UEFA Supercup Final 14.08.19. Hosted somewhere in Europe (probably)

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
VAR inconsistencies strike again. Blatant dive from Abraham for the penalty and then Adrian miles off his line for that save. In principle it's brilliant but there's too many of these moments.
For all the wrong reasons the right result was achieved. Tammy dived, got banged.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Keeper had both feet off the line before the ball was struck. Should have been retaken.

VAR not used in the shoot out?
VAR inconsistencies strike again. Blatant dive from Abraham for the penalty and then Adrian miles off his line for that save. In principle it's brilliant but there's too many of these moments.
Yep. feck knows why VAR isn't used.
Adrian was off the line, so much for VAR:houllier:
Still I knew Abraham was going to miss.
VAR isn't used to check whether the keeper leaves his line.

AC1689

Abraham doesn't play for City.
Aha, well in fairness the city penalty retake was due to encroachment by Rice, not the keeper being off his line. But surely if Rice hadn’t have encroached the pen should still have been retaken. Who knows.

Either way, rules are rules. And I assumed VAR was there to enforce these. It’s the lack of consistency which is frustrating.

livkalo

Supports
Liverpool
I don't put much value in these one-match-trophies to be honest. Would be much more upset if we lost to Soton on Saturday than if we lost this game tonight. For me these games have only commercial value and are a way for clubs to big up their trophy statistic. But oh well, at least we fans can use it as argument against oppo fans.

Jimmy_Bond

I've found it a bit weird seeing such celebrations after the Charity Shield and Super Cup victories. I always thought literally nobody cared about them, and that the Super Cup in particular was seen as a hinderance for English teams due to it's location in the calendar? Am I remembering wrong, or is it all Jose's fault for including the Asia Club Challenge on his CV?

Either way, glad Liverpool won, as it's another mental setback for Chelsea, who are our direct rival this season. Let's hope the Irish Shankly can do us a favour on Saturday and go and do a job on them.

LFCKop

Supports
Liverpool
We are still not at our best. Chelsea was always going to give good account of themselves after last result at old trafford. I think Kante was awesome. Chelsea had opened us quite easily sometimes with good moves.
I am not convinced with Adrian, I feel Mingolet is better than Adrian. Cant wait for Alisson to return. Till then, we'll be conceding goals for sure.
But for time being let me enjoy the european community shield win. One more for cabinet.:D

Nero

That shot of Klopp running toward Adrian from behind the goal was fecking scary :eek:
The guy is mentally unhinged. Not joking either. The gnashing of his teeth, the bulging of eyes, the extreme fist clenches. He has genuine mental issues. Have to feel sorry for him I guess.

el3mel

I've found it a bit weird seeing such celebrations after the Charity Shield and Super Cup victories. I always thought literally nobody cared about them, and that the Super Cup in particular was seen as a hinderance for English teams due to it's location in the calendar? Am I remembering wrong, or is it all Jose's fault for including the Asia Club Challenge on his CV?

Either way, glad Liverpool won, as it's another mental setback for Chelsea, who are our direct rival this season. Let's hope the Irish Shankly can do us a favour on Saturday and go and do a job on them.
It's a European trophy by all accounts and means. Far more important than Charity Shield.

Sky12

Supports
Chelsea

We should have won had it not been for that donkey tammy. Bats should be ahead of him imo.

Sky12

Supports
Chelsea
We are still not at our best. Chelsea was always going to give good account of themselves after last result at old trafford. I think Kante was awesome. Chelsea had opened us quite easily sometimes with good moves.
I am not convinced with Adrian, I feel Mingolet is better than Adrian. Cant wait for Alisson to return. Till then, we'll be conceding goals for sure.
But for time being let me enjoy the european community shield win. One more for cabinet.:D
No disrespect but you have been pants since champions league semi

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
I don't put much value in these one-match-trophies to be honest. Would be much more upset if we lost to Soton on Saturday than if we lost this game tonight. For me these games have only commercial value and are a way for clubs to big up their trophy statistic. But oh well, at least we fans can use it as argument against oppo fans.
It's basically the European Charity Shield. Nice to win all the same.

Extra time and travel etc might have sn effect on Saturday

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
It's a European trophy by all accounts and means. Far more important than Charity Shield.
Meh it’s not much more than a friendly imo. I won’t count it at the end of the season.

Fıstıkçı Şahap

Undeserved for Liverpool. Chelsea were clearly the better side. Just don't know why Lampard didn't get Caballero on for penalties. He's a gret penalty keeper. He's no LVG Fat Frank.

Also Lukaku-esque finishing and penalty from Abraham. Pedro had a great game & should've got that penalty. Another wrong decision from Lampard.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Liverpool were pretty poor for most of that game. Must have been close to 10 times Chelsea would have been in on goal if the correct pass was played.

el3mel

Meh it’s not much more than a friendly imo. I won’t count it at the end of the season.
It's not a top tier trophy, but still a European trophy nevertheless. Can't be compared with the Charity Shield which has 6 subs allowed ? :lol: Now that's what I call a glorified friendly.

TheThingThatShouldNotBe

Supports
Chelsea
Couldn’t care less about the trophy, much more enthused with our general play.

So much more fluid and entertaining than the crap we’ve suffered the last two years. Even when playing more conservatively than on Sunday we still created a load of chances.

Still can’t tell if Klopp is alright or actually a total bellend.

Reactions: jojojo

VJ1762

Shame that they went past us(again) on the overall trophy count. We just have to go past them again.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Not a huge trophy but it's always nice to win silverware. We've been starved of success for so long that I'm not being picky about what we pick up right now. You only get to play in this match by winning one of the two big European prizes so although the game itself is a one off, you have to earn your way into it.
Winning trophies breeds confidence, hopefully we'll be on a bit of a high for Sourhampton now and pick up some points down there

mark_a

Always sickens me to see Liverpool in Europe, for obvious reasons.