UEFA Champions League Quarter-final Draw | Man City v Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
At first I was conflicted on who I wanted to win this game, now, after reading that pile of cringeworthy drivel above, I want City to batter 'em.

Coops73

I stopped reading that shite a few lines in but my preference would be for City to win the CL if it came down to either or but my feeling is that it might be better for the bin dippers to win over the 2 legs against City and then I honestly think they’ll struggle against the likes of Real or Bayern because they’re a little (not a lot where Real are concerned) less inclined to go toe to toe with Liverpool in an attacking sense making it harder for Liverpool to counter but I think Real, Bayern and even Barca could struggle against shitty.

I’m probably talking bollocks but that’s my take on it.

Raw

In terms of big games in the PL this season City have 8 wins and 1 loss, scoring 22 and conceding 7 in 9 games. Meanwhile Liverpool have 2 wins, 4 draws and 3 losses in the big games this season with 16 scored and 20 conceded. So with that it looks like Liverpool are more likely to get knocked out by the big guns, with their defence and midfield letting them down.

It's still tough though, Liverpool just seem to have a tendency to get through these things somehow. Whatever happens has its own positives and negatives so I'm almost on the fence, but if I had to choose it'd be City.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I liked that piece

Iirc pirlo never played at anfield though

Stocar

It's going to be difficult for Liverpool with City's midfield tonight. Also, D. Silva and G. Jesus were big missings in the last game at Anfield, as they are essential for City in tougher games.

OneFootball

Supports
Liverpool
I stopped reading that piece halfway.

I would like to read the riposte from the same writer if City stuffs them and their damned anthem.
Why did you start in the first place. I didn’t and I’m a supporter. All that sh1t counts for nothing when the whistle goes and then its up to how Klopp has prepared the team, how the team perform and how it is supported from the stands. And even all that may not be enough to beat City tonight let alone over two legs.
People on all sides getting very edgy as game draws near. Hope its a good one and I hope we have a performance ot match the occasion. Can’t ask for more!

1Manchester

Supports
Manchester City
My heart goes out to you, not knowing which world class player to rest and which one to play!
In all seriousness (in the case of City), once to get past the first team and have a good look at the second team, the number of world class players in that XI is a lot lower than with the first team (1). In fact only Jesus, Gündoğan and B.Silva can really be described as world class.

So despite what some like to think, we don't exactly have a boatload of world class players (despite our record this season) in our team, otherwise we would have not struggled thoughout large parts in the second half of the PL campaign and thoughout the League Cup nor would we have lost to Wigan in the FA Cup, Basel in the CL and of course Liverpool at Anfield.

(1) and in several cases, there are simply no proper options there at all...

Our problem at the moment is which youth player to select in order to fill the bench quota for tonight!
To be fair, you are not exactly sort of youth players within the senior team (1). For me the real issues is with the midfield, the goalkeepers, the backup attackers (i.e the ones besides the main 3) and of course the defence.

(1) And if not, there are always Everton's youths for the taking. After all their faults Liverpool FC have been very good in obtaining the best youth talent in Merseyside, even if they support the blue half of the city.

By comparison, what you have is a Champagne Problem !!!:smirk:
It's a real problem regardless, unless you're a club with all the ambitions of the Arsenal or worse, Newcastle, Sunderland, Blackpool and Coventry (1).

(1) All of wholm's fan's deserve much, much better owners/boards that what they have to put up with, no matter where they are in the leagues.

Tough times. How you must miss the heady days in the third tier of English football when you took 300000 loyal fans to the away game at Stockport County. ;)
It's those days in League One (and more besides) which has motviated me to demand my club to aim higher and always improve no matter how well (or not) we perform in any given season. Because once you stop doing that as a club, then that is when you end up making stupid decisions that result in you ending up in League One in the first place. In fact speaking of Stockport County themsevles, there is no better of example this than their sad decline in the last 20 years or so.

Your oil money should help
Not if we cannot spend it in the first place (FFP) or are unwilling to spend it (not bypassing FFP or getting Sanchez and Dybala).

Chiken138

Supports
FC Bayern München
Pep 352 closing the midfield and 3 defenders to take control

Status
Not open for further replies.