footer. So things like set-plays cause us a problem and, when teams are really direct, we have to deal with it, get on with it and pick up the second ball.

“In general, with the system we try to play, we encourage them as much as we can to play out. That might be taking risks at the back but we want them to take the ball in tight areas.”

PSV are likely to provide a different kind of test to the regular domestic opponents and one that should make for interesting viewing on Thursday night.

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/deta...-u23-international-cup-tie-with-psv-eindhoven

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Game seems to have ended 0-0, admittedly I couldn't be bothered watching tonight. Any decent performances?

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
I see sbragia's fave got subbed?
Who? Buffonge?

If so...yeah he wasn't having a good game. Decision making in final third was poor and running off the ball almost non-existent. He looked tiny compared to some of the bigger lads from PSV and just couldn't get into game.

The lack of a regular striker is really hurting this team.

We had 3/4 chances to score but spurned them.

Utdstar01

Who? Buffonge?

If so...yeah he wasn't having a good game. Decision making in final third was poor and running off the ball almost non-existent. He looked tiny compared to some of the bigger lads from PSV and just couldn't get into game.

The lack of a regular striker is really hurting this team.

We had 3/4 chances to score but spurned them.
Yeah I read he had a mixed game, at times looking our brightest player but wasteful as well. He's very small indeed, must be similar to Gomes? Was going to watch tonight but I saw the line-up and decided against it, that coupled with our u23s not being particularly great to watch of late.

Any ideas who's next to be loaned out from the u23s and those likely to be promoted?

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
Yeah I read he had a mixed game, at times looking our brightest player but wasteful as well. He's very small indeed, must be similar to Gomes? Was going to watch tonight but I saw the line-up and decided against it, that coupled with our u23s not being particularly great to watch of late.

Any ideas who's next to be loaned out from the u23s and those likely to be promoted?
I would say both Bohui and Ramazani when he came on both looked brighter...