UEFA Champions League Quarter-final Draw | Man City v Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberman

Liverpool to go through since City are better equipped for Bayern, Barca, Madrid / Juve?

Sandyman

What a shit draw. Wanted both Liverpool and Man City out in this round.

alsabi

Interestingly Sevilla got the exact same draw as United did the last time we made the quarter-finals - Bayern, with the first leg at home.

Judas

Open to offers
City will play:
Everton away
Liverpool away - CL
ManUtd home
Liverpool home - CL
Spurs away

All these games in 14-15 days.
That's what you want at that point of the season, I wish it was us facing that nightmare. They'll clinch the title and reach the semi finals of the CL in that period.

Schneckerl

Sure it will be entertaining, but still a rather weak draw for a neutral...

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
City will play:
Everton away
Liverpool away - CL
ManUtd home
Liverpool home - CL
Spurs away

All these games in 14-15 days.
I guess City won't win the league against United then, Pep has been known to rest his players in the league ahead of CL knock out games.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Playing at Anfield first sucks, we might edge it but city will get the away goals they need to take back to etihad. Shit draw for us if I’m honest.

enigmista

Supports
Juventus
Eliminating Real only to lose it again will be so painful.

NK86

Seeing this draw brings back Tuesday night horror show in my mind. Feck it. Don't care abt CL this season. Don't care who wins as long as it's not the dippers or the bitters. Would rather Sevilla win, at least we can then say we got out to the CL champs. However Bayern will tear them a new one and then some.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Liverpool were never winning it though, City are the ones that need to be stopped.
People said that in 2005. Just think of how you feel when they hold up five fingers. Imagine them winning a sixth European Cup?

Had the Scousers got a weaker team they'd be on their way to the semis and from there anything can happen. I'm glad they got City. Either way one of the two of them is going out.

Kapardin

City vs Liverpool is great. Atleast one of them is eliminated.

Hopefully City go through.

Juventus vs Madrid is tasty.

We should have gotten a memorable tie against Bayern. Feck Mourinho.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
People said that in 2005. Just think of how you feel when they hold up five fingers. Imagine them winning a sixth European Cup?
Most of them will still only need to use one hand.

VanGaalEra

Just hope Barca/Bayern and Real progress from the other ties. Leaves either City/Pool with a really tough SF task.

Canagel

Playing at Anfield first sucks, we might edge it but city will get the away goals they need to take back to etihad. Shit draw for us if I’m honest.
Playing 1st leg at home is actually an advantage if you win the game. The other team have to then chase it and you get even more opportunities at the other end. Even a draw in the 1st game is a decent result. Never understood why 2nd leg home is made to be a big advantage. It doesn't really matter if anything 1st leg at home is better because the away team are under pressure for away goals.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
14 points lead now comes so handy for city. I am sure Pep is least bothered about Derby or league matches now.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Obviously Juventus to knock out Real :drool:
I know you jest but its basically inevitable that Madrid, being so far behind Barca, will give up on La Liga and focus everything on the European Cup. Wouldn't be surprised to see Madrid win it again.

Hamadovich86

Bayern will absolutely decimate Sevilla, Mourinho should watch so he can see how it should be done. Barca are as good as through, simply too much quality (Messi) on their side. I'm surprised people are writing off Juventus against Madrid, its in the finals where they usually bottle it but in the knockout stages they've been hard to beat.

Scousers vs Citeh will be entertaining to watch but I wanted them both out. I cant bare the thought of either of them winning it.

VanGaalEra

Perfect draw IMO, the big hitters will all be there to knock City or Pool out in the semis.

Status
Not open for further replies.