UEFA Super Cup 2020 - Bayern Munich v Sevilla (8pm UK time)

Bazi

Supports
Bayern Munich
This game would have been a lot different with Davies in the starting eleven.

Bazi

Supports
Bayern Munich
Give us those long balls to Süle all night long.

Bazi

Supports
Bayern Munich
Someone has to tell Davies that hte goal is to win 2-1 and not give the ball away in an attempt to make it 3-1...

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Lewandowski's not been himself in these last to games.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Lewandowski's not been himself in these last to games.
Only watched the last bit of normal time and extra time, but you have to admit Sevilla are a nightmare to play against, very organised, relentless, constant play acting and trying to influence the ref. Thought Lewa worked very hard and that scuff at the end was a clear foul by the defender which puts him off.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Only watched the last bit of normal time and extra time, but you have to admit Sevilla are a nightmare to play against, very organised, relentless, constant play acting and trying to influence the ref. Thought Lewa worked very hard and that scuff at the end was a clear foul by the defender which puts him off.
Yeah, Sevilla are the ultimate tournament team, awful to play against. But while Lewy's always working hard, he's been really sloppy for his standards today and against Schalke.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Well, that was some intense stuff. Pretty good supercup entertainment.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Yeah, Sevilla are the ultimate tournament team, awful to play against. But while Lewy's always working hard, he's been really sloppy for his standards today and against Schalke.
Missed the Schalke match, but like I said, that finish at the end should have been a pen (ref was shite, but it's probably very difficult to ref a Sevilla game). Set up the goal too.

RooneyLegend

Kimmich must be the most overrated Bayern player ever. To think many on this forum think he's the best midfielder in the world or as good/better than Thiago. Someone even dared to mention him in the same breath as Bastian Schweinsteiger. What's he actually amazing at? What am I missing?

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Kimmich must be the most overrated Bayern player ever. To think many on this forum think he's the best midfielder in the world or as good/better than Thiago. Someone even dared to mention him in the same breath as Bastian Schweinsteiger. What's he actually amazing at? What am I missing?
You have a weird hate boner for him.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If you can't see it why bother?

He is literally good at everything, the only weakness he has is speed but he's quick enough.

He can tackle, pass, shoot, cross, has amazing stamina.. I don't really understand what you don't like about him?

Wayne's World

But he is better then Thiago?

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
It wasn't his best game, especially going forward. But he was good i thought.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Anthony Taylor's one of England's poorer referees for European/international matches. I'm actually surprised that he gets to ref those matches.
Well, bless him. That was a really bad performance and I was surprised that VAR wasn’t consulted at least twice (the disallowed goal where he saw a foul from Lewandowski and the possible penalty on Lewandowski in the dying minutes).

Lagger

Supports
FC Bayern
I just don't get it. Tend to be that way with players who's rumored level I just don't understand. See Mount, B.Silva and Firminho.
Curious what you thought of Schweinsteiger in 2009. That period when nobody was thinking Bayern would be a title contender in anything but the Bundesliga... Kimmich's 25, already won the triple and contributed in pretty much every game for it. The numbers speak for him. Not saying he's better than Schweinsteiger, but there is really no justification for your incredulity.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
3 points to take away: 1 Bayern could use a press resistant player like that Thiago fella, 2 Sevilla are a dirty team to play against, 3 that ref should be made prime minister

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
Curious what you thought of Schweinsteiger in 2009. That period when nobody was thinking Bayern would be a title contender in anything but the Bundesliga... Kimmich's 25, already won the triple and contributed in pretty much every game for it. The numbers speak for him. Not saying he's better than Schweinsteiger, but there is really no justification for your incredulity.
As a #6 he's better than Schweinsteiger. Basti was good, Kimmich is better.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
If you can't see it why bother?

He is literally good at everything, the only weakness he has is speed but he's quick enough.

He can tackle, pass, shoot, cross, has amazing stamina.. I don't really understand what you don't like about him?
You forgot attitude. If the Bayern fighting spirit had a son, he would be it. Him and Müller will complain about a sloppy pass at 19:0 against a pub team.

Blackwidow

Kimmich plays this position now for about a year. Before he only sometimes played on the 6. Yes, he is not great in every match - but others played there for years but never get there. But in some matches it would be good if he would have a partner with more ball ability - not a worker like Goretzka. Kimmich today had 112 passes, Alaba 94 and Müller 92 - Goretzka 46. You know that something is wrong if Müller needs to do so much midfield work.

I looked at the UEFA match report - distance covered Bayern 143 km, Sevilla 144 km. I guess the teams both meet on Sunday (Hoffenheim, Cadiz) will like that. And when I look on the Bayern bench were after the substitutions only youngsters were left I think that there should be something made on the transfermarket. And I still do not understand why Coman - even if he was tested now negative 4 times - has to be 14 days in quarantine just because of a short contact with a fan that was tested with Covid.

Last edited:

GameOn

You forgot attitude. If the Bayern fighting spirit had a son, he would be it. Him and Müller will complain about a sloppy pass at 19:0 against a pub team.
That's what really impresses me so much, when I watch Neuer, Kimmich and Müller play (same with the former Real squad of Ramos, Ronaldo etc.).

Those guys have a natural authority, no-bs mentality and simply ooze confidence.

This attitude can really intimidate opponents.

Very underrated intangible imho.

Sad thing is, that I don't see a single player like that on our squad and I'm not trying to trash our guys. It's just the reality.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Watched that second disallowed goal a few more times, and even with the eventual win it still makes me angry :lol:

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Watched that second disallowed goal a few more times, and even with the eventual win it still makes me angry :lol:
I always thought it's just a myth since everyone bitches about their country's refs, but holy shit, if this is the best english refereeing has to offer it's truly a sad state of affairs. He was a complete disaster.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I always thought it's just a myth since everyone bitches about their country's refs, but holy shit, if this is the best english refereeing has to offer it's truly a sad state of affairs. He was a complete disaster.
I mean it's not (he's generally very bad), but overall the refereeing has been getting poorer over the past few years. It's overblown by fans though.

Chief123

I know he isnt as skilful but watching Navas at RB really makes me want to see Daniel James in there if I had to pick a position for him.
If I had to pick a position for him, it would probably be Elland Road.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Same here. It was an obvious wrong decision so why didn’t VAR get involved?

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Same here. It was an obvious wrong decision so why didn’t VAR get involved?
Just baffling. And BT sport didn't mention it again after the initial replay (commentator: "That's a tough one to decide" - is it really?). They went on and on about how "Sevilla could've won it" and completely disregarded the fact that Bayern had a goal disallowed for no reason.

RooneyLegend

You mean when he was a winger? He was pretty much a mediocre one. However as a midfielder very few have been better than him. Certainly can't compare kimmich to him. He's won all that as a right back. We'll see if Bayern win a treble with him in midfield.