UAP - Unidentified Aerial Phenomenon

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Who knows, it's best to keep an open mind. Until there is hard evidence one way or the other. Maybe whatever "it" is, presuming it's real, will announce itself to us at some point. That would make things easier for us.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
How do you know they go to the trouble of doing any of that.
Because we would detect them otherwise.

How could we see their civilization? It could be in another galaxy, they might live on ships in space, who knows. Our ability to monitor things in space is pretty limited.
It would take a huge technological effort to totally hide yourself to the point that not a single detectable signal escaped. Anyone looking in at earth would see the equivalent of the New Year fireworks on Sydney Harbor.

How would we detect their travel to earth? I assume travel betwen solar systems would be at a speed and using technology that we couldn't detect even if we were looking for it.
So you are not only assuming there are aliens but that they are doing something impossible like travelling faster than the speed of light (but are then still to incompetent to continue to hide themselves once here)? I think we assume things we see in Science Fiction film and books are real or even possible.

How would we detect their entry into the atmosphere? Do we even watch for things like that? Thousands of things enter the atmosphere every year.
There is do much amateur and professional observation and monitoring that it beggars belief that we never ever spot anything.

I have no idea if these things flying around are of alien origin, I doubt it to be honest. But I also wouldn't rule out the possibility completely based on assumptions.
A bit like looking for God. You can't prove a negative but the utter lack of even one half convincing evidence is highly suggestive. I wish it weren't so as I'd love for us to encounter alien life.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
I am not saying they are 100% aliens, no observer is stating that with certainty as well.I am saying they are actual objects , showing propulsion technology not yet known to exist on earth. It is always possible it has been developed in secret.
Some may well be objects but none are alien in origin. We can't even keep a Presidential blow job secret so keeping something this big secret just isn't possible.

oates

No one is a match for his two masters degrees
Scout
Supports
Arsenal
@Wibble is the voice of reason here. I'm not saying anything against him but I do want him to be wrong. All the same, I won't be able to shout "You were wrong, I was right".

But I would if I could. Some of you might be able to.

The Firestarter

Some may well be objects but none are alien in origin. We can't even keep a Presidential blow job secret so keeping something this big secret just isn't possible.
You are again making significant assumptions. It is absolutely possible the US military doesn't really know what these objects are. They can detect them at times, track them at times , until they speed up with their ultra high accelerations.

It is the same as if the US military flew jets and helicopters above a native tribe that has had no contact with the outside world. The technology gap is just far too big.

stevoc

Because we would detect them otherwise.
Through what means though? We are not by any metric an advanced civilization, we would not even rank type 1 on the Kardashev scale.

It would take a huge technological effort to totally hide yourself to the point that not a single detectable signal escaped. Anyone looking in at earth would see the equivalent of the New Year fireworks on Sydney Harbor.
Assuming of course that they emit signals that we could detect or even recognize from across the galaxy.

So you are not only assuming there are aliens but that they are doing something impossible like travelling faster than the speed of light (but are then still to incompetent to continue to hide themselves once here)? I think we assume things we see in Science Fiction film and books are real or even possible.
I'm not assuming anything mate that was the point of my post. Also there are many scientists who think there are ways of travelling faster than light that are theoretically possible.

https://www.popularmechanics.com/science/a35718463/scientists-say-physical-warp-drive-is-possible/

If there potentially was another intelligent civilization out there, capable of traversing the galaxy. Then they are likely tens of thousands if not millions of years older than our civilization, in that scenario who knows what scientific breakthroughs they have made.

There is do much amateur and professional observation and monitoring that it beggars belief that we never ever spot anything.
You assume.

A bit like looking for God. You can't prove a negative but the utter lack of even one half convincing evidence is highly suggestive. I wish it weren't so as I'd love for us to encounter alien life.
Is anyone looking for God though?

I don't think we will encounter alien life in our lifespans. I have no idea if there are intelligent aliens species out there. But there is almost certainly life on other planets that we will encounter in the future if we colonize the galaxy.

luke511

I don't know but it would likely be emitting all sorts of detectable signals.
It depends. If the technology/satellite/drone is capable of entering our atmosphere and then exiting back from where it came from, maybe the normal practice would be to have a stealth mode whilst in the vicinity of Earth, there would be no need to send any signals until it's on the other side of the solar system. The potential lengths taken to stay out of reach shouldn't be underestimated.

Lynty

Although it is all interesting, I'm yet to see anything that convinces me that there are any flying objects at all. Half the time it looks like insects on the lenses or glare/optical effects.

I think USS Nimitz and USS Theodore Roosevelt incidents are considered to be the strongest pieces of evidence - and all we have to go off is grainy infrared footage (even though the pilot who recorded the footage didn't personally see anything).

