U23s - West Brom vs Manchester United

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He has not proven anything as he has barely had a chance to play there. He played RB as he played there before joining us, and he is more versatile. He is just as talented as the rest.
He played midfield regularly in his first season here, that’s when he proved he wasn’t good enough, in my opinion. We only started playing him consistently at RB in December after Laird’s injury. And I’m not disputing that he played for RB before us, I know he did.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Big score in the offing here.

Loving the post-Sbragia era so far
Having a decent progressive coach is a huge help.

Why we gave sbragia the job in the first place is crazy. We’ve got the right choice now it seems.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Can’t ask for a better game to start the season, I thought West Brom usually had decent academy sides?

Ace of Spades

He played midfield regularly in his first season here, that’s when he proved he wasn’t good enough, in my opinion. We only started playing him consistently at RB in December after Laird’s injury. And I’m not disputing that he played for RB before us, I know he did.
Not nearly enough, and just because he did not hit the ground running in his first season in a new country and new club, does not prove he is any less talented than them.

Minkaro

Can’t ask for a better game to start the season, I thought West Brom usually had decent academy sides?
I believe they’ve lost a few coaches, and their better players. I know two have gone to Barca and City.

cj_sparky

Everything Garner does, just seems so effortless. It's unreal!:devil:

Vissy

Puigmal could eventually take Garner's spot in midfield if and when he gets more involved with the first team. By that time you'd hope at least one of Hoogewerf, Mejbri and Mejia have been promoted to the U23s for the RW.

Ace of Spades

Puigmal could eventually take Garner's spot in midfield if and when he gets more involved with the first team. By that time you'd hope at least one of Hoogewerf, Mejbri and Mejia have been promoted to the U23s for the RW.
Yeah, I am hoping Garner starts getting more chances in the team. I think he is ready to be given some playing time. Get some time in the cup competitions hopefully.

Vissy

Cup competitions I think he definitely gets minutes. Europa League as well given he keeps these performances up. With the structure in place now at the club there's no way a player performs like he does and nobody takes notice.

dutchred

Cup competitions I think he definitely gets minutes. Europa League as well given he keeps these performances up. With the structure in place now at the club there's no way a player performs like he does and nobody takes notice.
I don't want to go over the top but he reminds me a lot of Frankie de Jong in his early days at Ajax

Joseunited

Is the team set up in a similar way to the first team?
4231.fullbacks bombing forward.Quick inside forwards,James Garner doing so much better than Matic controlling the midfield from deep and the pressure put on WBA when they didn't have the ball was amazing to watch.

The keeper was impressive aswell last night, never booted the ball upfield,he always played a short pass so that we played out from the back.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Garner is such a class act. Hopefully he will get some senior games this season.

Marnsky

This West Brom side is genuinely terrible.
Yes, but I'm sure Man Utd U23 this season is showing more promise already than they did last year under Sbragia. Mind you no Greenwood, Gomes and Chong. Exciting times!

Last edited by a moderator:

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
I believe last night was the first game in U-23s league this season?
Yeah this season, but we won 0-5 in the penultimate game of last season @ Newcastle and though Sbragia was the Manager he gave Neil Wood all the credit as it was him that had trained the team in the week building up to the game, selected the team and tactics, it was almost certainly what got him the Gig this season.

Cregagh 68

Yeah this season, but we won 0-5 in the penultimate game of last season @ Newcastle and though Sbragia was the Manager he gave Neil Wood all the credit as it was him that had trained the team in the week building up to the game, selected the team and tactics, it was almost certainly what got him the Gig this season.
Thanks for the info. Great start for Neil Wood.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
It was actually Neil Ryan he credited..