U23s - West Brom vs Manchester United

corno_mufc

Tempted to go along to this.

Cannot find much in the way of build up and who is likely to be involved.

Similar to Tuesday night perhaps?

Kovar; Laird, Bernard, O’Connor, Williams; Garner, Levitt; Ramazani, Gomes (c), Chong; Mellor.

Subs: Fojticek, Ercolani, Tanner, Galbraith, McGhee, Puigmal, Traore

SeagullsfollowtheTrawler7

Tempted to go along to this.

Cannot find much in the way of build up and who is likely to be involved.

Similar to Tuesday night perhaps?
Would prefer to see at least Gomes promoted to Sundays first team squad rather than play for the u23's tonight. Think he deserves a squad role at least after pre season.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
It'll be nice to finally have another season where the U23s should be enjoyable to watch now that Sbragia's finally gone. We've an incredibly strong starting XI, even our bench has some nice depth to it.

lysglimt

Scout
I find it a bit strange that we have no proper goalscorer without Greenwood. And this has been a problem for a lot of seasons at United. We are the english version of Portugal!

AltiUn

Anyone got the line up? Can’t watch the match tonight.

RedMachine03

Poster of Articles
#MUAcademy Under-23s: #MUFC v West Brom (A) - Kovar; Laird, O'Connor, Bernard, Williams; Garner, Levitt; Puigmal, Galbraith, Ramazani; Mellor.
Subs: Fojticek, Ercolani, McGhee, Traore, Elanga.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Laird, O'Connor, Williams, Garner and Ramizani the ones I'm interested most

lysglimt

Scout
WBA :

Brad House - GK - 19 - picked up by WBA after being released by Arsenal in 2015.

Jack Fitzwater - CD - 20 - the most experienced player. 25 matches for Walsall last season
Max Melbourne - LB/CD - 19 - player 6 matches on loan with Partick Thistle last season
George Harmon - LB- - 18 - U18 captain last season
Dan Meredith - RB/CD - 19 - scottish defender who played 3 matches for Maidstone last season

Samuel Wilding - DM - 19 - captained the U23 side on occations last season
Finn Azaz - AM - 18 - goalscoring midfielder, been with the club for 10 years
Nicholas Clayton-Phillips - LW - 19 - on loan at Kidderminster last season
Stanley Asomugha - RW/ST - 17 - quick player who started at U18 but was moved to U23 last season

Jamie Soule - ST - 18 - local player who scored regularly at U18 and U23 last season
Rayhaan Tulloch - ST - 17 - youngest player on the pitch. England youth international

HJ12

Haven't seen much of Mellor. Anyone seen him play?

AltiUn

Haven't seen much of Mellor. Anyone seen him play?
Yeah, incredibly hard working and works well in a high press, he’s not a particularly brilliant player though.

Sea-Cow

Anyone have details on Elanga? I don't know anything about him but the highlights from a few of his goals (they're a few pages back) with Sweden this summer have stuck with me.

Zoo

1-0 United, Ramazani. What a pass from Garner.

OohAahMartial

Fortunately the picture held for the goal. Awesome pass, but amazing touch by Brandon Williams. I tell ya, Shaw had better watch out.

lysglimt

Scout
That must be the goal of the season. Garner with a superb cross, Williams takes it past his man on the volley and cuts it back to Ramazani who hammers it home. You can't score much nicer goals than that

Minkaro

Jamie Soule - ST - 18 - local player who scored regularly at U18 and U23 last season
Rayhaan Tulloch - ST - 17 - youngest player on the pitch. England youth international
I believe Liverpool were trying to get Tulloch recently.

lysglimt

Scout
Williams apart from that superb assist has actually been poor and sloppy

King Andow

That goal reminded me of Rooney's one vs Chelsea on UCL, that 1-0 at the Bridge. Carrick (Garner) > Giggs (Williams) > Rooney (Ramazani), only it was on the other corner.

Reactions: Rood

In Rainbows

Fortunately the picture held for the goal. Awesome pass, but amazing touch by Brandon Williams. I tell ya, Shaw had better watch out.
We have a lot of fullback talent at the club. O'Connor, Laird, and Williams to along with Dalot.

Great pass from Puigmal. I really like Puigmal's passing. Always has great weight to them.

lysglimt

Scout
2-0 Mellor - volleys home after a corner - levitt pulls it back for him. Scores from 20 yards.

In Rainbows

Good goal for Mellor. Puigmal's corners are really good. Also, Bernard has improved his distribution from the back.

Ace of Spades

We have a lot of fullback talent at the club. O'Connor, Laird, and Williams to along with Dalot.

Great pass from Puigmal. I really like Puigmal's passing. Always has great weight to them.
He has gone under the radar a bit, but he was highly rated as a top talent before we got him. His versatility is just another positive.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Excellent ball by Garner and a fantastic take from Williams to square it to Ramazani to finish with aplomb to make it 1-0.

D'mani Mellor makes it 2-0 and thus far things are looking very positive under Neil Wood.

Almost 3-0.

In Rainbows

Sbragia really was crap wasn't he? I mean, always said it, but this is just...

Woodzy

First time watching the reserves, really enjoying it.

This Ramazani guy looks good as well. Did he feature last year?

lysglimt

Scout
Almost 3-0. Ramazani avoids one challenge - and hammers it towards the far corner. Good save from Brad House. Probably been the best player on the pitch Ramazani.