UEFA extend AWB ban to two games and reduce it back to one

big rons sovereign

Aah, city and rules being made up on the spot. Last season it was offside, this season it's leg breaker challenges.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The fact it’s taken two weeks makes me certain it was a reaction to the complaints about De Bruyne getting a yellow.
The decision is from the 23rd and was the first meeting since the 3rd.

Hughie77

1 difference and that's the Managers , Ole gets no respect whatsoever, St Pep gets the utmost, both tackles were nearly identical, VAR and UEFA . Need a long look again at the difference and give UTD an explanation!

Ibi Dreams

Not a conspiracy or anything, they just don't care and never have cared about applying rules consistently across the board.

Of course we can't expect all decisions in games to be consistent with each other, but when they are reviewing decisions and adding on extra penalties they could be. Why not give De Bruyne a one game suspension and say it was dangerous play that wasn't fully accounted for during the match?

yes I'm aware it's not possible to do that, but why not. they make their own rules

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
1 difference and that's the Managers , Ole gets no respect whatsoever, St Pep gets the utmost, both tackles were nearly identical, VAR and UEFA . Need a long look again at the difference and give UTD an explanation!
Why has everything got to revert back to Ole?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Not a conspiracy or anything, they just don't care and never have cared about applying rules consistently across the board.

Of course we can't expect all decisions in games to be consistent with each other, but when they are reviewing decisions and adding on extra penalties they could be. Why not give De Bruyne a one game suspension and say it was dangerous play that wasn't fully accounted for during the match?

yes I'm aware it's not possible to do that, but why not. they make their own rules
As far as I know in Football, it's currently not possible. Everything is based on match reports, if the referee states that he saw the action and acted on it then that's it, though the referee can state that he has doubts which can open a review but with VAR I imagine that this option is nowadays less likely.

Red00012

He won’t lose any sleep wondering will he get his RB place back against Atalanta

ArjenIsM3

Well, at least Dalot will get a chance to prove himself. He's done alright the last few games. He offers more of an attacking threat than AWB so it could even make us less lopsided. But maybe this is all just wishful thinking on my part and he'll regress into the pre-Italy Dalot.
Yeap. :lol:

United Hobbit

Yet KDB doesn't even get a red for a far worse, more likely to break a leg, not even touching the ball tackle

Yep, figures....

Kag

So this is a problem.

We might as well just not play a right back at all. We’ve managed it for 45 minutes so far.

spiriticon

Dalot will be fine in European competition but come on, show a bit of consistency with KDB.
I take it all back and repent my sins.

Dalot will NOT be fine for any sort of match, never mind European competition. Feck UEFA.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
I'm usually not one for fielding players out of position, but we should consider going with a flat back four and playing one of our CBs there in the next CL match.

Devil may care

I actually thought a straight red like that was a 3 game ban so it's actually better news than i thought.

BorisManUtd

We got lucky tonight but it won't repeat against Atalanta if Dalot doesn't play MUCH better in that game and I highly doubt that'll happen, he's just not good enough. So perhaps a different formation, with 3 at the back or something like that could help us in that game because otherwise we're fecked.

swedishgloryhunter

I'm usually not one for fielding players out of position, but we should consider going with a flat back four and playing one of our CBs there in the next CL match.
Lindelöf could do the job there, Bailly and Varane as cb. Would not want the experiment with Bailly on RB again.

Dalot will get slaughtered if hes played there again, Telles is doing the same mistakes each game.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
No need to panic too much about this suspension. Dalot was quite good tonight, just not the best defensively. And he didn't add much to the attack either.

patter

2 games for AWB is too much, compared with Kevin De Bruyne's yellow card.

arnie_ni

No need to panic too much about this suspension. Dalot was quite good tonight, just not the best defensively. And he didn't add much to the attack either.
None of this post makes sense.

Quite good yet not the best defensively and didn't add much to the attack?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Was absolute stupidity to extend the ban in the first place.