UEFA Euro 2020 Main Draw

PoTMS

Friendly reminded that the deadline for application for tickets is in two hours
Do you know how I apply for England tickets without being a England Supporters Travel Club member?

Can't even apply for general sales ticket. It just asks me to login time and time again.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Do you know how I apply for England tickets without being a England Supporters Travel Club member?

Can't even apply for general sales ticket. It just asks me to login time and time again.
You need to register an account at uefa.com.

PoTMS

You need to register an account at uefa.com.
I've got an account. I went to Euro 2016 and Nations League. It logs me in and then logs me straight out when I get to the general sales ticket part. Must be just me.

Red Star One

Yes you can! Sorry for late reply but there’s still time. Try another browser, I had this issue as well

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
FA's professional opinion. Read the news.
You bump a thread making claims without any sources. Perhaps provide the link with your bump. I read plenty of news and haven't seen anything about this. FIFA wants to host the World Cup during flu season. This isn't any different except we've got social media ignorance causing panics. FA doesn't have a professional opinion and as for the news, I've only seen that UEFA is monitoring the situation which practically means nothing besides they don't literally have their heads in the sand.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Don't think it's unrealistic for it to be postponed. Loads of asian sporting events are currently being postponed. Asian Champions league looks pretty nailed on to be postponed soon. Asia is obviously harder hit than europe but with Italian leagues being closed doors currently, it's not unrealistic that other top leagues could follow suit if it spreads. A few top leagues behind closed doors, it would be hard for it to go ahead.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Don't think it's unrealistic for it to be postponed. Loads of asian sporting events are currently being postponed. Asian Champions league looks pretty nailed on to be postponed soon. Asia is obviously harder hit than europe but with Italian leagues being closed doors currently, it's not unrealistic that other top leagues could follow suit if it spreads. A few top leagues behind closed doors, it would be hard for it to go ahead.
Yeah but do we really expect one of the most corrupt and possibly most powerful sports federations in the world to give about any other flying feck than making the numbers work. If they ll lose money by postponing- it won't be. They certainly have shown to not give a crap about what I. E. the English FA in particular thinks about anything.

saivet

Any idea what Belgium's likely starting 11 would be? Surprised Witsel is in the squad as he's been injured for most of the year and still isn't back but I suppose they don't have a decent fall back option, similar to England with Henderson who I expect to be in the squad.

Ramos

Any idea what Belgium's likely starting 11 would be? Surprised Witsel is in the squad as he's been injured for most of the year and still isn't back but I suppose they don't have a decent fall back option, similar to England with Henderson who I expect to be in the squad.
Courtois

Alderweireld Denayer Vertonghen

Meunier (or Castagne) --- Tielemans --- KDB --- Thorgan (or Carrasco)

Mertens -- Lukaku -- Eden

Witsel might not even play the GS. If squads weren't 26 players this time around, he probably wouldn't be in it.

JuveGER

Supports
Juventus
Provisional Italy squad:

Goalkeepers: Alessio Cragno (Cagliari), Gianluigi Donnarumma (Milan), Alex Meret (Napoli), Salvatore Sirigu (Torino);

Defenders: Francesco Acerbi (Lazio), Alessandro Bastoni (Inter), Cristiano Biraghi (Fiorentina), Leonardo Bonucci (Juventus), Giorgio Chiellini (Juventus), Giovanni Di Lorenzo (Napoli), Alessandro Florenzi (Paris Saint Germain), Manuel Lazzari (Lazio), Gianluca Mancini (Roma), Leonardo Spinazzola (Roma), Rafael Toloi (Atalanta);

Midfielders: Nicolò Barella (Inter), Gaetano Castrovilli (Fiorentina), Bryan Cristante (Roma), Manuel Locatelli (Sassuolo), Lorenzo Pellegrini (Roma), Matteo Pessina (Atalanta), Stefano Sensi (Inter), Marco Verratti (Paris Saint Germain);

Strikers: Andrea Belotti (Torino), Domenico Berardi (Sassuolo), Federico Bernardeschi (Juventus), Federico Chiesa (Juventus), Vincenzo Grifo (Freiburg), Ciro Immobile (Lazio), Lorenzo Insigne (Napoli), Moise Kean (Paris Saint Germain), Matteo Politano (Napoli), Giacomo Raspadori (Sassuolo).