I put more credibility in the witness statements from professionals such as Alex Dietrich who had obviously been dispatched to investigate something. But she's flying 100mph+. Som

luke511

Although it is all interesting, I'm yet to see anything that convinces me that there are any flying objects at all. Half the time it looks like insects on the lenses or glare/optical effects.

I think USS Nimitz and USS Theodore Roosevelt incidents are considered to be the strongest pieces of evidence - and all we have to go off is grainy infrared footage (even though the pilot who recorded the footage didn't personally see anything).

I put more credibility in the witness statements from professionals such as Alex Dietrich who had obviously been dispatched to investigate something. But she's flying 100mph+. Som
I'd put this at the top in terms of footage -

There's also examples like these that are interesting -

The Firestarter

You are a bit mistaken. Chad Underwood was dispatched to investigate, and he took the ATFLIR video later known as the tictac. Fravor and Dietrich along with their WSOs were part of the first contact.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Personally I still find this footage to be the most compelling:

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Given we eat everything it stands to reason aliens would want to eat us. How do you think they would most enjoy eating us?

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Can we have a poll please so history can judge us.

Lynty

Given we eat everything it stands to reason aliens would want to eat us. How do you think they would most enjoy eating us?
In a soup, seen as liquid water is so rare outside of earth.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Bottom line is until you’ve seen one yourself you won’t believe in aliens all that kind of stuff. I myself seen one and very close 30 years ago. No drones back then so it had to be alien or from another time. No other logical explanation exists for what I seen given it was 30 yrs ago.
Looking at grainy video or even clear video still won’t convince people that whatever they’re lookin at is of alien nature. So until one lands or shows itself to the masses this argument will go on forever.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Bottom line is until you’ve seen one yourself you won’t believe in aliens all that kind of stuff. I myself seen one and very close 30 years ago. No drones back then so it had to be alien or from another time. No other logical explanation exists for what I seen given it was 30 yrs ago.
Looking at grainy video or even clear video still won’t convince people that whatever they’re lookin at is of alien nature. So until one lands or shows itself to the masses this argument will go on forever.
Come on then, don’t leave us hanging, what did you see!?

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Come on then, don’t leave us hanging, what did you see!?
In the am-around 2-3 am. So it was a triangle with lights on tips. Totally silent swaying over the treetops moving about 5-10 mph. I was frozen behind a tree and watched it as far as I could. About 30 ft in length.
the very next week I was in a car with a few friends at a lake when one of them got a little skittish claiming he had seen a weird triangle hovering over the lake the previous week, the same night I saw the triangle.
All month there were strange vehicles in town. Kind of like a white rv/ bus looking thing antennas ect cruising around.

nimic

something nice
Scout
In the am-around 2-3 am. So it was a triangle with lights on tips. Totally silent swaying over the treetops moving about 5-10 mph. I was frozen behind a tree and watched it as far as I could. About 30 ft in length.
the very next week I was in a car with a few friends at a lake when one of them got a little skittish claiming he had seen a weird triangle hovering over the lake the previous week, the same night I saw the triangle.
All month there were strange vehicles in town. Kind of like a white rv/ bus looking thing antennas ect cruising around.
So you saw a large kite?

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Cool recollection, I’d never doubt it. Sounds like there must have been something strange for the follow up of weird vehicles.

About twenty years ago I seen two strange lights above a mountain at night, they were in the distance, just one at first moving back and for the sky about a foot above the mountain top from where I was, then the second light appeared and they both went. I can’t recall clearly what happened but I remember thinking how strange it was at the time not knowing what they were.

luke511

Optical illusion of some sort would be my guess. Not this specifically but ....

I also find it suspicious that aliens only like a few countries.

It flies through the cloud line at a high speed, this rules out parallax effect.

Also the source of the data used for that graphic in the second video is from nuforc, they hardly get any submissions from outside of USA. Data from MUFON would paint a more accurate picture.

Last edited:

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
It flies through the cloud line at a high speed, this rules out parallax effect.
It is some sort of optical illusion thought. People's need for aliens to be involved makes them seem more convincing in their minds. UFOlogy seems to have many aspects of religion to it to me.

luke511

It is some sort of optical illusion thought. People's need for aliens to be involved makes them seem more convincing in their minds. UFOlogy seems to have many aspects of religion to it to me.
You're going to have to do a better job explaining, what do you mean?

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
You're going to have to do a better job explaining, what do you mean?
It either isn't real or it is something real that you can't explain but likely some sort of optical phenomenon. But that doesn't mean that can't explain = aliens.

Last edited:

luke511

It either isn't real or it is something real that you can't explain = aliens.
No, it's an example of a UFO displaying unconventional behaviour therefore an interesting case, I haven't once said it was aliens.