UEFA Champions League Quarter-final Draw | Man City v Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

IAmAWinner

Obviously scripted draw, it's important for UEFA to have big semi final matches

piesel

Juve will be without Pjanic and Benatia in the first match (suspended) and Cuadrado and Bernardeschi will not be available due to injury, don't see chances for them.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Liverpool-supporting mates already crying about "fixed draws" saying that UEFA clearly wants an El Clasico final or for either of the two big Spanish teams to play City.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Bayern and Barcelona should go through comfortably, City and Madrid will be favourites but I won't be that surprised if one of them fails to qualify.

Sparky Rhiwabon

The good news - one of City or Liverpool are definitely going out :)
The bad news - one of City or Liverpool are definitely going through to the semis :(

Nedved

Juve will be without Pjanic and Benatia in the first match (suspended) and Cuadrado and Bernardeschi will not be available due to injury, don't see chances for them.
Real Madrid have been eliminated in all their four two-legged UCL ties against Juventus, the last in 2015. :cool:

RoyH1

Bayern and Barsa as good as through. The other 2 games are closer to call, but City and Madrid part as favorites.

At least England is now guaranteed a CL semifinal spot.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Juve-Real aside, it's not great for the neutral. Does set up some very tasty semi-finals though, which are often the 4 best games of the season.
That's the thing. Tasty quarters increases the chances of uninspiring semis or final.

I'm looking forward to City and the Scousers knocking the shite out of each other.

overrated 92's

see City going through, and I give them a 50/50 chance of making it into the final, that's why, for the firt time in my life, I hope the dippers win the tie, as I give them zero chance IF the other sides do their jobs properly.

Ban

Liverpool-supporting mates already crying about "fixed draws" saying that UEFA clearly wants an El Clasico final or for either of the two big Spanish teams to play City.
On the other hand it is strange Barcelona and Madrid are never ever drawn together in the last 16 and the quarters and only once I think in the SF.

Trikie

Supports
Liverpool
Nah not calling fix but typical that in a draw of eight teams where nearly 50% of the teams are Spanish they all manage to avoid each other

Number1

Worst possible draw for City, think if any team are capable of knocking them out it's Liverpool as they will just go toe to toe with them.

Last edited:

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Free wins for Bayern and Barca.

I'd give my hopes for the City - Liverpool match, but I'm still deciding which tag is better: City lover or Scouse lover.

Feck it, I hope 'pool go through.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Just stuck a bet on Bayern to win it this year. They seem to be going under the radar this season, hitting form at the perfect time and have had lady luck on their side since coming second in their group.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Worst possible draw for City, think if any team are capable of knocking them out it's Liverpool as they will just go toe to toe with them.

United should have had a easyish (as far as Champions League is concerned) route to the semi-final, Roma in the quarters, couldn't wish for a better draw than that.
We would have got Bayern?

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Juve-Real aside, it's not great for the neutral. Does set up some very tasty semi-finals though, which are often the 4 best games of the season.
Us vs City is a great match for the neutral in my opinion. Maybe not in terms of the names on show or perceived stature, but for pure attacking football, it should be a lot of fun.

I actually like the draw :D Pressure is pretty much all on City, but we know we can beat em.

izec

Just stuck a bet on Bayern to win it this year. They seem to be going under the radar this season, hitting form at the perfect time and have had lady luck on their side since coming second in their group.
My guess too. Seems the stars are lining up for them this year.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Nah not calling fix but typical that in a draw of eight teams where nearly 50% of the teams are Spanish they all manage to avoid each other
It's much more likely for them to avoid eachother than it would be for them to play against eachother

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
The quarter-final fixtures have been confirmed:

First legs
3 April: Sevilla v Bayern, Juventus v Real Madrid
4 April: Barcelona v Roma, Liverpool v Man. City

Second legs
10 April: Roma v Barcelona, Man. City v Liverpool
11 April: Bayern v Sevilla, Real Madrid v Juventus

izec

Barca, Bayern, Real, City.

Was never more easy to predict the outcome

The semi finals will be tasty though.

mehdimike

Supports
Real Madrid-Roma
Very boring draw for the neutrals. Even Juve vs Real seems boring to me. But surely there will be epic semi-final matches.

Last edited by a moderator:

Number1

It's not a fix, but sometimes makes you wonder, when English clubs dominated Champions League like they did in the mid to late 00's, 3 English clubs regularly in the Champions League semi-finals, UEFA kicked up a fuss, they've not done it with the recent success of the Spanish teams.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
A bit disappointing.Not too excited about our tie,mainly because we played against Juve some months ago.Luckily the second match is in Madrid, although It wasn't enough the last time.
As Peyroteo said...
I've watched enough CL draws to know Madrid, Barcelona, City and Bayern will all avoid eachother

Infra-red

Us vs City is a great match for the neutral in my opinion. Maybe not in terms of the names on show or perceived stature, but for pure attacking football, it should be a lot of fun.

I actually like the draw :D Pressure is pretty much all on City, but we know we can beat em.
I think it will be a good couple of games, but it is somehow less interesting when it's two sides who play regularly and know each other well.

VanGaalEra

Liv/City on the Wednesday, our derby on the Saturday. I assume the Pool/Eve game gets brought forward to the Saturday.

Will mean:

Wedensday: Liverpool vs City
Saturday: United vs City and Everton vs Liverpool
Tuesday: City vs Liverpool.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Guaranteed English club in the semi finals?

It’s almost like they need to maintain English interest due to BT paying £400m a season to show European games?

I expect City to go through comfortably. Liverpool are poor defensively. City have a big advantage with the second leg at home.

Barcelona, Bayern, Real Madrid should also go through. Almost like every year eh?

Last edited by a moderator:

TheReligion

Abusive

And they know they can beat you..

Interesting tie over two legs.

Delighted they'll not be an all English final. One of you to go out now, the next in the semis. Hopefully.

AshRK

The quarter-final fixtures have been confirmed:

First legs
3 April: Sevilla v Bayern, Juventus v Real Madrid
4 April: Barcelona v Roma, Liverpool v Man. City

Second legs
10 April: Roma v Barcelona, Man. City v Liverpool
11 April: Bayern v Sevilla, Real Madrid v Juventus
So city v. United surely getting played on the Saturday then. We should be beating city but knowing Jose he will play safe and lose making the Sevilla loss even more frustrating. The only way the Sevilla loss would be somewhat forgiven and forgotten is if we don't let city win the title at etihad.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Don't care much about this except that Liverpool hopefully out now and City out in the semis.

Alabaster Codify7

At least one of these teams won't be winning the CL. Both could win it, IMO, sadly. As their game-plan involves out-scoring the opposition and that can happen in a 'perfect storm' situation.

I'll take City over two legs. I reckon they might lose at Anfield again but win comfortably at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.