+ Jorginho and Emerson Palmieri.

Not a bad squad. Probably lacks some superstar players, but there are very good players on almost all positions and many positions with a lot of depth (particularly midfield).

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
I hadn't realised England have been given a bye to the last 16 :eek:
If England finish second in their group, they are facing Poland or Sweden (pretty doable for them) in round of 16, but then they will be facing Germany,France or Portugal in QF.
If they finish third(which is a risky bet) they are most likely facing Spain or Belgium on the other side of the bracket

There is no easy fixture for England, time to man up.

BTW When was the last time England eliminated a strong side in a knock out match?

Seems like they will have a hard time.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
If England finish second in their group, they are facing Poland or Sweden (pretty doable for them) in round of 16, but then they will be facing Germany,France or Portugal in QF.
If they finish third(which is a risky bet) they are most likely facing Spain or Belgium on the other side of the bracket

There is no easy fixture for England, time to man up.

BTW When was the last time England eliminated a strong side in a knock out match?

Seems like they will have a hard time.
Good question... case for Colombia in the last world cup?

Before that though, probably not since Netherlands in 96!

They have beaten Argentina (WC 02) and Germany (EU 00), but they were both in group stages.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
Good question... case for Colombia in the last world cup?

Before that though, probably not since Netherlands in 96!

They have beaten Argentina (WC 02) and Germany (EU 00), but they were both in group stages.
The win against Netherlands in Euro 96 was in group stage, but they eliminated a good Spain side (even though not considered a top team yet) in Quarter Finals, and then they lost to Germany on penalties.
Probably that was the best England side i remember in an Euro, Gascoigne and Shearer were phenomenal in the tournament.
Btw Gareth Southgate missed the penalty that gave Germany the victory to advance to the final.

I feel like England have wasted many chances to reach a Final or Semifinal when they had the quality to advance further.

In Euro 96,WC 98,Euro 2004, and WC 2006...England was eliminated on penalties by sides that were no better than them(they were at least on the same level).
Seems like they are cursed with the penalty shoot-out.

P.D Colombia in 2018 could count also.

Ludens the Red

England will be playing one of Germany, Portugal or France in the Round of 16 in Dublin.

...... oh boy
Only realised this a few days ago. Never realised how much the draw is a fecking mess. I feel like coefficients should have prevented the winner of our group facing the runner up of the Portugal/Germany/France group and we should have faced some third placed team in a shite group. Like the WC in 18 probably benefits us finishing second in the group.

RoyH1

Just got my mail from UEFA saying my tickets to Denmark vs Belgium in Parken are cancelled and I'm getting a refund.

I'm absolutely gutted. It was my boy's birthday present.

I understand and respect that the pandemic doesn't allow for full stadiums, but the way the draw was conducted and held in absolute darkness rubbed me the wrong way. I bet sponsor tickets don't get cancelled in the same way.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Just got my mail from UEFA saying my tickets to Denmark vs Belgium in Parken are cancelled and I'm getting a refund.

I'm absolutely gutted. It was my boy's birthday present.

I understand and respect that the pandemic doesn't allow for full stadiums, but the way the draw was conducted and held in absolute darkness rubbed me the wrong way. I bet sponsor tickets don't get cancelled in the same way.
I have yet to hear anything about my tickets for The Netherlands - Ukraine, but I've already sort of accepted the fact that it'l be canceled.

Ramos

France are absolutely stacked. Their 26 players for the euro's:

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
France are absolutely stacked. Their 26 players for the euro's:

The weakest side they could put out if they don't change formation...

Mandanda
Dubois Zouma Lenglet Digne
Rabiot Sissoko
Thuram Ben Yedder Lemar
Giroud

Still a crazy strong line up for international football that would likely beat most lower sides.

diarm

Still a crazy strong line up for international football that would likely beat most lower sides.
Let's be honest, they've left a couple of sides at home who would beat a lot of international teams.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
Are we sure the trio Mbappé - Benzema - Griezmann is going to work?

I mean Mbappé + Griezmann+Giroud is proved to work very well.
Benzema is a better player than Giroud, but Giroud always delivered for France.
Real football is not like PlayStation, when you just buy the best players in every position, and they instantly connect.